Ripcord by iFly question on reservation

33 minutes ago, sportmorgan said:

If I get a reservation for Ripcord by iFly but decide not to do it (or am told I weigh too much) can I give someone else in my party my reservation slot?

Totally depends on the staff at the check in station - some say yes, others say no.

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Is this something you book ahead of time or once on board?

I have not seen it in the planner - on board only. Do it soon after embarkation - they do "sell out" especially on shorter sailings.

2 hours ago, sportmorgan said:

If I get a reservation for Ripcord by iFly but decide not to do it (or am told I weigh too much) can I give someone else in my party my reservation slot?

all sport and entertainment reservations have to made after you board since the Covid restrictions  ....unless you have a genie 

the restrictions  for I fly are

RESTRICTIONS

Must be 3 years old, weight less than 230 lbs. if shorter than 6’ or less than 250 lbs. if 6’ and taller.

• 1 year later...

Does Ripcord cost money?  I see that I can prebook it for our March Anthem cruise for $29 right now, but wondering if it's complimentary if we waited until we board. 

Reason I ask is that I'm pretty sure your first reserved ride on the NorthStar is free, however I can prebook an extended session for $19.

So there is a free version that only extends up which is what we did and it was enough for me. They also have a pay version where it extends up and then goes over the side of the ship and therefore is a little longer trip. The free version you book right after boarding in the app. They also open up more times throughout the sailing if you do not get to book on the first day. Ask at the ifly desk and they will tell you what time of day they open up other spots. I think it was at night for the following day. You can also wait and see if there are no shows and jump on sometimes.

36 minutes ago, cruzvaca said:

So there is a free version that only extends up which is what we did and it was enough for me. They also have a pay version where it extends up and then goes over the side of the ship and therefore is a little longer trip. The free version you book right after boarding in the app. They also open up more times throughout the sailing if you do not get to book on the first day. Ask at the ifly desk and they will tell you what time of day they open up other spots. I think it was at night for the following day. You can also wait and see if there are no shows and jump on sometimes.

Thank you, I appreciate all that excellent info.  I did not realize the free one did not go over the side of the ship!

Do you know the answer to my question regarding the ripcord?

17 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Thank you, I appreciate all that excellent info.  I did not realize the free one did not go over the side of the ship!

Ripcord also has a free session. It’s a minute long. Book when you board.

• Thanks 1

On 11/9/2021 at 2:37 PM, gc said:

all sport and entertainment reservations have to made after you board since the Covid restrictions  ....unless you have a genie 

the restrictions  for I fly are

RESTRICTIONS

Must be 3 years old, weight less than 230 lbs. if shorter than 6’ or less than 250 lbs. if 6’ and taller.

Concierge can make them early as well😉

41 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

The pay session gives you two flights. Highly recommend because you generally screw up in your initial free session. 

Try and get a free session first, so book the pay one later in week. Might look at port day for free one.  Pt Canaveral might beva good opportunity 

Edited by John&LaLa

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

The pay session gives you two flights. Highly recommend because you generally screw up in your initial free session. 

Try and get a free session first, so book the pay one later in week. Might look at port day for free one.  Pt Canaveral might beva good opportunity 

Thank you John.  👍🏼

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruzvaca said:

Oops wrong info. This was for Northstar.