Harmony Transatlantic 10/31-11/13/21

Gracie115

What a wonderful TA it was!!  Only a bit over 1100 passengers for the crossing, started off with about 1500 but 300 debarked at Malaga, a travel agency group of some kind.

It is the only Royal ship to do a TA with passengers this year.  Just so crazy to walk around this enormous ship with so few passengers.  According to Captain Johnny in his "Captain's Corner" meeting, the CDC approved the cruise with passengers as long as there weren't more than 1500 for the crossing.

It was a wonderful cruise.  Felt very very safe from beginning to end.  We were tested 4 times, once at embarkation and then 3 days later before Malaga, again before Nassau and then the day before we reached Port Canaveral.  It was very easy, no long lines and took about 15 minutes out of your day each time.  No positive cases at all for either crew or passengers.

The staff was amazing!!  We were in a Crown Loft Suite and boy did we feel spoiled.  What a wonderful suite.  

This was our first time in a full suite on Royal.  We have been cruising mostly on Celebrity in suites for several years so were concerned about how Royal would compare.  The suite lounge was wonderful, we met so many great people each evening before dinner.  Coastal Kitchen was FAR better than we expected and we were sorry we had purchased a 5 night dinner package for the specialties. Service in Coastal was wonderful.  From the Maitre'd, Jackieshan, to waiters like Bony(amazing waiter & person), John, Tashar, ass't waiters, Albert(who also was the amazing Mad Hatter in Wonderland!) we just felt so pampered.  I realize that with so few people on the ship we did expect to have great service, but ALL suites were occupied and the lounge and Coastal Kitchen was very busy every day and they did a sensational job.  The 2 Suite Concierge's Jackie & Lily were so helpful, so friendly, they handled several requests from us during the cruise beautifully.  They treated everyone like they were family and made all feel welcome.  I thought they had been working together for years that was how seamlessly they did their jobs but actually had only been together for a couple of months. 

We love sea days, but weren't sure how we would do with 8 in a row.  It was wonderful and let us know that if we are ever lucky enough to do a world cruise we'll be more than fine with all the sea days!! (Of course we will have to find a way not too eat and drink so much on a cruise like that!!😀)

We were just so happy to be back on a ship, and the crew we spoke to were very glad to be back at work too.

We can't wait for our next cruise on the Anthem TA next May.  

Oh, this was our 1st cruise with Capt. Johnny and he was a blast!! Yeah, yeah!!!😀😁

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stomsf said:

WB Gracie!  Good to hear about the crossing and no COVID cases.  We board Harmony on Sunday for a Thanksgiving cruise - one of our pals is fingers crossed for a RoyalUp Crown Loft Suite upgrade.

Good luck to your pal.  I do know the Thanksgiving cruise has 4500 plus passengers according to Capt Johnny.

The ship, staff , and cruise were  amazing.  Not one complaint.   My issues is Royals accounting Dept.  Because the cruise was shortened I was to receive a $167.00 refund.  The letter I received on 10/1 stated no later then 11/1.   It is 11/22.  I have not received my money, and just get as an answer we are behind in processing refunds due to covid.   I do not think as much as I enjoy Royal I will be booking until this issue is corrected. It really is a crying shame. 

49 minutes ago, Livetocruise0717 said:

The ship, staff , and cruise were  amazing.  Not one complaint.   My issues is Royals accounting Dept.  Because the cruise was shortened I was to receive a $167.00 refund.  The letter I received on 10/1 stated no later then 11/1.   It is 11/22.  I have not received my money, and just get as an answer we are behind in processing refunds due to covid.   I do not think as much as I enjoy Royal I will be booking until this issue is corrected. It really is a crying shame. 

First world problem...it is only $167 bucks...you have 3 other cruises booked...chill...

• Like 1

Guest BigRoger

Hi you are bang on correct - it was a super TA… nothing too busy but nothing feeling empty and lonely… we also upgraded to a full suite and found that the suite lounge and particularly coastal kitchen was absolutely excellent. We had been on anthem and eaten in coastal kitchen and found it ‘good’ but not outstanding but the team on Harmony were absolutely excellent.

The final thing we loved was how genuinely nice and pleased to see our return to the US the Border staff were at port Canaveral- so friendly and supportive (we did wonder if there would be some discomfort with the first Europeans arriving in) but they were excellent. 

As to refund - we had totally forgotten about that! We have received nothing and now need to follow up!

Guest BigRoger
30 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

First world problem...it is only $167 bucks...you have 3 other cruises booked...chill...

If it means so little to you….. can you send me $167 bucks please?

5 hours ago, Livetocruise0717 said:

Oh no!  Your own thread wasn't enough?  You need to come here to complain, too?

I read no such thing as refunds by 11/1.  Exact letter below. I don't have mine yet either but was assured it is being worked on.  The people here cannot resolve it for you and $167 shouldn't hold you back from a fabulous next cruise!

• Beginning October 15th, 2021, we’ll automatically move you to the Harmony of the Seas sailing debarking a day earlier than your original cruise. So, there’s nothing for you to do!
  • Your cruise fare will be reduced by one day. You can expect to receive the refund for this amount (excluding taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items) to your original form of payment within 30 days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.

• Like 1

The Capt was so funny, the food terrific, we felt very safe and we had amazing entertainment.  The staff was amazing.   All true.  But whats right is right… refund the money you promised in the time frame you stated.   Yes if u want to send me the $167.00 Ill take it as well.

Many other cruise lines have had to refund money.  I have used 2 other lines myself  both had to refund us due too changes they made.  Not once did I have to call weekly only to be told…..Oh the refund never went thru we will have to enter it manually .  Nor did I wait more then 2 weeks…..to date my refund is 52 days from the date of notice of the money being refunded to me….sorry may not be important to one of u….but most surely is important to most of us in an industry that for sure has to make changes often…and we need to feel confident in our refunds being processed !

10 minutes ago, Livetocruise0717 said:

…..to date my refund is 52 days from the date of notice of the money being refunded to me….

While that may be true, the letter further stated 30 days after you've been moved which was to begin Oct. 15. At worst, your money is 7 days late currently.  And for argument's sake, if they never completed the moves until Oct. 31 boarding day, they still have a week left to process the refunds. Just relax. Remember the happy times on the cruise and calm down.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 1

It was just a wonderful cruise, great memories!!

We also haven't received our 1 day refund but when Royal was called we were told it was "processed" on Nov 2 and that we should receive it within 30 days of that.  Would like to get it before the next credit card cycle but if not, oh well, as long as it shows up eventually.

We waited 4 months for our refund from Princess back in spring 2020 and it took a credit card chargeback to get that one moving.....I don't expect this to be anything like that.  The cruiselines are limping back to life and the fact that the cruise was as wonderful as it was is a testament to the line trying to make our cruise experience as normal as possible while under huge financial issues.  The money will come eventually.

Meanwhile I'm waiting for Dec 6 when the 2023 itineraries come out....perhaps I'll use that 1 day refund to book another cruise!!!😁

• Like 1