New (to me) masking requirement. Is this Jewel only?

We are heading out on Sunday. We were checking the app and reading up on the processed, etc.

Under "need to know" one of the questions is "Do I need a mask?"

Answer:"All guests 6 and older must wear face masks indoors and outdoors, unless seated and actively eating or drinking or drinking or sitting beside the pool."

Is this something I missed? Is this pretty recent? Is this only on Jewel?

I'm not complaining, I knew that things could change, but it looks like on our Jewel cruise they are not having fully vaxxed, no mask venues.

Edited by cruisin from florida
Misspelled

Nope pretty standard for cruises now-a-days.

We cruised Freedom in Oct.

Mask when walking around ship.

Once seated mask can came off.

Outdoor by pool areas no one was wearing masks.

In fully vaccinated venue's for shows, staff informed us we did not need to wear a mask.

On Coco Cay no one was wearing masks unless they were riding the shuttle's.

Enjoy your trip

If that is what it currently says, it appears more restrictive concerning outdoor wearing of masks than our recent cruise and what RCL states online, which is:

Below are current mask policies. We are continually evaluating mask policies as public health standards and government regulations evolve. Booked guests will be advised of the latest requirements for their port of departure before sailing.

This guidance is for all guests age 2 and up. Guests under the age of 2 do not need to wear a mask.

Masks are NOT required to be worn:

• In open-air areas of the ship, unless you are in a crowded setting
  • In the pool or any activity where they may become wet
  • At venues designated for vaccinated guests only, such as select bars, lounges, restaurants and shows
  • In your stateroom when you are with your traveling party
  • While visiting our private destination, Perfect Day at CocoCay, unless you are in a crowded setting
  • By any guest under the age of 2

Masks ARE required to be worn:

• While indoors onboard the ship, unless seated and actively eating or drinking
  • While visiting public ports of call, where local regulations may require them 

14 hours ago, cruisin from florida said:

We are heading out on Sunday. We were checking the app and reading up on the processed, etc.

Under "need to know" one of the questions is "Do I need a mask?"

Answer:"All guests 6 and older must wear face masks indoors and outdoors, unless seated and actively eating or drinking or drinking or sitting beside the pool."

Is this something I missed? Is this pretty recent? Is this only on Jewel?

I'm not complaining, I knew that things could change, but it looks like on our Jewel cruise they are not having fully vaxxed, no mask venues.

We saw this too and seems different than what has been reported and noted before. 

So far have sailed Adventure, Allure, and Odyssey post covid, and they all had the same policy.  You’ll wear your mask  when inside the ship, except for when you are in Vaccinated Only areas.  Masks were not required in outdoor areas.