Transportation from Long Island to Cruise Terminal

kapeaccruiser

I take the LIRR to Penn, quick cab ride to pier. Last cruise (October) didn’t want to take public transportation so had family member drive us in. In all the years cruising haven’t been able to find a good price. Hoping maybe someone else will come along with a suggestion and help us both

4 hours ago, kapeaccruiser said:

Looking for any info on shuttles from Long Island to NCL Cruise Terminal.  Thank you

Howdy @kapeaccruiser emo22.gif

Welcome back to the Cruise Critic message boards! 👍 To help you out, your new thread has been moved to the East Coast Departures forum where it will be on topic.

Be sure to activate the Follow feature on any thread where you are interested in future replies. You will not have to go l👀king to see if there are new posts on your Followed threads because they will come l👀king for you as notifications! emo34.gif If you need more info on how to do it, please see How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info).

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to submit your review for publication by Cruise Critic. Many cruisers will benefit from your experience! emo49.gif See How To: Submit a Member Review.

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you back aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

6 hours ago, kapeaccruiser said:

Looking for any info on shuttles from Long Island to NCL Cruise Terminal.  Thank you

Are you aware that Long Island is about 125 miles long? 

If you happen to start in Brooklyn (the western tip) your options might involve the subway to mid-town Manhattan and then a few blocks' walk to the terminal --- or a VERY expensive Uber ride from Montauk?   Depending upon your starting point, the LIRR might play a role - with a taxi at each end.   Look at a map, then look at your budget, then start the decision process. 

My parents used Delux Transportation Services (google them) when they sailed pre-Covid. They picked them up in Ronkonkoma and brought them to the pier, then did the reverse when they got back. I don't remember the price, but it wasn't cheap. 

For myself, we would either take an Uber, or as others have already said - LIRR to Penn, then taxi (we're on the border of Nassau/Queens). I wouldn't want to bring suitcases on the subway - especially if you're going during rush hour. People will hate you if you do that. 

Another option is to call up NCL and add on airport transfers. Even though you're not flying - take the LIRR to the JFK Air Train into JFK (or an Uber, or a friend to drop  you off at the arrivals - not departures section). Then NCL can transfer you to the pier. Air Train is still $5 I think, and the NCL transfer is only about $25 I think. So that just leaves your LIRR cost which varies based on where you hop on. But again... by the time you add it all up - its 100x easier to just pay the $150 for a car service to do door-to-door service instead of a car to a train to an air train to a bus to a boat.