Canaveral Parking at Terminal 1 For the Harmony

GTO-Girl

5 minutes ago, twangster said:

On Sunday the upper deck was still taking cars at 12:20pm.   One or two spots left 🤣

D310FF86-5BF2-4214-8F16-AFB5FAAB72B1.thumb.jpeg.23154bc5b6d7ecb27014ee10f22a2c8c.jpeg

Pointless...IMHO to park up there.  If you are going to be in the open like that, I would rather (and did) park in the paved parking area right next to the garage (on west side).  No garage ramps or elevators/stairs to deal with.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Pointless...IMHO to park up there.  If you are going to be in the open like that, I would rather (and did) park in the paved parking area right next to the garage (on west side).  No garage ramps or elevators/stairs to deal with.   

Agreed, but it gives a reference to the point they close the garage.  For Thanksgiving they closed the garage just after 10am.  

I suspect there are more fly to cruise guests coming back these days.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

Is that area always open or do they open it when the garage fills up?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, twangster said:

Agreed, but it gives a reference to the point they close the garage.  For Thanksgiving they closed the garage just after 10am.  

I suspect there are more fly to cruise guests coming back these days.  

I think I would probably have to ask the attendant upon entering the garage if the only parking left is on the roof.   Since it is prepay, for me, I would tell him I would rather park in the side lot if I end up on the roof.  They have a toll taker at the side lot as well, guess I could just show him the prepaid receipt.  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, LXdad said:

Is that area always open or do they open it when the garage fills up?

Not sure.  There was an attendant at the entrance to the garage (before you drove up to the pay attendant) that directed me to the side lot.  

I think I would check first to see if anything is left undercover.  

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, island lady said:

Unless you are doing a b2b, because they charge you when you enter the garage but not until you exit the surface lot. 

8 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Unless you are doing a b2b, because they charge you when you enter the garage but not until you exit the surface lot. 

Was not that way when I used the side lot in December.   Machine as I entered, being monitored by an attendant.  I prepaid as I entered the side lot.   There is no exit booth or machine that I know of when you exit the side lot.  I am talking about the paved lot right next to the garage on west side...not the grass lot.  

Maybe that has changed?  

In Ft. Lauderdale last month, I paid as I exited.  

46 minutes ago, island lady said:

Was not that way when I used the side lot in December.   Machine as I entered, being monitored by an attendant.  I prepaid as I entered the side lot.   There is no exit booth or machine that I know of when you exit the side lot.  I am talking about the paved lot right next to the garage on west side...not the grass lot.  

Maybe that has changed?  

Thank you! Super helpful

49 minutes ago, island lady said:

Maybe that has changed?  

When we were on in November, we were directed to the paved lot directly across the access roadway from the entrance to the garage (south side). In that lot, we paid when we exited. It sounds like the lot you were directed to is the one between the garage and the road that goes to fishlips. That one used to be a short term free lot for drop off and pick up.

Can anyone address HC parking in the garage?  We have an 11:30 embarkation time on the Harmony and actually would prefer the surface lot if we can’t get a lower spot in the garage because of the elevator situation. It’s hard enough waiting for elevators in the ship with a wheelchair. No need to add more elevator waits before we get onboard! 

18 minutes ago, denas said:

Can anyone address HC parking in the garage?  We have an 11:30 embarkation time on the Harmony and actually would prefer the surface lot if we can’t get a lower spot in the garage because of the elevator situation. It’s hard enough waiting for elevators in the ship with a wheelchair. No need to add more elevator waits before we get onboard! 

Not sure when your cruise is , we sail April 3rd and I would be happy to take pics of HC parking for you. 

Just now, LXdad said:

Not sure when your cruise is , we sail April 3rd and I would be happy to take pics of HC parking for you. 

We are also on the April 3 cruise!  No matter what we are parking at the port. Just curious where to look to start!!

On 3/15/2022 at 1:06 PM, island lady said:

Your stand by line is exactly that...standing by until your scheduled time.  They had everyone in "cattle gates" that were marked by time slots.  Unless you want to stand there for hours (there is no place to sit)...you could do something like this: 

We got there early to get covered parking, checked our bags with the porters, then up to park in the garage.   Once divested of check in bags, we left our carry on bags in the vehicle, and took a nice long walk around the port area.  Lots of cafes, bars, restaurants, and the visitors tower (Exploration Tower) to check out along the waterfront.   

You could have an early lunch or late breakfast at one of the restaurants if you wanted to.  (Saw a lot of early arriving pax with their carry on bags doing that).   They still were not letting pax when we got back, so we just sat in the vehicle in the garage for a bit while I checked emails.  

That's precisely what I did -- got there at 9:30 am.  The porters start taking luggage around 9 am (maybe as early as 8:30 am).  The Port Canaveral employee kept trying to tell me that I couldn't check in but there was ample parking because we were in the middle of the Omicron surge and the Harmony sailed with about 2,100 or 2,200 passengers.  I just found a space, stayed in my car and completed the safety videos.  I went downstairs and the lines had formed.  As I was in a Crown Loft suite (covers full suites JSs, Pinnacles and Key also), I just got in line near the terminal door.  I had an 11 am check-in time but for our upcoming April 24 Harmony cruise, it's 10:30 so we can get on earlier.  

I guess what I'd like to know is how tight the parking is now (taking into account spring breaks and Easter).  

On 3/15/2022 at 1:10 PM, twangster said:

On Sunday the upper deck was still taking cars at 12:20pm.   One or two spots left 🤣

D310FF86-5BF2-4214-8F16-AFB5FAAB72B1.thumb.jpeg.23154bc5b6d7ecb27014ee10f22a2c8c.jpeg

Thanks for posting -- good to know -- we'll be arriving around 9 am to 9:30 am on 4-24 so we should be good.  🤞

On 3/15/2022 at 1:17 PM, island lady said:

One advantage of parking on the top deck, I think it would be easier to have a porter take your luggage to the car.  I was worried about this when I cruised solo in January but I got a good space as per my earlier post.  And although Chuck's shoulder is improving, I would much rather have a porter take us to the car even on the roof deck.  

• Like 1

On 3/15/2022 at 1:10 PM, twangster said:

We are always on the Starboard side (Unless the ship pulls in bow first) and I always watch the top deck.  On my 1-16-2022 HM cruise, that deck only had 3 or 4 cars but as I posted earlier that was at the peak of the Omicron surge.  

18 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

One advantage of parking on the top deck, I think it would be easier to have a porter take your luggage to the car.  I was worried about this when I cruised solo in January but I got a good space as per my earlier post.  And although Chuck's shoulder is improving, I would much rather have a porter take us to the car even on the roof deck.  

Sherri...it was very easy to simply roll the luggage to the lot right next door.  Faster than the elevator loading.  Either way...hope all goes well on your next parking adventure.  😉