Enchanted 1/9-1/29-Updates/Questions

Jadn13

52 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

6:30 Show-pretty empty 

passenger #’s not given at tonights show 

We were told we will get KN95 upgraded masks in our cabin tonight

Nice to know they are providing upgraded masks. Makes everyone a little safer onboard. We have already secured enough KN95 for our 20 day cruise starting 1/19, but for those that haven't gotten them yet they are not easy to find and the cost has sky rocketed!.

Be interesting to know the passenger count when available and any cancelled ports.

Thanks for your "reporting"!!

• Like 1

@Jadn13If you have the time, would you mind checking what cabins on Dolphin are being used for quarantine?

As illogical as it may seem, different reports indicate that they may not be using the same block of cabins for each journey. 

I think they may be blocked off mid ship on Port side - easy to tell by the closed fire doors and restricted access.

If you don't have the time nor inclination, no worries - but if you find yourself with a few moments looking for something to do, this info will be greatly appreciated!

• Like 2

We are n the 9th floor, Dolphin deck in D505, very close to the Panoramic stairs/elevators, and the fire door is closed with a Do Not Enter sign. The whole hall forward to the forward elevators is quarantined, cabins D443-D301. Guest services also mentioned floor 8 may be also be closed. We are not happy to lose access to this egress. Makes a very long walk to get forward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Let us know about how carefully people are following the Covid protocols. 

As far as masks, so far as I've seen, about 99%.  Did see a few during boarding who had them around their chin or just off, but haven't seen anyone since we boarded. Some are wearing flimsy cloth masks, but theyre in the minority, and with the KN95s left in our cabins, hopefully we will see more people using the better ones.

Elevators are not too bad, other than right at boarding time, and when we could go to our cabins at noon.  You might get 7 in an elevator (limit is 6), but most don't push it, and comply if you say "sorry, we're full".

I feel very, very safe on here.  There's plenty of room for distancing from others, crew are constantly cleaning everywhere, and there's good compliance.  100% vaxxed is nice, and knowing we all tested negative is great.  Plus no kids (a few teens, but they are few and far between, and have to be vaxxed too).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, nptss said:

We are n the 9th floor, Dolphin deck in D505, very close to the Panoramic stairs/elevators, and the fire door is closed with a Do Not Enter sign. The whole hall forward to the forward elevators is quarantined, cabins D443-D301. Guest services also mentioned floor 8 may be also be closed. We are not happy to lose access to this egress. Makes a very long walk to get forward.

Thank you so much for your speedy response! There's a group of us on another thread who have been trying to figure this out. 

42 minutes ago, nptss said:

thanks for the info... so to clarify the Port side door is open to access cabins on port side of ship at the Panoramic elevator? Or both sets of fire doors at the mid...Thx

Thank you for the information. We were able to purchase the KN95 masks on Amazon and received them quickly with our Prime membership. Not all quantities/colors are Prime, so we just picked some that were and bought those. We go for our test in 2 days. We're still on pins and needles about our cruise, but if it goes, we're going. We can drive to Fort Lauderdale if we have to. Please keep the updates coming! The information definitely helps! 

Day 2

-We were told that due to CDC guideline the cabin stewards are only allowed in your cabin once a day. (This may be new because on the Sky in December our Steward was in an out multiple times in a day)

-Be sure to arrange a paper patter with your Steward if you want one 

-Thought I would share the menu from the  Salty Dog, since it’s a bit new.

5E19C0E8-BF29-4CE3-AC08-9E8676A3EE17.png

757B1B49-2C4B-4D77-B2B7-DBD41F771B76.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the Salty Dog Menu. I'd like to try it one day for lunch but I can't justify spending $18 pp for it when there are so many included options on the ship.

I've been trying to think what I'd be willing to spend and I actually think $10  would be my limit (maybe I'd go for the $12 previous price).

I bet if they lowered the price the venue would be busier and they'd probably end up making more money. 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, GolfMom321 said:

Elevators are not too bad, other than right at boarding time, and when we could go to our cabins at noon.  You might get 7 in an elevator (limit is 6), but most don't push it, and comply if you say "sorry, we're full".

We also found this to be true on our 20 day Dec cruise on the Enchanted.  People were very aware of the six person limit on the elevators and most graciously adhered to the policy. 

29 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

Thanks for the Salty Dog Menu. I'd like to try it one day for lunch but I can't justify spending $18 pp for it when there are so many included options on the ship.

I've been trying to think what I'd be willing to spend and I actually think $10  would be my limit (maybe I'd go for the $12 previous price).

I bet if they lowered the price the venue would be busier and they'd probably end up making more money. 

I agree we contemplated eating there but the cost doesn’t justify the menu.

• Like 3

AB1AC6BB-23BC-4EA0-98AA-1EE69A0CDA01.thumb.jpeg.1d503aa1f8cf6f31e3b6c4ec59520066.jpeg-This morning Inquired  at the desk about the upgraded stateroom amenities for elite and was told that per CDC rules the aren’t allowed to provide them 

-There is a no contact system this morning at the IC. Drinks ordered at the counter are being put on a tray and then you pick them up from the try that a server is holding out in front of you.

They are also using tongs to pick up the lids.

*be sure to order all your milk and sweeteners at once since they aren’t available at the counter.

0C3A6C6C-0C26-4326-9AAE-B9834B15BA15.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Quarantine Deck 9 coming from the stairs near the panorama elevators. All 3 entrances are blocked by fire doors. Funny, I saw a couple disregard the signs and opened the doors to get to the elevators 🤷🏻‍♀️

616668A2-C9C7-4085-AF04-69DFD14F589E.jpeg

19B186E1-01EA-46F0-BD6B-1E1D9D3642E9.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, hllwdcruiser said:

@Jadn13If you have the time, would you mind checking what cabins on Dolphin are being used for quarantine?

As illogical as it may seem, different reports indicate that they may not be using the same block of cabins for each journey. 

I think they may be blocked off mid ship on Port side - easy to tell by the closed fire doors and restricted access.

If you don't have the time nor inclination, no worries - but if you find yourself with a few moments looking for something to do, this info will be greatly appreciated!

I’m on the Feb 8 sailing in D701, so I’m hoping/suspecting it depends on who they can move from their booked rooms. We got an “upgrade” to a smaller balcony room a few decks up and amidship so I spent more than two hours on the phone to get our room back. I had to go over the head of the very nice young lady who took my original call. Of course, they didn’t mention that they wanted the room for a quarantine zone. That would have changed the conversation significantly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Quarantine Deck 9 coming from the stairs near the panorama elevators. All 3 entrances are blocked by fire doors. Funny, I saw a couple disregard the signs and opened the doors to get to the elevators 🤷🏻‍♀️

616668A2-C9C7-4085-AF04-69DFD14F589E.jpeg

19B186E1-01EA-46F0-BD6B-1E1D9D3642E9.jpeg

On the deck plans it looks like there are 4 exits to rooms at the mid stairs and elevators if I'm looking correctly...are all the doors shut? Just trying to decide if I should just move to a different deck entirely. My cabin is D410 right now which I chose for big balcony and mid ship elevators... i don't sail until March so things could be different so might just roll the dice and if mid is unavailable and covid rooms are too close move once onboard?

Edited by cyndyga
  • Like 2

I got off Enchanted yesterday and, based on some of the questions,  I thought I would share some of what I experienced...

OVERALL:  I'm feeling very grateful.  We had a wonderful trip! We stopped at every island as planned.  It was above and beyond our expectations.  I can't stress enough how everyone on the crew was nothing but kind, accommodating, and doing their best to make sure we had a great experience, despite the challenging circumstances.  And when I say 'challenging', in my opinion, it's not about me having to wear a mask or not knowing exactly how many positive cases are onboard (which I think is fundamentally impossible).  Challenging is what the crew goes thru, mostly behind the scenes,  to make sure the passengers are as safe as possible.  Without getting on a soap box, my hope is that if you decide to cruise, you can... be kind, be considerate, be respectful, be understanding.  We know very little about what others are going thru.

NEG TEST:  we took a PCR test 2 days prior and didn't get results before getting to the ship.  We were directed to a door, not far from the boarding area, for a free (we showed proof we hadn't gotten results) test.   Super easy and quick.   

CABIN UPGRADE:  I went to Guest Services as soon as I got onboard to get on the list for a paid upgrade.  I was told it would be at least 40 hours before (the main office) would release the cabins to process the upgrades.  Day 3, I checked again and my timing was fortunate..  I was able to go from an Aft Balcony to a Vista Suite, for $120/day ($60 per person) for a total of $840 for the remaining 7 days.  

EXPECTATIONS:  If you've been a cruiser, you might have certain expectations.  Keep an open mind and pack your patience.  It's likely you'll wait at the buffet for assistance.  It's possible you won't see your favorite activity on the schedule.  We packed books and games and REALLY enjoyed...no lines getting on and off the ship, being able to sit side-by-side at the dinner table as there was plenty of space,  being able to attend a Winemakers dinner, an open lounger by the pool at 10am on a sea day...and the list goes on.  I was told capacity was ~ 38%.

PORTS:  I feel incredibly lucky that we could stop at every island we were scheduled for.  Most places required a temperature check and/or hand sanitation. Taxi drivers asked us to hold out our hands for a squirt.  Some places gave us a wrist band to wear.  Masks were required and nearly every local we saw (adult, children) was wearing a mask.  The only place we took off our masks was at the beach.  Not a big deal and it made sense. 

EXCURSIONS:  I rarely book a ship excursion and was happy I could continue that plan and get off at each port.  Most islands offered plenty of opportunity for tours and taxis.

I know things are changing on a daily basis, so it's awesome that people are posting live updates.  I also feel like so much of what's in the news and social boards about cruising seems a bit dramatic and fear-based.   If you are debating, use common sense, try and stick with facts (if possible) and go with your gut.   The book I was reading on the cruise had a meaningful quote...."It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."  (Henry David Thoreau)

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3