Help - Kentucky Summer

FPP777

OK, so this is not the most important thing at the moment,  at least its not covid or covid testing related.

Back in October I was on the Allure. I had drink called the Kentucky Summer on the Rising Tide bar. I am looking for exact ingredients and measures for this drink as I would like to duplicate it at home. It was very tasty if you like bourbon.

If anyone sees it on a drink menu, can you ask the bartender for the info? I would appreciate it. I am sure they serve it most ships, most bars.

Thanks

5 minutes ago, FPP777 said:

OK, so this is not the most important thing at the moment,  at least its not covid or covid testing related.

Back in October I was on the Allure. I had drink called the Kentucky Summer on the Rising Tide bar. I am looking for exact ingredients and measures for this drink as I would like to duplicate it at home. It was very tasty if you like bourbon.

If anyone sees it on a drink menu, can you ask the bartender for the info? I would appreciate it. I am sure they serve it most ships, most bars.

Thanks

Did you google it?  I just looked and there are a few recipes out there with bourbon, maraschino cherry juice and simple syrup.  Does that sound like the one?

9 minutes ago, FPP777 said:

Thanks

Here's the Kentucky Summer Cocktail Recipe: frozen Kentucky summer cocktail
  • 2oz Kentucky whiskey, Bourbon or Rye.
  • 1oz Luxardo maraschino liqueur.
  • 1oz Lemon juice.
  • ½oz Simple syrup (equal parts water and sugar)
  • A few basil leaves

7 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Did you google it?  I just looked and there are a few recipes out there with bourbon, maraschino cherry juice and simple syrup.  Does that sound like the one?

Sure did. There are multiple recipes. Someone below posted the ingredients, now to find the measures. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ScubaCat3 said:

According to the Royal App a Kentucky Summer contains:

Buffalo Trace bourbon

St-Germain liqueur

Mango

Lime juice

Mint

No measurements are given. I hope this helps.

Great. Thanks. Hopefully someone on board sees this post and can get the measures. I’m sure I could wing it if I had too. 

7 minutes ago, FPP777 said:

Great. Thanks. Hopefully someone on board sees this post and can get the measures. I’m sure I could wing it if I had too. 

See if you can find a video of someone making it? You might be able to get an idea of measures from that.

Done that before with spice mixtures when I saw a certain Texas BBQ place making their sauce from scratch.

3 minutes ago, J0Y0US said:

See if you can find a video of someone making it? You might be able to get an idea of measures from that.

Done that before with spice mixtures when I saw a certain Texas BBQ place making their sauce from scratch.

Great idea. I’ll look for it. 

• 1 year later...
On 1/6/2022 at 10:26 AM, ScubaCat3 said:

According to the Royal App a Kentucky Summer contains:

Buffalo Trace bourbon

St-Germain liqueur

Mango

Lime juice

Mint

No measurements are given. I hope this helps.

I have the measurements if anyone is (still) interested.

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Thanks, my DH would like this. 

I've been working on these recipes. They're in an album on my FB profile. The goal is to make all 200+ drinks on Royal's menus. I might start a thread/topic on that.

Edited by PG_Cruiser
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, PG_Cruiser said:

I've been working on these recipes. They're in an album on my FB profile. The goal is to make all 200+ drinks on Royal's menus. I might start a thread/topic on that.

Wow! We would like to see the recipes…….😁

5 minutes ago, FPP777 said:

Thank you PG. I started the thread last year. I/ll be back on the Allure next month, but I/ll start warming up now.

I started a thread for recipes

Edited by PG_Cruiser
  • Like 3