Christmas on board HAL

REM2

2 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Thanks for sharing the photo . We are on the New Years Eve cruise and we hope that they keep the decorations up through the New Year .

The timing of the change of decorations varies from ship to ship.  I have sailed on HAL ships after New Year's Day when the decorations had disappeared when I arose on New Year's Day.  On others, it was a day or more before the crew removed the decorations.  

10 hours ago, ShipWalker said:

Christmas season has started on the Nieuw Amsterdam. Christmas music everywhere during loading. Decorations everywhere. And a large gingerbread town display. (With a train)

58BE0BA7-740A-4052-A83E-CA1050632078.thumb.jpeg.b6a15abfdb45853c6a931d6656d4a06a.jpeg

Thanks for sharing this! My wife is going to love this when we board next Saturday. Please let us know if the Christmas music continues throughout the cruise. 

19 hours ago, ShipWalker said:

Christmas season has started on the Nieuw Amsterdam. Christmas music everywhere during loading. Decorations everywhere. And a large gingerbread town display. (With a train)

58BE0BA7-740A-4052-A83E-CA1050632078.thumb.jpeg.b6a15abfdb45853c6a931d6656d4a06a.jpeg

Thanks for sharing! We board on Dec 18 for 5 days and are excited to have the holiday magic onboard.  My son will enjoy watching the train!

I don't mind the decorations but the music just seems wrong on a Caribbesn cruise.

But then, I detest Christmas music anywhere at any time.

Just sitting on Lido on NA having my burger and beer in the sun and not enjoying the music at all.  Bad humbug.

• Thanks 1

On 12/4/2021 at 3:38 PM, ShipWalker said:

Thanks for updating! We are excited! 

I am keeping an eye on your sailing to see if the ship is allowed to dock at Grand Turk, btw. My understanding is up until now the port has been cancelled. Have y'all had any updates? 

Thanks again for the photo!

20 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

I don't mind the decorations but the music just seems wrong on a Caribbesn cruise.

But then, I detest Christmas music anywhere at any time.

Just sitting on Lido on NA having my burger and beer in the sun and not enjoying the music at all.  Bad humbug.

Having just come off the NA your mission if you choose to accept it is to count how many different versions of "Sleigh Ride" are played. 😁

Edited by ShipWalker

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the N.A. and loved the Christmas decorations scattered about the shift. Nothing too in your face, and just enough to remind you what season it is. I also didn't mind the Christmas music, but it disappeared halfway through the cruise thanks to a petition signed by many of the passengers (I believe the smoking section had a lot to do with it). So funny, and they got their way! Never heard it again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1