We received a upgrade, I think....

curlybelle2

Within each cabin category, there are subcategories. Usually the distinctions have to do with the location of the cabin, rather than the features/dimensions of the cabin. Typically the closer to the mid ship, the higher the classification. 

1 hour ago, curlybelle2 said: We have been upgraded from a deluxe balcony to a premium deluxe balcony. What is the difference? 

Usually, the difference between these two categories is the size of the balcony.   Premium has a bigger outside space.   Hopefully you are ok with the location.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, curlybelle2 said:

We received an email regarding our Feb cruise. It said we have an upgrade given to us. We have been upgraded from a deluxe balcony to a premium deluxe balcony. What is the difference? We can't see any difference.

Thanks, Kaye  

You don't say what cabin or ship, but if it's a Royal class then the premium deluxe balcony might be one of the aft balconies, which look very nice. Large balcony.

20 minutes ago, curlybelle2 said:

Not happy with this "upgrade". Been on hold for 45 minutes. 

It is on the Enchanted they moved us from L201 to D711. We prefer the forward because its close to the Princess Theater and food.

kaye

That's a pretty radical change.

4 minutes ago, curlybelle2 said:

Finally got through to Princess and a very nice man helped me. He filled out some paperwork to get the our room back.. it taking 72 hours to confirm.

crossing our fingers! Kaye

Good luck

Cheers

6 minutes ago, curlybelle2 said:

Finally got through to Princess and a very nice man helped me. He filled out some paperwork to get the our room back.. it taking 72 hours to confirm.

crossing our fingers! Kaye

So they do the change in a heartbeat now it could take 72 hours to reverse it?  Not sure I'd have accepted that.  Fingers crossed.

We received an upgrade notice, too. We were moved from a balcony to a premium balcony. I checked the deck plan. Both locations are mid-aft. The premium is 40 sq ft larger. From the deck plan, it looks the extra space is on the balcony. 
We're happy. 

Edited by Marelaine
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, Marelaine said:

We received an upgrade notice, too. We were moved from a balcony to a premium balcony. I checked the deck plan. Both locations are mid-aft. The premium is 40 sq ft larger. From the deck plan, it looks the extra space is on the balcony. 
We're happy. 

Good one!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marelaine said:

We're happy. 

I am glad your upgrade works for you. it looks like premium  does have a bigger balcony. 

With us the location was important since we have mobility issues with our son.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, curlybelle2 said:

I am glad your upgrade works for you. it looks like premium  does have a bigger balcony. 

With us the location was important since we have mobility issues with our son.

Make sure the person helping marks it NO UPGRADE which is the best chance to not be moved again.  It's not an iron-clad guarantee, especially with Princess blocking off cabins for potential Covid-19 quarantining if needed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Make sure the person helping marks it NO UPGRADE which is the best chance to not be moved again.  It's not an iron-clad guarantee, especially with Princess blocking off cabins for potential Covid-19 quarantining if needed.

Good idea, I didn't think of that! Thanks!

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

That's interesting.  Is NO UPGRADE something that you can designate when you book?  In our case we're fine with the upgrade our PVP got us.  But the OP went from forward to aft and changed decks.  Pretty radical based on their preferences and needs.

• Like 1

Our booking was designated "No Upgrade" but they changed the stateroom anyway. Same cabin category but moved from port to starboard, roughly same area. I'm guessing it's due to closing off area for COVID quarantining. Minor change so didn't make an issue of it. But "No Upgrade" does not guarantee that you won't be moved.

1 hour ago, cltnccruisers said:

That's interesting.  Is NO UPGRADE something that you can designate when you book?  In our case we're fine with the upgrade our PVP got us.  But the OP went from forward to aft and changed decks.  Pretty radical based on their preferences and needs.

Yes.  Just ask because the default is open to upgrades.

Got upgrade notice yesterday from category DW cabin  E412 (obstructed but not&has big balcony) to a category DB cabin C517 (not obstructed and up 2 floors and small balcony). Not happy and tried to get E412 back but said was not possible that they needed E412 for possible isolation/quarantine cabin.

Also noticed a new cabin listed on my Feb Regal cruise. We booked E410 (obstr but not&big balcony) they changed to E510 which has big lifeboat&lift obstruction and small balcony. Finally got on the online Chat and got moved to E411 which is same as E410 but on Starboard side. It was a stressful morning. Now if they can just get all my cruises onto Medallion.

4 hours ago, Ice Queen said:

Our booking was designated "No Upgrade" but they changed the stateroom anyway. Same cabin category but moved from port to starboard, roughly same area. I'm guessing it's due to closing off area for COVID quarantining. Minor change so didn't make an issue of it. But "No Upgrade" does not guarantee that you won't be moved.

I expect most changes like this are pretty minor and for the reason you mention.  But the OPs was pretty significant.  Forward to aft and several deck change.  They had preferences and needs that got messed up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cltnccruisers said:

I was thinking more is there a flag to check rather than having to engage a carbon based life form.  😀

To the very best of my knowledge, there's no flag to check. I've looked. I email my PVP and ask her to mark no upgrade. She always does that immediately.

4 hours ago, rwilk1129 said:

Got upgrade notice yesterday from category DW cabin  E412 (obstructed but not&has big balcony) to a category DB cabin C517 (not obstructed and up 2 floors and small balcony). Not happy and tried to get E412 back but said was not possible that they needed E412 for possible isolation/quarantine cabin.

Also noticed a new cabin listed on my Feb Regal cruise. We booked E410 (obstr but not&big balcony) they changed to E510 which has big lifeboat&lift obstruction and small balcony. Finally got on the online Chat and got moved to E411 which is same as E410 but on Starboard side. It was a stressful morning. Now if they can just get all my cruises onto Medallion.

I hope they leave all your cruises alone from here out! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

I was thinking more is there a flag to check rather than having to engage a carbon based life form.  😀

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

To the very best of my knowledge, there's no flag to check. I've looked. I email my PVP and ask her to mark no upgrade. She always does that immediately.

Correct - there is no flag available to a guest to set.  Has to be done in POLAR.  I have accessed a number of agency booking sites that setup a booking in POLAR, and never seen the option.  Have to have direct access to POLAR which means your TA or a Princess rep.

• Like 2