Non-Platinum boarding time?

kabux

We are sailing with my son and his GF and would all like to board at the same time - Mardi Gras in early Jan.  I am platinum but they are not.  What is the best strategy to get on the earliest?  Should I (platinum) check in on the earlier day and choose a time like 11:30 and hope 2 days later he can get same time?  Or should we just both reserve on same day to get same time?  Thanks!

When my 3 cruises checked in I got A01, 1030. 2 days later they got A03, 1030. Not even 5 minutes later being called...just pick a time and I bet it works out. 

1030 didnt fill up, just a later area but minutes later. First time they had trouble with my picture and 4 more areas had already been called .. it was minutes difference. 

• Like 1

I'm not platinum, but when I checked in for my cruise recently, all the times were still available from 10:00 on. You probably won't have an issue getting the same time, especially if you pick a slightly later slot.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheSeagoer said:

Why don't you check in it the same time as the other 2? Is an hour a big difference on a 7 night cruise?

If you all sign in together at midnight, miami time, odds are you all get the same earliest time. That's how it worked on my roll calls.

11 pm dallas time 14 days out. Earliest time was still open. Just dont wait. 

We have 4 cabins. 2 are platinum,  2 not. The 2 platinum got 10 a.m. times. One of the other signed in around 6 a.m. and got 10 a.m.  the last one signed in around 9 and got 10:30.  Remember,  platinum gets a 2 day head start on online check in.

• 1 year later...
On 11/30/2021 at 12:01 AM, NotVeryCreative said:

Curious, is it possible for the platinum cruiser to manage the booking of the non platinum cabin and check in both cabins at the earlier platinum checkin day?

No.  If getting on the ship a few minutes earlier is important you can put each non-platinum in a cabin with a platinum when you book and then go to Guest Services once on board to get spare cabin keys so that everyone is where they belong.

Honestly though, I think the thing to do is to get one of the latest check-in times (about an hour before the final boarding time).  By then there will be no lines, you can walk directly onto the ship and have immediate access to your cabin instead of sitting for a couple of hours in the middle of a crowd waiting for cabins to be available.