Move up questions

Islandbuoy

If you booked through a TA, there have been posts where people have contacted their TA and moved to a different room in the same category.  Though this is supposedly not permitted by the move up process, so ymmv. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pooh/tigger said:

If your offer is accepted, do we lose the Drinks, wifi and tip promotion that we booked?

Thank you

No, you keep what you had.  If you move to a suite, you add access to suite venues (e.g., Luminae) but don't get automatically bumped to higher internet, drinks, etc that comes with the suite if you had lower surf, classic, etc. packages, and you'll pay slightly more per day for tips.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, canderson said:

No, you keep what you had.  If you move to a suite, you add access to suite venues (e.g., Luminae) but don't get automatically bumped to higher internet, drinks, etc that comes with the suite if you had lower surf, classic, etc. packages, and you'll pay slightly more per day for tips.

This is a very important point.  Many people don't realize this, and end up bidding more for a suite, thinking they get all those perks, than they would have had they originally booked that same suite (and had they done that, they would in fact get those perks).

• Like 1

We booked a Celebrity Suite for Jan 16th Edge... the move up minimums are:

Royal Suite  - $1,400 pp

Edge Villa  -  $2,500 pp

Penthouse  -  $6,000 pp

Iconic  -         $7,000 pp

I think we will wait til we sail to try and upgrade

1 hour ago, as3369 said:

Royal Suite  - $1,400 pp

Edge Villa  -  $2,500 pp

Penthouse  -  $6,000 pp

What's the process to do this? Do you ask when you check-in and is it usually at a better rate? Thanks!

4 hours ago, as3369 said:

Royal Suite  - $1,400 pp

Edge Villa  -  $2,500 pp

Penthouse  -  $6,000 pp

Interesting in July we were in sky and went to penthouse for 4,000 pp, for extra perks I would think about royal.

I bid a few days ago on upgrades from from our Concierge to a suite.  Placed a couple of bids, one of which expired (not accepted) the other is still pending.  I would like to modify my pending bid which is allowed but I am unsure of how to go about this.  It doesn't seem clear on the X website.  Any help is appreciated.

3 minutes ago, stones902 said:

I bid a few days ago on upgrades from from our Concierge to a suite.  Placed a couple of bids, one of which expired (not accepted) the other is still pending.  I would like to modify my pending bid which is allowed but I am unsure of how to go about this.  It doesn't seem clear on the X website.  Any help is appreciated.

Go to the move up site where it shows your bids.  If you see a cancel or modify button, you can click on the modify button and change your bid.  However I am going to assume, based on your saying one is expired, you are at the stage where you cannot make changes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stones902 said:

Did you log into your account & attempt to modify?  If one is rejected and one is pending, most time your first notification will come through your credit card company, sometimes a day or two before you are notified from Celebrity

30 minutes ago, as3369 said:

The only thing with Royal on the Edge is that the balcony is only 72 sq ft.. and that bothers me

I was surprised on now small suite balconies were on edge even penthouse wasn’t that big , love the balcony on Royal class on millennium class.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, George C said:

I was surprised on now small suite balconies were on edge even penthouse wasn’t that big , love the balcony on Royal class on millennium class.

It is definitely perplexing... have you ever stayed in the suites on Edge Class?

4 hours ago, dkny330 said:

What's the process to do this? Do you ask when you check-in and is it usually at a better rate? Thanks!

We were on the Celebrity Flora (Galapagos) and our cruising friends asked to see the available upgrades once on board.  They saw the Royal Suite and Penthouse suite.  They negotiated $2,500 pp for Penthouse Suite with the Hotel Director.  precruise price was $19k pp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, as3369 said:

The only thing with Royal on the Edge is that the balcony is only 72 sq ft.. and that bothers me

Between some of the dinky suite verandas and the 'infinite un-veranda', I'm becoming less and less interested in sailing on an Edge class ship at a higher price.

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

Between some of the dinky suite verandas and the 'infinite un-veranda', I'm becoming less and less interested in sailing on an Edge class ship at a higher price.

Definitely wouldn't book the Edge Class unless I could reserve at least a Sunset Veranda... I'm not a fan of the IVs

3 hours ago, as3369 said:

It is definitely perplexing... have you ever stayed in the suites on Edge Class?

We upgraded from sky to penthouse on our July edge cruise, very long but narrow balcony with no real outdoor space , other than that a amazing suite . I just booked a aft sky suite on beyond for November got a great deal on a aft corner sky suite, large balcony.

11 hours ago, as3369 said:

We had a Royal Suite on Apex. Yes the balcony is small v other classes of ship but the cabin was stunning as were the extra perks. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, as3369 said:

We were on the Celebrity Flora (Galapagos) and our cruising friends asked to see the available upgrades once on board.  They saw the Royal Suite and Penthouse suite.  They negotiated $2,500 pp for Penthouse Suite with the Hotel Director.  precruise price was $19k pp

anyone else get an upgrade after boarding? Who do we ask about possibles?