Apex Chef’s Table

PAGA

When we’ve participated in past Chef’s Table experiences on Royal Caribbean, it was 1 large “community table” for all participants. Is Celebrity (specifically Apex if anyone has recent experience) making any social distancing precautions at this time with the Chef’s Table (e.g., individual tables by party)? How many guests are max capacity for the Apex Chef’s Table experience? 

• 1 month later...

My experience  is on the Edge where the Chef’s Table is in an intimate  dining room off the entrance of Fine Cuts where I think it will also be on the Apex.   There is one large dining table for I think 12 people (could be 10 or 14, I can’t remember).   To provide separate tables (social distance) they would have to use a different private location which is doubtful.  I don’t think they would simply move it into a restaurant because listening to the sommelier would be disruptive to the others.    We have enjoyed some Chef’s Table experiences more than others.  As has been  mentioned on other threads,  your fellow participants can make or break the evening!  

Mark.Jules-

I got an email about booking the Chefs Table on my March 5 Apex cruise and by the time I answered it the option in my Planner under Dining was already gone. With such a limited attendance, it goes really fast. A few later, I got another email about it for my February 26 Apex trip (B2B trip), and jumped on it and got my reservation in.

if you’re not seeing it in your Planner, it’s probably already booked up. In that case, wait until you’re on board and go to your dining room wait station and enquire. There might be cancellations. Good luck!

It’s worth researching this topic on these forums before you book.

We did a wine pairing class and when we saw our fellow guests we had reservations but continued anyway in the hope that others would join.

No one did.

We saw some people come to the venue, see who was there, then leave. They were sensible, we were not and were out of pocket after having spent the most awful few hours ever.

Having read other posts about the Chef’s Table (I’ve always wanted to do it) and seeing how it can be very hit and miss I’ve decided to give it a miss until I cruise with a group of friends.

You may be lucky, but if you’re not it could be an awful experience with amazing food!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TN Vol Fan said:

Mark.Jules-

I got an email about booking the Chefs Table on my March 5 Apex cruise and by the time I answered it the option in my Planner under Dining was already gone. With such a limited attendance, it goes really fast. A few later, I got another email about it for my February 26 Apex trip (B2B trip), and jumped on it and got my reservation in.

if you’re not seeing it in your Planner, it’s probably already booked up. In that case, wait until you’re on board and go to your dining room wait station and enquire. There might be cancellations. Good luck!

Thank you very much, I will see what happens once we board.

• 7 months later...
On 1/30/2022 at 2:37 PM, Mark.Jules said:

Thank you very much, I will see what happens once we board.

How was it?  Also how is the wine pairing handled if you you have the classic beverage package?  How much is the pairing if you don't have a beverage package?

We did the Chef's Table on the Apex last fall. Yes, it was one large community table, but personally, I really enjoyed the mix of people. It's just one meal - if you don't like the people you're with, laugh and enjoy the uniqueness and the meal, then get on with the rest of your life!

The meal and wine pairings were excellent. If you enjoy traveling to experience the restaurants of top chefs, you should enjoy this, and most likely at a much better price than other Michelin starred opportunities. We found it to be well worth the splurge.

The only issue I had was that they gave us a book from the chef at the end of the meal that seemed to weigh 20 lbs! I returned it because my luggage would be so overweight!

I also must add - while on the Apex, be sure to also make a dinner reservation at Eden. It was amazing!

We did the chef's table on the RC Oasis of the Seas.  It was truly a waste for us.  Food wasn't good- and we did get wine with each course- but we could have ordered wine with our dinner and some of the wine wasn't for me or my DH.  We will stick to booking sp restaurants for a fine dining experience in the future.

Edited by Cruise a holic

On 1/30/2022 at 12:43 AM, DSJ28 said:

Following. 

We booked Chef's table on Apex in March - very interested in responses. 

This is an overdue follow up ...Our Chef's table was cancelled - no reason given. 

We were disappointed with how it was handled because initially, the experience was rescheduled from Day 1 to Day 2 with no notice until we arrived for dinner. We arrived and actually waited about 5 minutes before we were told the CT was moved to Day 2. This was unfortunate because we left another event to be at Chef's table on time.  The staff also did nothing to help us make reservations elsewhere for the evening - which would have been a nice gesture. 

On Day 2, we received an automated call informing us that the Chef's table was cancelled, so we didn't have an opportunity to ask the reason for cancelation. This was a March 2022 cruise, and I believe the ship was only at 50% capacity or so. I imagine the cancelation was because there were not enough participants. I'll try again in future.