Vision of the Seas and Royal Up

hlfrps

We received a royal up offer for upcoming February Vision cruise. Trying to figure out grand /owner suite benefits   We are diamond plus so some are already given and minimum bids are $600 pp  Info on benefits are very limited. We currently have aft corner cabin deck 7.

now our $700 pp for royal suite on odyssey was fantastic, included all pay restaurants, all beverage packages and all on board activities and our own genie.   Just doesn’t add up between the two ships

thoughts?

I have zero experience with the "Royal Up" process. I lovingly recall the days of old where loyal customers were granted the occasional unexpected and beloved upgrade...That being said, did they just email you with the invitation? We are on the Feb 14 Vision sailing and didn't get an invite (am in Junior Suite and am D+). Not sure it would be worth the $1200 total on Vision Class either...Let us know what you decide.

1 hour ago, hlfrps said:

We received a royal up offer for upcoming February Vision cruise. Trying to figure out grand /owner suite benefits   We are diamond plus so some are already given and minimum bids are $600 pp  Info on benefits are very limited. We currently have aft corner cabin deck 7.

now our $700 pp for royal suite on odyssey was fantastic, included all pay restaurants, all beverage packages and all on board activities and our own genie.   Just doesn’t add up between the two ships

thoughts?

I Wouldn't give up my Aft/Corner, doing it on the Vision TA this April. Love my Sunrises, dont Drink and as you said limited other Benefits on this Ship...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skydawg said:

I have zero experience with the "Royal Up" process. I lovingly recall the days of old where loyal customers were granted the occasional unexpected and beloved upgrade...That being said, did they just email you with the invitation? We are on the Feb 14 Vision sailing and didn't get an invite (am in Junior Suite and am D+). Not sure it would be worth the $1200 total on Vision Class either...Let us know what you decide.

We're on this one too! Looking forward to getting on a ship again.

There is no reason to pay that much to upgrade on a Vision class ship. :classic_smile: You won't get anything except a larger stateroom and access to their small suite lounge. No meals, no beverage package, no internet. Not worth it. The Owner's suite has a bidet. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Coralc said:

There is no reason to pay that much to upgrade on a Vision class ship. :classic_smile: You won't get anything except a larger stateroom and access to their small suite lounge. No meals, no beverage package, no internet. Not worth it. The Owner's suite has a bidet. :classic_biggrin:

never used a bidet but for the upgrade minimum bid could we not  buy one 😁  ?

SKYDAWG, we did get an email invitation.

I work hard striving to book early to obtain our aft corner cabins so I think we will stay put.  I don't think we will ever be able to match our Odyssey experience.  

Thanks everyone for the reinforcement.

3 hours ago, hlfrps said:

never used a bidet but for the upgrade minimum bid could we not  buy one 😁  ?

I've never used one either, but I have always been curious about bidets. We had one in Rome, and I kept looking at it. I'm not quite sure how you are supposed to get from the toilet to the bidet.  I will have to Google. And I agree. I think for $1200; you could buy one to have at home. LOL. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc

On 12/17/2021 at 7:52 AM, Biker19 said:

Royal Up offers can come via email but you can go the site directly to bid. 

What site?  Is there a specific site for RoyalUp?  We’re in a family ocean view on the 1/29/22 sailing of Jewel of the Seas.   I’m just a lowly Platinum but my family and I would definitely be interested in going to a GS or above.  

1 hour ago, Sosai X said:

What site?  Is there a specific site for RoyalUp?  We’re in a family ocean view on the 1/29/22 sailing of Jewel of the Seas.   I’m just a lowly Platinum but my family and I would definitely be interested in going to a GS or above.  

You can see if your sailing is eligible: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sosai X said:

Are you a family sailing on Jewel? If you have one of the Family Ocean View cabins I would keep it over a GS. The additional curtained off bunkbed area is great if sailing with kids. We've had extended family (with kids) in the #8500 on two different cruises and they loved this cabin.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Are you a family sailing on Jewel? If you have one of the Family Ocean View cabins I would keep it over a GS. The additional curtained off bunkbed area is great if sailing with kids. We've had extended family (with kids) in the #8500 on two different cruises and they loved this cabin.

We are, but the Royal Up offer we had was for a 2 bedroom, 2 bath oceanview suite.  Do you know if those suites (on deck 10, cabin 1054 I believe) come with the free internet amenity?  If so, that's what would be the dealmaker for us; our two kids are avid streamers and having streaming internet would be a huge perk, but not one we're willing to pay their going rate for - it would be well over $550 just for that alone.  

42 minutes ago, Sosai X said:

We are, but the Royal Up offer we had was for a 2 bedroom, 2 bath oceanview suite.  Do you know if those suites (on deck 10, cabin 1054 I believe) come with the free internet amenity?  If so, that's what would be the dealmaker for us; our two kids are avid streamers and having streaming internet would be a huge perk, but not one we're willing to pay their going rate for - it would be well over $550 just for that alone.  

Our extended family has that #1054 suite (the old CL) booked for Sept 2022 on Serenade.

The internet amenity is only on Oasis & Quantum class ships.

Edited by Ashland
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

Our extended family has that #1054 suite (the old CL) booked for Sept 2022 on Serenade.

The internet amenity is only on Oasis & Quantum class ships.

Well, s@#t.   

We just bid $800 for the upgrade; now of course, the waived fees for room service and free in-room dining might still be worth that, but the clincher was the internet.  Damn, having a suite on Harmony two years ago really spoiled me!

• Haha 1