experience with refunds/FCC

Borat

Hi everyone. I just cancelled my 12/31 Symphony cruise which was booked with some old FCC and also new $ ontop of that. The royal representative told me the whole amount would be sent back to my CC. I asked about the FCC and she said all of it, not just the new $ portion. Is that a mistake or is royal getting tired of the continuous loop of FCC’s? I guess I’ll find out soon, but just curious what to expect.

Jordan

1 minute ago, erinsmom03 said:

Wow, that's hard to believe, but good to hear! Still on the fence for our Jan 3rd cruise

Getting cash back for an FCC booked sailing is probably easier than getting a refund in the first place - the default is another FCC. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You should get a refund of whatever was paid in either cash or FCC. 

It makes sense to me they would refund the cash portion, but I’m surprised (happily) to get the FCC portion back to my credit card as well

10 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

RCI is being generous, short term. 

I’m cruising on the symphony 1/29/22 if I cancel now will I get my money back to my cc or will it be a FCC?

Im not interested in a FCC since I don’t see my sailing on RCL.

I have paid my cruise in full but my final payment wasn’t due till 12/29/21.

TIA

1 minute ago, Maitaivegas said:

I’m cruising on the symphony 1/29/22 if I cancel now will I get my money back to my cc or will it be a FCC?

Im not interested in a FCC since I don’t see my sailing on RCL.

I have paid my cruise in full but my final payment wasn’t due till 12/29/21.

TIA

Did your pay this cruise in FCC or credit card? Though it seems either way they are sending back to CC these days apparently. I’ll believe it when I see it but that’s what I was told 

Certainly policies can change but when I cancelled our 10/31 Harmony cruise, which was partially paid for using $1500 in FCC, from three prior cancelled cruises, the $1500 was reissued as an FCC. I received a credit to my credit card for only the amount I paid in cash.

No big deal for me, I just applied the $1500 to a future cruise. 

This cancellation was due to an itinerary change by Royal, not under CWC. 

mac_tlc

25 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Certainly policies can change but when I cancelled our 10/31 Harmony cruise, which was partially paid for using $1500 in FCC, from three prior cancelled cruises, the $1500 was reissued as an FCC. I received a credit to my credit card for only the amount I paid in cash.

No big deal for me, I just applied the $1500 to a future cruise. 

This cancellation was due to an itinerary change by Royal, not under CWC. 

mac_tlc

Do your recall about how long it took to receive the refund? They told me 30-40 days but I know some people who recvd in 48 hours 

One of the couples cruising with us on the Odyssey 1/29/2022 cancelled this week.  They had to take a FCC for their deposit.  They were told that if the mask mandate extended to 1/29/2022, they could have gotten a refund in cash for their deposit

Pat

13 hours ago, Borat said:

Hi everyone. I just cancelled my 12/31 Symphony cruise which was booked with some old FCC and also new $ ontop of that. The royal representative told me the whole amount would be sent back to my CC. I asked about the FCC and she said all of it, not just the new $ portion. Is that a mistake or is royal getting tired of the continuous loop of FCC’s? I guess I’ll find out soon, but just curious what to expect.

Jordan

Curious as why you cancelled?  Was it covid related or the new health protocols.  No judgement, we may be in a similiar situation.

12 hours ago, Borat said:

Do your recall about how long it took to receive the refund? They told me 30-40 days but I know some people who recvd in 48 hours 

Don't hold your breath.  royal cancelled a cruise in July for me.  I finally got my last refund on /december 9th.

17 hours ago, Borat said:

It arrived in pieces. Most of it was within 9 days. The last piece took a few calls and was about 40 days.