How much of a pain is it to take luggage to Covid testing? (Miami)

CarolinaMamma

Having read previous posts about people testing positive at the pier and having to wait 5-7 hours for their luggage to be retrieved, I’m wondering if we should wait to check our luggage until AFTER being tested.  

I’ve not been to the new terminal in Miami and have no idea how far away the testing site is from the luggage drop-off. Each of us will have a medium-sized rolling suitcase and a small backpack. We have a 9-9:30 arrival time.

Can anyone who has sailed out of the new terminal in Miami comment on whether you think we could manage bringing our luggage with us to testing? 

I was just there and checked in on the 12th.   When you get there, bypass the porters and get into the line going toward the back righthand side of the building.  That's the covid testing line.  No problem taking luggage there.   When you test, you come out the side door that you bypassed and wrap around to the front of the building to enter the terminal.  When you get out of that side door, just walk back to the porters and give them the luggage, then go into the front of the building.  You'll have your covid negative wrist bands so you should be good.  It would be quite easy.

ETA:  Make sure you each have a printed (or electronic) copy of the covid testing barcode from the CVS website.  Everyone must have their OWN document.  There is a link to it when they send you the email from CVS.   Otherwise, you have to wait.

Edited by melodyesch
added info
  • Thanks 4

On 12/27/2021 at 3:36 PM, melodyesch said:

I was just there and checked in on the 12th.   When you get there, bypass the porters and get into the line going toward the back righthand side of the building.  That's the covid testing line.  No problem taking luggage there.   When you test, you come out the side door that you bypassed and wrap around to the front of the building to enter the terminal.  When you get out of that side door, just walk back to the porters and give them the luggage, then go into the front of the building.  You'll have your covid negative wrist bands so you should be good.  It would be quite easy.

ETA:  Make sure you each have a printed (or electronic) copy of the covid testing barcode from the CVS website.  Everyone must have their OWN document.  There is a link to it when they send you the email from CVS.   Otherwise, you have to wait.

Thank you for this information, however this is the first I am hearing about a barcode from cvs. I was under the impression we just had to show our vaccine card. How do you get the barcode? Also the same question about having a photo. Where do we get them from. Sorry this is very confusing to me. Thank you for any help you can provide. We are sailing 1/29/22 on Escape. 

6 hours ago, usahawk1 said:

Thank you for this information, however this is the first I am hearing about a barcode from cvs. I was under the impression we just had to show our vaccine card. How do you get the barcode? Also the same question about having a photo. Where do we get them from. Sorry this is very confusing to me. Thank you for any help you can provide. We are sailing 1/29/22 on Escape. 

At 21 days prior to your sail date (and MUST be completed by 3 days prior), you need to log into your NCL account and select CHECK IN. (They will send an email on that day).

Here is a list of what needs to be completed in your CHECK IN:   

*** COMPLETE each section for each guest in stateroom!

1) Personal Information

2) Contact Information (somebody not cruising with you)

3) Proof of citizenship (PASSPORTS with VALID DATES!!!)

4) Travel Information (FLIGHTS or other transportation info)

5) Vacation Add-ons (you do not need to purchase any of these if unwanted)

6) Onboard Payment Options (Credit Cards or Cash)

7) A: Upload your photo  B: Enter your phone numbers and emails for validation - - CVS link will be sent for completion by EACH PASSENGER.  You should get an email (and/or text).

Complete all of the info required by CVS, which will generate a barcode for your COVID-19 Test that will be done at the pier.  (Printing and taking a copy of the CVS barcode, for each passenger, is suggested).  NEXT: Watch the lifeboat drill video! 

8)Verify that you have READ & UNDERSTAND the Guest Ticket Contract!

You should get an Email from NCL when your E-DOCS are ready to be printed.

And, if you need to print luggage tags, there is a small "Suitcase" icon to click within the E-docs, which will take you to your luggage tag (print as needed).

Edited by ggTexasGal
corrections & added info
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

At 21 days prior to your sail date (and MUST be completed by 3 days prior), you need to log into your NCL account and select CHECK IN. (They will send an email on that day).

Here is a list of what needs to be completed in your CHECK IN:   

*** COMPLETE each section for each guest in stateroom!

1) Personal Information

2) Contact Information (somebody not cruising with you)

3) Proof of citizenship (PASSPORTS with VALID DATES!!!)

4) Travel Information (FLIGHTS or other transportation info)

5) Vacation Add-ons (you do not need to purchase any of these if unwanted)

6) Onboard Payment Options (Credit Cards or Cash)

7) A: Upload your photo  B: Enter your phone numbers and emails for validation - - CVS link will be sent for completion by EACH PASSENGER.  You should get an email (and/or text).

Complete all of the info required by CVS, which will generate a barcode for your COVID-19 Test that will be done at the pier.  (Printing and taking a copy of the CVS barcode, for each passenger, is suggested).  NEXT: Watch the lifeboat drill video! 

8)Verify that you have READ & UNDERSTAND the Guest Ticket Contract!

You should get an Email from NCL when your E-DOCS are ready to be printed.

And, if you need to print luggage tags, there is a small "Suitcase" icon to click within the E-docs, which will take you to your luggage tag (print as needed).

Thank you!  Very helpful to read in advance. 

• Like 1

This is a great idea...carry your luggage on the ship...if you can. If you test positive, you won't have to wait to have your luggage retrieved. 

Very helpful...and, yes, it works. Just boarded, although I only had a 24" bag, medium-sized checked bag. I did see folks with full sized bags tho.