Live Review Apex 1/8/2022 - 1/15/2022 Virtual Cruise Plenty of Pictures.

BennyBrun

Day 5

So the only unknown to us is if we will make Nassau or not.  I probably missed the announcements about it.  Personally it could be a sea day.  We already visited 3 ports all entertainment went on as scheduled had two great lobster entrées.  Life is great on the APEX.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

We already visited 3 ports all entertainment went on as scheduled had two great lobster entrées.  Life is great on the APEX.

Need to correct you.  There are supposed to be 7 different "Nights of..." back in Eden.  Tonight, night 5 of our cruise will be only the second time they have performed back there.  The ensemble shows like Night of Dreams based on Alice in Wonderland is the one show I was looking forward to and unless it makes a surprise visit on one of the last two nights, it'll be a Covid casualty.  All three of the main shows will have happened...Crystallize previously, Tree of Life tonight and Rockumentary on Friday

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Islandhop9 said:

Did you happen to see what excursions were offered in Belize? 

I only see the Lamanai ruins excursion in the planner for our cruise next month. 

Was hoping they might have one for Altun Ha. 

There were quite a few different selections to choose from before we got on the ship like 30 days out.  I think only one was sold out.  I highly recommend you go with the Celebrity tour in Belize.  That is NOT the port to book last minute tour when you get off the ship or explore on your own.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

The Wonder just pulled out at 500 with When you wish upon a star as their ships blast.

Did you happen to hear anything about COVID numbers from the captain?  We missed almost all of the Captain’s announcements.  I know we are missing a neighbor.  They were there on day 1 but have not been there because they did not even pick up the excursion tickets that were delivered to their room on Day 2.

Day 5

Oops… I typed too soon.  I just heard the Captain’s announcement by opening our stateroom’s door.  We did hit 1% onboard.  One guest tested positive in quarantine and the close contacts are in isolation and have all been identified.  The captain is hard to understand so SNJCRUISERS if you heard something different please correct me.  We are still going to Nassau. Sea day tomorrow and then Nassau.

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

The Wonder just pulled out at 500 with When you wish upon a star as their ships blast.

ah yes love the Disney ships playing their songs.   I do not understand why a lot of Princess ships have stopped playing the love boat theme though.

13 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 5

Oops… I typed too soon.  I just heard the Captain’s announcement by opening our stateroom’s door.  We did hit 1% onboard.  One guest tested positive in quarantine and the close contacts are in isolation and have all been identified.  The captain is hard to understand so SNJCRUISERS if you heard something different please correct me.  We are still going to Nassau. Sea day tomorrow and then Nassau.

Did not hear.  Have been sitting on the IV balcony enjoying the breeze while my DW gets ready for dinner.

Did the Captain say we are docking in Nassau or going to Nassau?  Could be the same turnaround that we experienced last week.

Edited by SNJCruisers

My wife & I are sailing on Saturday.  We have never done celebrity before.  What’s the dress code for dinner?  Is there a formal night?  We are custom to royal Caribbean where I wear my swim suit from dawn to dusk.  Thanks for all the information you provide!

23 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 5

There has to be more than one positive guest. I doubt there are the remaining 170+ are all crew. 

I am so full from eating way too much food, not to mention all the places I have been onboard and off the ship.  Just think, I have more to come and I haven't even left my study with my iMac.  Thank you, BennyBrun, for my vacation!  I will be on her in October, but feel like a friend due to your photos and information.  What a wonderful winter treat!   Really enjoying the cruise through your lens and your eyes!

Many thanks for my vicarious Caribbean vacation.  Cannot wait for what's ahead!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Jrklein25 said:

My wife & I are sailing on Saturday.  We have never done celebrity before.  What’s the dress code for dinner?  Is there a formal night?  We are custom to royal Caribbean where I wear my swim suit from dawn to dusk.  Thanks for all the information you provide!

Dress code for dinner is long pants and collared shirt.  There are two semi dress up nights usually on nights 2 & 6 on a 7 day sailing.  Only saw two tuxes on night two.  Even saw 3 men wearing shorts on night one in the MDR.  With only 1065 on board, there is no way their luggage was not delivered.  They pushed the envelope and succeeded.

• Thanks 1