Flight via Celebrity?

Froufie

So researching flights for our January cruise - and decided to check out pricing on Celebrity as well.  (first time cruising celebrity)

So BIG substantial savings in the outbound flight we are interested in, so I am about to book (I prefer to do the return on my own - and no big savings there for some reason) and wanted to get input from those who 'know'! 🙂

Is there any reason I should not book with Celebrity?  Anything I need to know about managing the flight/checking in, seat selection (which I would pay for of course), etc?

Your thoughts?  thanks

58 minutes ago, Froufie said:

So researching flights for our January cruise - and decided to check out pricing on Celebrity as well.  (first time cruising celebrity)

So BIG substantial savings in the outbound flight we are interested in, so I am about to book (I prefer to do the return on my own - and no big savings there for some reason) and wanted to get input from those who 'know'! 🙂

Is there any reason I should not book with Celebrity?  Anything I need to know about managing the flight/checking in, seat selection (which I would pay for of course), etc?

Your thoughts?  thanks

One thing to try to do is when booking try to book the same airline that is ticketing the flight.   I booked a flight awhile ago which was a british airways flight but ticketed through american.   I had a had time then booking the seat.   You may be able to do it, but I eventually cancelled the flight and booked the whole thing on a british airways ticket and the issue went away.

1 hour ago, Froufie said:

Your thoughts?  thanks

We are flying out on Mon & the only thing we noticed is that when it came to booking seats the charge was in US funds even though we booked in CDN $.

Celebrity Air is US booking agent so that is why Air Canada charged us in US & I seem to recall a few years back WestJet did the same thing.  Other than that it worked great, here’s hoping for the same thing.  When we came back WestJet we were booked on Air Canada but had a death in the family & had to get home a day earlier & they couldn’t have done more.

1 hour ago, tert333 said:

One thing to try to do is when booking try to book the same airline that is ticketing the flight.   I booked a flight awhile ago which was a british airways flight but ticketed through american.   I had a had time then booking the seat.   You may be able to do it, but I eventually cancelled the flight and booked the whole thing on a british airways ticket and the issue went away.

There can be different locator codes. As long as you can use the ticket number instead of the locator code you should be able to do it. It is worth making a note of the other locator code.

2 hours ago, If only said:

We are flying out on Mon & the only thing we noticed is that when it came to booking seats the charge was in US funds even though we booked in CDN $.

Celebrity Air is US booking agent so that is why Air Canada charged us in US & I seem to recall a few years back WestJet did the same thing.  Other than that it worked great, here’s hoping for the same thing.  When we came back WestJet we were booked on Air Canada but had a death in the family & had to get home a day earlier & they couldn’t have done more.

So when I check the flight online it clearly indicates the price listed is in Canadian dollars (this i also an air canada flight) and it sounds like despite that it would be charged in US dollars - but that doesn't bother me either.....  Good to know - thanks

3 minutes ago, Froufie said:

So when I check the flight online it clearly indicates the price listed is in Canadian dollars (this i also an air canada flight) and it sounds like despite that it would be charged in US dollars - but that doesn't bother me either.....  Good to know - thanks

You are correct prices are in CDN $, but when I went to Air Canada site it & put in locater # it changed over the little flag at the top to US & charged us US $ for the seats.  Which was ok as the flight was so reasonable.

Edited by If only

6 minutes ago, If only said:

You are correct prices are in CDN $, but when I went to Air Canada site it & put in locater # it changed over the little flag at the top to US & charged us US $ for the seats.  Which was ok as the flight was so reasonable.

I had the same issue as well and then I realized  Air Canada was defaulting to "US English" site .   You may want to check and see if the top of the Air Canada Page (1 o'clock location) is defaulting to Canada or US.  If you see the US flag, you can click and change it to Canada. Pricing should reflect CAD once changed.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Janedoe2012 said:

I had the same issue as well and then I realized  Air Canada was defaulting to "US English" site .   You may want to check and see if the top of the Air Canada Page (1 o'clock location) is defaulting to Canada or US.  If you see the US flag, you can click and change it to Canada. Pricing should reflect CAD once changed.  

Yes, I realize that it changes but I had the Canada page put in the booking # to access our flight & to book seats & it automatically changed it to US, I think it’s due to Celebrity Air being a US booking agent.  If you know how to pay for seats in Cdn $ with Celebrity Air I would love to know how.

3 hours ago, If only said:

Sorry one more question about the picking of seats?  So I assume I would get the file locator from Celebrity and then go on to the AC flight and be able to enter our info and purchase seats now/soon?  Is that correct?

36 minutes ago, Froufie said:

Sorry one more question about the picking of seats?  So I assume I would get the file locator from Celebrity and then go on to the AC flight and be able to enter our info and purchase seats now/soon?  Is that correct?

Yes, make sure you tell Celebrity Air that you want the Air Carrier # so you can book your seats.  Flight must paid in full first.

Edited by If only

1 hour ago, If only said:

Yes, make sure you tell Celebrity Air that you want the Air Carrier # so you can book your seats.  Flight must paid in full first.

So I just booked online and got my 'locator' # - I did pay in full.  What is the Air carrier # you refer to?  (Is this different from the file locator # on my confirmation?)

6 minutes ago, Froufie said:

So I just booked online and got my 'locator' # - I did pay in full.  What is the Air carrier # you refer to?  (Is this different from the file locator # on my confirmation?)

When you receive your email from Celebrity Air half way down it shows Record Locator Booking Reference- it’s shows 2 - the one with Carrier after it is the Airline one.  Hope this helps.

14 minutes ago, Froufie said:

For Celebrity it is the six character booking reference - a combination of numbers and letter for a total of 6 characters - usually three of each - letters and numbers. 

I just went through this with Celebrity and Air Canada

Edited by Sabbycat

So I made the purchase and printed off the page on the website - which said a confirmation would be sent to me, listing my email address.

it is now a couple of hours later and no email confirmation?  I tried the 'file locator' number on the AC website which seems to have us listed, but while there is a link to 'add seat' - it does not seem to work at all for me?

Most concerned about lack of email confirmation from Celebrity (yes checked junk folders) - am I being too nervous?  Guess I will wait til tomorrow morning to see if it appears?

So not impressed at all as things are still not 'working' for me.  No confirmation email this morning so called the Celebrity Flights #....asking them about 1) emailing me the confirmation and b) why is the locator # provided not working on the AC site (asking me if I want a refund??? and nothing happening when clicking on the 'add seat' option).

So Frank said he would FIX IT - seeing as I had made full payment and all was good - he was going to get my 'ticket' issued and to try again in a couple of hours and I would easily be able to access my booking and purchase/add seats - well Frank is a liar LOL.  

I did get the email confirmation he promised, but it is now evening time and I just tried to log in again - and still getting the weird messages about do you want to 'continue with your refund"?  and no luck clicking on the 'add' seat option....

Will try to call them again in the morning - but it shouldn't be this hard - should it?

22 minutes ago, Froufie said:

So not impressed at all as things are still not 'working' for me.  No confirmation email this morning so called the Celebrity Flights #....asking them about 1) emailing me the confirmation and b) why is the locator # provided not working on the AC site (asking me if I want a refund??? and nothing happening when clicking on the 'add seat' option).

So Frank said he would FIX IT - seeing as I had made full payment and all was good - he was going to get my 'ticket' issued and to try again in a couple of hours and I would easily be able to access my booking and purchase/add seats - well Frank is a liar LOL.  

I did get the email confirmation he promised, but it is now evening time and I just tried to log in again - and still getting the weird messages about do you want to 'continue with your refund"?  and no luck clicking on the 'add' seat option....

Will try to call them again in the morning - but it shouldn't be this hard - should it?

Sorry your having all this problem.  If you received the confirmation from Celebrity, half way down there should be locator #’s.  It does take about 24 hours for Air Canada to actually issue the ticket # then the seats can be booked.

Edited by If only
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Froufie said:

This is one reason that I would/will NEVER book Cruise Air!  I stick with AC, Direct Flights, Premium Economy, Aisle Seat, all booked by/through by TA!

Did you get anywhere this morning?   We just snagged nonstop flights from Montreal to Ft Lauderdale for our April cruise for $19.91 each (economy,) on Air Canada through FBC.    Received a confirmation from them showing this price along with the AC locator # and it now also appears on our booking invoice from our TA.   Problem is our friends who are travelling with us tried to get the same deal but FBC is telling them that's the price for new bookings only.   Its too bad that Celebrity can not be consistent.   I told our friends to book a flight through her booking then call FBC and request them to change it to the $20 flight and quote their own T & C for Guarantee lowest price .   

46 minutes ago, schiff1997 said:

Did you get anywhere this morning?   We just snagged nonstop flights from Montreal to Ft Lauderdale for our April cruise for $19.91 each (economy,) on Air Canada through FBC.    Received a confirmation from them showing this price along with the AC locator # and it now also appears on our booking invoice from our TA.   Problem is our friends who are travelling with us tried to get the same deal but FBC is telling them that's the price for new bookings only.   Its too bad that Celebrity can not be consistent.   I told our friends to book a flight through her booking then call FBC and request them to change it to the $20 flight and quote their own T & C for Guarantee lowest price .   

What is FBC? 

SUCCESS - guess I was just being too impatient?

Was able to log int to 'my bookings' using the AC file locator # (and making a note that the 1 was actually the letter I LOL).....and selected and paid for our two seats!  Happy Dance! (and all that $$ saved will be used to purchase that additional pre-cruise hotel night!)  🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, schiff1997 said:

AWESOME DEAL (and I thought I was getting a bargain LOL)....  I don't even know how they are able to offer these prices, but not complaining!  🙂