The Kitchen Table

OKCowboy

Any recent experiences with The Kitchen Table cooking school? Have an upcoming cruise and wonder if Viking is still having them in this time of Covid. If so, how does one register?

The Kitchen Table
At our onboard cooking school, experience firsthand how our world-class chefs bring distinct, local flavors from market to table. On sea days, learn to cook dishes highlighting an upcoming destination. On port days, handpick ingredients at a local market, then learn how to prepare regional dishes and create elegant three-course presentations. This is a one-of-a-kind optional opportunity to shop, cook and eat with the masters.

No post-COVID experience, but on Viking Sun, we had them every sea day. Really weren't published in the Viking Daily, so had to book with the Explorer's Desk. They are treated similar to Shore-ex.

They do provide a schedule of menus, which they will print upon request.

Yes, haven’t seen them post covid on either cruise.  But on the 2019 WC, the port ones were shore ex to be purchased, and the at sea days were booked through guest services.  They were very popular and sold out quickly.  Here is one on the ship for Moroccan cuisine.  Lots of fun!B040B260-7DDF-4204-A129-C782D2BA5FAC.thumb.jpeg.6dd9be3c3ba0cc52d98899aa14fd08eb.jpeg

Edited by SantaFe1

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Mich3554 said:

I haven’t seen it on the cruise I’m on, and I have been looking for it.

During the day, walk through Manfredi's and at the aft end is a cross alleyway connecting to The Chef's Table. Leading aft is a centre line alleyway heading aft into crew areas. On the Port side (right hand facing aft) you should see a glass door leading to the Kitchen Table.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

During the day, walk through Manfredi's and at the aft end is a cross alleyway connecting to The Chef's Table. Leading aft is a centre line alleyway heading aft into crew areas. On the Port side (right hand facing aft) you should see a glass door leading to the Kitchen Table.

there is also a staircase coming down from the MDR.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

I know the location, I just have seen nothing in the Viking Daily about a session, as I’d be all over it like white on rice.  I’ve already lost 2 excursions which included cooking in Morocco and cooking in Uruguay.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mich3554 said:

I know the location, I just have seen nothing in the Viking Daily about a session, as I’d be all over it like white on rice.  I’ve already lost 2 excursions which included cooking in Morocco and cooking in Uruguay.  

My wife did the cooking in Morocco and she indicated it was one of the best experiences. Was held at a cooking school Blue Door.

3 hours ago, MS52 said:

We asked about them on the Viking Sea last week.  We were told they are not doing them at this time because of covid.  

We did the same thing on the Sea last week!   Who knows when they will open.

Did the tour they gave (given by the Cruise Consultant Sam Crobin) around the ship.  Highlight was seeing rooms like the Kitchen Table.

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

Is this the room for Kitchen's Table dinners?  Or what is this room/table used for?  (This was on Jupiter in early August).

Haven't been on Jupiter, but that is most likely one of the Private Dining Rooms (Manfredi's or Chef's Table) that seat 10 to 12 fairly comfortably. We had 14 one night in Manfredi's and it was rather cramped. You can book these room for private parties in the evening, or meetings by day. We booked the Chef's Table Room every couple of weeks for the photography group to meet and we used Manfredi's about every 2 or 3 weeks for games nights.

The Kitchen Table has a larger table in the middle of the space, it is also much higher. On Viking Sun the table was almost square, with a quartz top.

• Thanks 1