Final check-in question

purplecow15

We are going to be at the 21 day mark for checking in this week. I believe part of the process includes watching the muster video. My question is does each person in cabin have to watch  it separately , or can we both check off as watched? Any other tips for checking in efficiently would be appreciated. TIA

15 minutes ago, purplecow15 said:

We are going to be at the 21 day mark for checking in this week. I believe part of the process includes watching the muster video. My question is does each person in cabin have to watch  it separately , or can we both check off as watched? Any other tips for checking in efficiently would be appreciated. TIA

You are on your honor.  NCL wants everyone to watch it, but they really have no way to enforce that.  On the other hand, it only takes a couple of minutes, and it might save your life, so why not have everyone in the room watch it?

• Like 1

I don't know Tia but her check in is most likely just like everyone else.  Technically, no, not everyone must watch it.  One person can complete the 21 day check in for all passengers in the cabin and that person must watch it once for each of them.

• Like 1

Is this video presentation supposed to replace the actual onboard muster drill ?

Somewhat a good idea in the former muster gatherings with guests all grouped

together in a room/deck/location making the covid spacing a folly.

But the mandatory attendance requirement insures compliance !

In any event it is a good idea to seek out the muster location to familiarize where it is at in real time

and how to get there - 

2 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Is this video presentation supposed to replace the actual onboard muster drill ?

Somewhat a good idea in the former muster gatherings with guests all grouped

together in a room/deck/location making the covid spacing a folly.

But the mandatory attendance requirement insures compliance !

In any event it is a good idea to seek out the muster location to familiarize where it is at in real time

and how to get there - 

It wouldn’t surprise me if people take in more of the muster drill in this fashion, rather than having to attend.

Whilst a physical muster drill does verify that you attended, it is obvious that very few people are actually paying much attention. By the time you have waited 20 minutes for the stragglers to arrive and then tried to hear what is going on over all the chatting (even worse in Europe where each sentence is repeated in various languages ensuring that conversations start during the gaps) I imagine few people learn much.

A short video can get that all done before people lose interest. I assume that they are getting round any insurance and legal requirements by getting you to confirm you have watched.

I do agree about finding your muster station. That is the real benefit of a proper muster drill. You don’t want to be looking for that during an emergency.

Edited by KeithJenner

we checked in yesterday with 2 cabins, 4 people and each person we checked in, it made the video play to completion until you were able to check the box.  We all watched it on the first check in, but i got to watch it the other 3 times it played...  Not a big deal though, i think it was only 1.5 minutes or something short like that.  Once its complete, the greyed out check box will go away and you will be able to check the box and move on to the next step.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Is this video presentation supposed to replace the actual onboard muster drill ? Somewhat a good idea in the former muster gatherings with guests all grouped together in a room/deck/location making the covid spacing a folly. But the mandatory attendance requirement insures compliance! 

In any event it is a good idea to seek out the muster location to familiarize where it is at in real time and how to get there -  

Yes. It replaces the traditional muster. The same is being done on other cruise lines. 

As soon as you embark, you are directed to your muster station and your room key is scanned. They ask if you have read and watched the muster information prior to embarkation. If you say "no" they are forced to read the script to you. If you say "yes, I watched the video", they send you on your way. 

At the "normal" muster time, the captain and cruise director will read the standard script over the ship's speakers and sound the emergency signal. You do not have to assemble for this reading. 

• Like 3