Live from the Legend!! December 19-26, 2021 with Kmom.

KmomChicago

8 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

We know the feeling!  Two dogs (three til recently 😪), Four ferrets and five turtles (all different subspecies)... but guess what!  It makes the morning of debarkation A JOY!  We are among the first off the ship and first back home to bask in the love of our zoo!

Aawww!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

We know the feeling!  Two dogs (three til recently 😪), Four ferrets and five turtles (all different subspecies)... but guess what!  It makes the morning of debarkation A JOY!  We are among the first off the ship and first back home to bask in the love of our zoo!

20160208_080604.jpg

• Like 5

8 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

oh man, you drive from the Chicago area? How long of a drive is it? We live about 2 hours south of Chicago. We considered it at one point but our kids are just too young and we chose sanity and more money for flights. We will drive to Chicago to fly southwest though! 

11 hours and it’s too long. I’m too old for it. Flying has its issues but we can do paid rides to the airports and then at least it’s more a passive experience rather than being responsible for every minute of the journey yourself as with driving. 

• Like 2

As of late afternoon yesterday we had received only one of our 4 test emails from Doctors Clinical Lab / Center for Covid Control. We called our test site and they got in the system and sent them. They said sometimes when they’re overwhelmed the tests don’t all get emailed out that same day (or maybe ever?)

Perhaps the photo of the handwritten card used at the site is adequate for many of the people using the service. 

We had checked this out online and called ahead and the word was, it’s walk in, just show up. When we arrived they handed us a card and told us to scan the QR code and pre-register and then enter our unique registration number on the card, which is slightly annoying because that could have been mentioned in advance on the website or the phone call and completed before arrival. But the process was fast enough. We actually swabbed our own noses while they watched to make sure it was adequate technique. 

The emailed report looks official but we don’t have paper printouts so I guess we’ll see how they like it at the port today.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

20160208_080604.jpg

I’m sorry for the loss of one of your pups. I volunteer at a local cat rescue and I am giving a sweet old TVNR a lot of attention as he’s FIV positive and basically in hospice care with us. I don’t know his history but he’s very friendly so you wonder if he was once a housecat before ending up with a rough life outside. He’s fighting mouth sores and congestion as you can kind of see here around his nose and mouth. He gets lots of antibiotics and pain meds and squishy food and sponge baths and brushing. He nuzzles me and reaches out to hold me when I step back. 

Every time I leave the rescue I say goodbye to him just in case.

1C579407-BCF3-4FC4-9A43-E31669B1BD81.jpeg

• Like 11

6 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

The emailed report looks official but we don’t have paper printouts so I guess we’ll see how they like it at the port today.

With CVS we get a text with a link to a .pdf of the results.  We screenshot that and don't bother printing anything out.  Worked for our Sep., Oct. and Nov. cruises on Pride and Legend fine.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

I’d totally do it if it were my husband and I or if my kids were older. I actually love driving and it doesn’t bother me a bit. But we have 3 year old twins, the furthest we’ve done in the car is to Kentucky. Florida is a whole different story. 

Yeah, 3 year old twins, I gotcha, soooo not happening 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

11 hours and it’s too long. I’m too old for it. Flying has its issues but we can do paid rides to the airports and then at least it’s more a passive experience rather than being responsible for every minute of the journey yourself as with driving. 

Ohhh my googness !! I know that feeling !! The last real long 'joy' cruise ride  (ha ha ) the wife and I took was a twenty hour one from south Atlanta (where we live) to Miami for a CCL Valor 7 day. Spent half of the first day at ATL airport trying to fly to Miami as employee standby ( I retired from Delta after 30 years) but by 2pm we given up and decided we'd just drive to Miami. Drove from 2ish pm till 9pm stopping at a Dys Inn on I75 S waking up at 4am to drive like a WILD man (day of the cruise) got to Miami in a tropical down pour at 2pm yet another hour to the cruise port made it just about an hour before the ship sailed. The ship's officer who greeted this exhausted, haggered couple with wide eyes said, 'WOW, you two are our last couple'. Too which my wife said 'Never driving this again and I NEED a drink !'.And true to her word, we've never done another 'joy ride that long again.

Mac 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Roscoe13 said:

@IntrepidFromDCnice pic of your ferrets.  They sure are big...prolly a DC thing...

Hoping kmom is ok with the temporary pet pics hijack (kmom, very sad about the cat with feline hiv... we were going to adopt a feral kitten a couple years ago but when it was tested it had feline hiv and since we had other animals we were told it would be too risky)... 

It's impossible to get them all together in one pic except when they're eating or sleeping.  My caption for one of these pics is "I am a French ferret, you may paint me in repose"

20210509_Bleh and Daisy.jpg

20210814_ferrets eating.jpg

20210905_Bleh posing.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Hoping kmom is ok with the temporary pet pics hijack (kmom, very sad about the cat with feline hiv... we were going to adopt a feral kitten a couple years ago but when it was tested it had feline hiv and since we had other animals we were told it would be too risky)... 

It's impossible to get them all together in one pic except when they're eating or sleeping.  My caption for one of these pics is "I am a French ferret, you may paint me in repose"

20210509_Bleh and Daisy.jpg

20210814_ferrets eating.jpg

20210905_Bleh posing.jpg

She can blame the hijack on me as I have attention deficit...whoa, look guys ferrets! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Could you let me know if they are selling dining packages on the legend? I want to buy at least the steakhouse for them one night but if dining package is available, I’m getting that for sure. They get on next week so who knows, you may bump

into them at the port!

Edited by lilchuckie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KmomChicago said:

I don’t mind the pets joining us at all!

Thanks, kmom.  Can't stop thinking about that poor cat.  It's in "hospice" at your house? 

Hopefully Sid will post a pic of his opossum babies and maybe that'll cheer me up.  😁 🏴‍☠️

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, lilchuckie said:

Could you let me know if they are selling dining packages on the legend? I want to buy at least the steakhouse for them one night but if dining package is available, I’m getting that for sure. They get on next week so who knows, you may bump

into them at the port!

Legend wouldn't have the dining package. Available on Vista class ships. Legend doesn't have the venues to go with the Steakhouse, such as Cucina/Italian, JiJis/Asian, etc. Mardi Gras still has multiple venues included.

Edited by mondello
Correction
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Thanks, kmom.  Can't stop thinking about that poor cat.  It's in "hospice" at your house? 

Hopefully Sid will post a pic of his opossum babies and maybe that'll cheer me up.  😁 🏴‍☠️

No he’s not at my house. He’s at a privately run cat rescue shelter near our place where I volunteer regularly. Don’t be too sad for old Mr. Fighter. He has been with us six months and is grateful to be warm and safe and fed well. I’m glad we got the opportunity to give him this love and care. I love him so much.

Edited by KmomChicago
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

What's the gestation period for opossum pregnancies?

Asking for a Sid...

• Haha 4