Omicron - anyone canceling an upcoming cruise?

kj_connections

1 hour ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

I feel the same way. Rushed to make a decision. I need to make a change by Monday. I hate it. This is supposed to be the fun part ,planning and booking. 
MSCdivina2016 do you know if we can move the cruise a 2nd time?

I can move to March but may have to move again.

I doubt you can get an absolute answer on that. One agent told me she thinks a second move may incur and fee, but she wasn't sure and didn't know the cost. The agent I spoke to today said no fee for second move. So, who can we believe?  I also just noted another poster stated that the policy said "one free move."  So, I think the first agent was technically correct as I also recall reading that.  Just once.  

Edited by Markanddonna
  • Like 1

Yes I’ve seen one free move if you are fantastica but if you move the cruise as fantastica and stay in that same category you would think you could move it again. But what do I know?

Looking for the experts…Boy hard to figure it out.

Sometimes I feel it would be better to take the loss. Cant be this much work..

1 minute ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Yes I’ve seen one free move if you are fantastica but if you move the cruise as fantastica and stay in that same category you would think you could move it again. But what do I know?

Looking for the experts…Boy hard to figure it out.

Sometimes I feel it would be better to take the loss. Cant be this much work..

Hmm...wouldn't the 48 hour move be one move.....then next move with the fantastica?  Even without worrying about the two 48 hour moves?

Just called MSC to move my 1/16 Meraviglia cruise to 1/2023. We finally decided on something and were about to confirm the change when he said he wasn’t able to because of the glitch. I wasn’t too surprised because I checked this thread before calling so I knew others experienced it as well. He also said that it should be fixed by the end of the week but that I could call on Thursday if I was concerned about booking before the 48 hour period ended (I am).

In case anyone was following my posts on the other thread (I’ll update there once this is all resolved), our guarantee cabin was assigned and it was one cabin instead of the two it was supposed to be. He was able to find two double occupancy connecting cabins (at a higher price of course) so that’s why we weren’t able to cancel for a refund. I’ll call them again on Thursday. This rep (I believe his name was Samir) was the most helpful and he said he put all of the details in the notes (the fact that I called before the deadline, the rooms we wanted, price, etc) so I’m hoping this all works out. We did lose the $150 OBC we had because apparently it couldn’t be applied to this sailing, nor could the 15+5 discount or All In promo. I’ll ask about those again when I call later this week.

• Like 1

My current plan would be to flex change our cruise to next year for an interior room which is about the same price as our current balcony. I’m not giving them any more money. Wait and see down the road if they let me upgrade back to a balcony include perks or whatever. This way we don’t take a total loss or get screwed with 2 x the price. Unless I’m missing something. Maybe things will settle down by then. 
Bad enough we will lose all our perks.

One question if I move a cruise can I get cruise insurance because it is a different cruise?

Trying all options here.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

My current plan would be to flex change our cruise to next year for an interior room which is about the same price as our current balcony. I’m not giving them any more money. Wait and see down the road if they let me upgrade back to a balcony include perks or whatever. This way we don’t take a total loss or get screwed with 2 x the price. Unless I’m missing something. Maybe things will settle down by then. 
Bad enough we will lose all our perks.

One question if I move a cruise can I get cruise insurance because it is a different cruise?

Trying all options here.

I called again this morning. The cruise move option to a 2023 sailing is STILL not working. I am running out of time in two days!  So frustrating.

Edited by Markanddonna

55 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Unless I’m missing something. Maybe things will settle down by then. 

We really hope so.......I still remember 2 years ago the line about "15 days to flatten the curve"......gosh, that felt like so long ago and but at the same time not much has changed since in many ways we're still stuck where we are...and not covid free :(.....when will this coro-plucking-na go away?!!?!

I guess everyone's hope now is next 1000 types of variants will be less and less viruent and infectious going forward.  I cannot even imagine what'll happen if we get super omicron that's like 20% fatal and just as infectious as the next variant.....🥴

Edited by FrostyJoe

Just got this text message....Looks like MSC isn't offering full refund like it did for this week's sailing:

Important Message from MSC Cruises. With the recent surge of the Omicron variant, our ships are seeing a limited number of guests and crew testing positive. In addition, some Caribbean ports are reviewing their protocols, and in some cases, not clearing cruise ships for entry, which may cause changes to your itinerary with very short notice. We appreciate you need to make the best decision for you and those in your party. We remind you that Cruise With Confidence allows for flexible booking changes up to 48 hours prior to your cruise. Should you prefer to reschedule your vacation, you may call us at 1-866-420-3584 and we will help you find a new cruise. Click here for more information: https://rb.gy/rsjqra 

Edited by FrostyJoe
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, FrostyJoe said:

Just got this text message....Looks like MSC isn't offering full refund like it did for this week's sailing:

Important Message from MSC Cruises. With the recent surge of the Omicron variant, our ships are seeing a limited number of guests and crew testing positive. In addition, some Caribbean ports are reviewing their protocols, and in some cases, not clearing cruise ships for entry, which may cause changes to your itinerary with very short notice. We appreciate you need to make the best decision for you and those in your party. We remind you that Cruise With Confidence allows for flexible booking changes up to 48 hours prior to your cruise. Should you prefer to reschedule your vacation, you may call us at 1-866-420-3584 and we will help you find a new cruise. Click here for more information: https://rb.gy/rsjqra 

Maybe that is actually a good sign? 

28 minutes ago, Fredric22 said:

Maybe that is actually a good sign? 

Probably...I mean with pre-board testing immediately before boarding, I can't imagine they'll have any big outbreak especially with short cruises.  Still a yellow on CDC color status though..

15 minutes ago, Markanddonna said:

I think with MSC's latest protocol for testing, they will eliminate any covid cases on their records. Also, testing at the port before check-in is a very good idea.

True for pax for shorter cruises....but i doubt total elimination for the longer cruise since the tests aren't really 100%.....   And omicron will just have to run its course through the crew (along with rest of us land side) before we get a new variant of concern taking over....& repeat....blah covid go away!

14 minutes ago, FrostyJoe said:

True for pax for shorter cruises....but i doubt total elimination for the longer cruise since the tests aren't really 100%.....   And omicron will just have to run its course through the crew (along with rest of us land side) before we get a new variant of concern taking over....& repeat....blah covid go away!

Absolutely. The longer cruises like ours will be more problematic and you know they will eliminate the same POC we are to go to. And then substitute Mexican ports.

21 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Styles27 you mean Nov 13 not 12 th correct…

When we booked it was the 12th now it’s been moved to the 13th but it’s not even showing on MSC’s site so who knows at this point. Lol

This is from the paperwork I received a couple of weeks ago when we moved our Jan cruise to Nov 12th

A4CB4986-1FE7-4105-BE8A-EB35BCD1AE2D.jpeg.4392492d4eceef91bd66c250fd6a273a.jpeg

Edited by styles27

13 minutes ago, styles27 said:

When we booked it was the 12th now it’s been moved to the 13th but it’s not even showing on MSC’s site so who knows at this point. Lol

This is from the paperwork I received a couple of weeks ago when we moved our Jan cruise to Nov 12th

A4CB4986-1FE7-4105-BE8A-EB35BCD1AE2D.jpeg.4392492d4eceef91bd66c250fd6a273a.jpeg

I just looked and it is on there now listed as sailing on Nov. 13th 

Day 1 Sunday, Nov 13 2022 Port: Miami, Florida Arrival: - Departure: 05:00 PM
Day 2 Monday, Nov 14 2022 Port: Ocean Cay, MSC Marine Res,Baha Arrival: 07:00 AM Departure: 04:00 PM
Day 3 Tuesday, Nov 15 2022 Port: At sea Arrival: - Departure: -
Day 4 Wednesday, Nov 16 2022 Port: San Juan, Puerto Rico Arrival: 05:00 PM Departure: -
Day 5 Thursday, Nov 17 2022 Port: San Juan, Puerto Rico Arrival: - Departure: 01:00 AM
Day 5 Thursday, Nov 17 2022 Port: Charlotte Amalie,Virgin Island Arrival: 07:00 AM Departure: 02:00 PM
Day 6 Friday, Nov 18 2022 Port: Puerto Plata, Dominican Rep. Arrival: 10:00 AM Departure: 06:00 PM
Day 7 Saturday, Nov 19 2022 Port: At sea Arrival: - Departure: -
Day 8 Sunday, Nov 20 2022 Port: Miami, Florida Arrival: 07:00 AM Departure: -
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I just looked and it is on there now listed as sailing on Nov. 13th 

Day 1 Sunday, Nov 13 2022 Port: Miami, Florida Arrival: - Departure: 05:00 PM
Day 2 Monday, Nov 14 2022 Port: Ocean Cay, MSC Marine Res,Baha Arrival: 07:00 AM Departure: 04:00 PM
Day 3 Tuesday, Nov 15 2022 Port: At sea Arrival: - Departure: -
Day 4 Wednesday, Nov 16 2022 Port: San Juan, Puerto Rico Arrival: 05:00 PM Departure: -
Day 5 Thursday, Nov 17 2022 Port: San Juan, Puerto Rico Arrival: - Departure: 01:00 AM
Day 5 Thursday, Nov 17 2022 Port: Charlotte Amalie,Virgin Island Arrival: 07:00 AM Departure: 02:00 PM
Day 6 Friday, Nov 18 2022 Port: Puerto Plata, Dominican Rep. Arrival: 10:00 AM Departure: 06:00 PM
Day 7 Saturday, Nov 19 2022 Port: At sea Arrival: - Departure: -
Day 8 Sunday, Nov 20 2022 Port: Miami, Florida Arrival: 07:00 AM Departure: -

Thank you! That wasn’t there yesterday lol

I like the original itinerary better. San Juan from 5pm to 1am?! I mean why bother? Also not a fan of DR so we will definitely be cancelling this one. 

56 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Thank you! That wasn’t there yesterday lol

I like the original itinerary better. San Juan from 5pm to 1am?! I mean why bother? Also not a fan of DR so we will definitely be cancelling this one. 

They just put it on this morning. I keep checking the website everyday because I want a cruise in winter 2023 with the drink package.  Still waiting for them to put the drink packages on.

• Like 1

Shaking my head... been on the phone for 45+ minutes with a MSC rep who knows less than 20% than I do about ... well, pretty much everything MSC related.  So, reaching out to all of you for clearance:

If we cancel our upcoming cruise due to Covid do I need to re-book something asap or will we get an FCC that we can apply once the dust settles.   Seriously, MSC should be ashamed to put some of these people on the phone who have literally NO IDEA what they are talking about.  (To be clear, she said that we should have Yacht Club Discounts for being Diamond Club members -- I mean, WTH?)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

Shaking my head... been on the phone for 45+ minutes with a MSC rep who knows less than 20% than I do about ... well, pretty much everything MSC related.  So, reaching out to all of you for clearance:

If we cancel our upcoming cruise due to Covid do I need to re-book something asap or will we get an FCC that we can apply once the dust settles.   Seriously, MSC should be ashamed to put some of these people on the phone who have literally NO IDEA what they are talking about.  (To be clear, she said that we should have Yacht Club Discounts for being Diamond Club members -- I mean, WTH?)

You have to have something ready to rebook.  No issuing of FCC or refunds for Cruise Flex. This is why I am ticked off, they just this morning put on the 14 day cruises which I have been waiting for since we have one booked now but they do not have any drink packages or any incentives with the new winter schedule

Edited by ready2cruzagain

39 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

You need another cruise now. You keep the same booking number

We will call one more time tomorrow with the same questions and see if we can talk to a supervisor who was supposed to call by today. Nope!

MSC has raised there prices knowing that people want to flex and include no perks.I also see the promo where you got OBC, WIFI and 5%+15% together is gone.

I am infiriorated with MSC screwing customers like this. Also having Customer Reps on the line answering calls and giving you No concrete info. How can you make a decision?

We may cut our losses and our time and just bail.

Never ever again for us with MSC. First and last…

Edited by cheeseheads4ever