Reduced or full capacity?

Calgon1

I understand some cruise lines are limiting bookings to 50% of full capacity, while others are accepting every booking for every cabin they can. What about RCI? Are they limiting bookings, and if so to what level?

Edited by Calgon1

5 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Anthem passengers were informed that Christmas week is full capacity.

And yet they are still selling cabins. I suspect "full capacity" in the COVID era is NOT the actual full capacity of the ship, but some random number RCI chooses.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

And yet they are still selling cabins. I suspect "full capacity" in the COVID era is NOT the actual full capacity of the ship, but some random number RCI chooses.

You need to have various cabins left empty that can be used for isolation purposes. Also not sure if crew members are still using guest cabins. Also with COVID situation not getting better, rather worse, even during christmas time I doubt we will see ships sailing at more than 80 to 90% capacity if at all during this time. Would more guess for around 70%, as last minute cancellations due to COVID positive cases etc are also bound to happen etc.

I was on the November 28th cruise for Anthem. While the Hotel Manager (Angel) did state (in two seperate venues...C&A event and Cheers with an Officer event) that Anthem is slowly increasing their capacity over the next 2 - 3 months. However, he did not mention any cruises over that time period being at full capacity (let alone Xmas sailing). He did state that they will be at about 4,000 passengers by mid January for their 12-night cruise season. It is on these longer cruises where they tend to have the highest returning guests populations (Pinnacles and Diamond-Plus).