Enchanted 1/9-1/29-Updates/Questions

Jadn13

On 1/22/2022 at 1:20 PM, Jadn13 said:

Just a note-

i know not everyone likes the apo but

on board the Crew Chat feature in the App has definitely been useful. They have sorted out requests or issues no matter how small. Remember it’s always an option

I agree with you regarding the crew chat feature.  This function helped me out when the entire front desk helped me to re book my airline.  The crew chat is monitored by  guest services

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dwhogan27 said:

Nothing worked, but got a call from Princess asking what they could do to expedite the checkin. We told them the issues with the app, and they found a way around the problems. We're back in the green lane!!

It's terrible that this far down the road with MC App, they still have to fix individual records to make things work.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 9:16 AM, MissP22 said:

Was there an option to select an earlier time for testing?

Thanks for the updates regarding current conditions. We’ve been weighing the factors and based on lack of production shows (we’re theater people), lack of knowing if cruise ports will be canceled or restricted (not sea day folks) and more enforced masking policies (triple vaccinated and post Covid), we’re looking to cancel our February 28 btb and sail when things look more normal. Not a hit on Princess at all…we thoroughly enjoyed our 10 day Panama cruise over Thanksgiving and will enjoy cruising again soon I hope. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hiawathapt said:

Thanks for the updates regarding current conditions. We’ve been weighing the factors and based on lack of production shows (we’re theater people), lack of knowing if cruise ports will be canceled or restricted (not sea day folks) and more enforced masking policies (triple vaccinated and post Covid), we’re looking to cancel our February 28 btb and sail when things look more normal. Not a hit on Princess at all…we thoroughly enjoyed our 10 day Panama cruise over Thanksgiving and will enjoy cruising again soon I hope. 

Quite understandable. 

Question to a very knowledgeable and helpful group.

What time does Customs typically clear Princess ships for debarkation upon the return to FLL?

I have a Saturday flight out of FLL for 10:45am.  Is that likely to be a problem?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Clark W Grismond

4 minutes ago, Clark W Grismond said:

What time does Customs typically clear Princess ships for debarkation upon the return to FLL?

I have a Saturday flight out of FLL for 10:45am.  Is that likely to be a problem?

Thanks in advance.

It could be an issue. There is a "Cruise Air" forum under the heading of : "Cruise  Discussion Topics." There are very knowledgeable people on that topic.

If the ship is late or there are problems, then it is too early.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Clark W Grismond said:

Thanks in advance.

When we were on the Sky and debarked in Dec, we were at the airport by 8AM....remarkable quick. You don't actually interact with an Official any more, as it is all automated with facial recognition machines.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

They have not done away with TD - you just have to work harder to get it.

That work includes guessing up to a year or more before the cruise what times the shows in the Princess Theater will be. Yes, they may suggest three times, but there is no guarantee the times they suggest now will be accurate when the cruise sails. Many on the current cruises are reporting only having one performance each evening and it is at a time that the suggested times would no longer work.

Also yet to be proved is that if you do book the same dining room at the same time each evening that others seated at the table will be the same others the entire cruise. That is what makes it truly traditional dining.

14 minutes ago, Clark W Grismond said:

Thanks in advance.

We got off the boat at 8:45 this morning, and walked through our front door at 9:30. We live 15 minutes from FLL.

The true answer is that it shouldn't be an issue. That said, issues can and will happen; that is a certainty; we just can't ever predict when.  If there is any issue with port authority, than you could miss your flight. You probably won't. Be risk aware and know that you may have to adapt.

Edited by Kmkub
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, caribill said:

That work includes guessing up to a year or more before the cruise what times the shows in the Princess Theater will be. Yes, they may suggest three times, but there is no guarantee the times they suggest now will be accurate when the cruise sails. Many on the current cruises are reporting only having one performance each evening and it is at a time that the suggested times would no longer work.

Also yet to be proved is that if you do book the same dining room at the same time each evening that others seated at the table will be the same others the entire cruise. That is what makes it truly traditional dining.

It didn't seem to be a problem for us; just off The Enchanted. We sat at a private table for two every night; same table. The group of eight who were beside us were the same people every night. The couple next to us was also the same.

So, it's possible.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Clark W Grismond said:

Thanks in advance.

BTW- if you booked through Princess EZAir, then it should be fine. They only allow eligible flight times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Clark W Grismond said:

Thanks in advance.

As long as the ship reaches port on schedule you should have no problem. Just ask to be in one of the early walk-off groups carrying your own luggage.

If you have TSA pre-check, that will get you through the TSA inspection at the airport quickly.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, caribill said:

As long as the ship reaches port on schedule you should have no problem. Just ask to be in one of the early walk-off groups carrying your own luggage.

If you have TSA pre-check, that will get you through the TSA inspection at the airport quickly.

Caribill - great point. 

To confirm, you mean roll off / debark with your luggage in tow as opposed to leaving it out the evening before for the staff to consolidate and deliver to Customs, correct?

And if you don't mind my asking, to whom would you direct a request for an early departure on Princess?  Customer Service on board?

Thanks again.

15 minutes ago, Clark W Grismond said:

Caribill - great point. 

To confirm, you mean roll off / debark with your luggage in tow as opposed to leaving it out the evening before for the staff to consolidate and deliver to Customs, correct?

And if you don't mind my asking, to whom would you direct a request for an early departure on Princess?  Customer Service on board?

Thanks again.

If you walk off (that’s what the group is called) You arrive at the designated area a bit earlier 😉 than the time listed on the info sheet left in your cabin.

Today was Capri by 7:30Am 

You carry your own luggage off unassisted and are the first group off.

You don’t need to make prior arrangements to walk off 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, caribill said:

True that little is normal right now, except the superlative friendly and service-oriented staff. 

If one is booking one of the earlier times, won't be an issue attending a single showtime.  I read one ship was having a single show at 9pm, so even 7pm DR could work.

Our version of TD is dining with our friends.  However, I do care about the experience for others who like to share and have a consistent group of dining companions.

1 minute ago, Jadn13 said:

If you walk off (that’s what the group is called) You arrive at the designated area a bit earlier 😉 than the time listed on the info sheet left in your cabin.

Today was Capri by 7:30Am 

You carry your own luggage off unassisted and are the first group off.

You don’t need to make prior arrangements to walk off 

Also, once disembark has begun, you can head off on the gangway at your convenience.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Clark W Grismond said:

Caribill - great point. 

To confirm, you mean roll off / debark with your luggage in tow as opposed to leaving it out the evening before for the staff to consolidate and deliver to Customs, correct?  Correct

Thanks again.

Pre-pandemic each cabin would receive a form asking for your disembarkation preference.  Also, when you received your end-of-cruise luggage tags if you had not selected self-disembarkation, the instructions that came with them indicated how you could trade what came for another time.

I am not sure of how it is handled now during the pandemic restart. Possible a recent cruiser can post how it is now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chrysalis said:

When we were on the Sky and disembarked in Dec, we were at the airport by 8AM....remarkable quick. You don't actually interact with an Official any more, as it is all automated with facial recognition machines.

Our departure time from the Sky on 1/8 was 9-9:30 am.  We were actually on I-95 after picking up our car at the Park N Fly by 9:15!! 
Of course every cruise is different...but ours was quick and efficient.

Edited by suzyed
  • Thanks 1

Just remember Customs is a factor.  When we docked on Jan 9 after NYE cruise, we were delayed 30-45 minutes due to an unusual 8 ships returning and disembarking.  Princess chose to let us stay on board to avoid standing in bery long lines.  Customs staff was low and stretched thin to do 8 ships so there was a delay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/29/2022 at 3:12 PM, Clark W Grismond said:

Caribill - great point. 

Thanks again.

The night before debarkation (last Friday), the cabin steward left tags for our luggage, which we just tossed (they don’t ask you but they knew our flight time which was the same as yours, so they just assigned tags for something like 8:30). We rolled our luggage down directly from our cabin to the debarkation deck at 7:20 and walked right off, were two of the first through customs which was empty, they used facial recognition & we strolled through in no time flat. The garage area was empty and there was a cab waiting with his trunk open and we were to the airport ASAP. Airport was as quiet as I’ve ever seen it, checked our bags in with no wait, through security like we owned the place and at our gate with bums in seats before 8:30. Easy, breezy, we’ll never do it any other way again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1