Enchanted 1/9-1/29-Updates/Questions

Jadn13

Greetings,

Does anyone know if the ship has Pepsi or Coke products?

Are there any rules about bring non-alcoholic drinks onboard?  (I have a Diet Mountain Dew habit that needs to be maintained everyday).  Wondering if I can bring some onboard when we depart?  Someone mentioned that you may only be able to bring on cans of soda.  Any idea?  Thx

23 minutes ago, adpsmp said:

Greetings,

Are there any rules about bring non-alcoholic drinks onboard?  (I have a Diet Mountain Dew habit that needs to be maintained everyday).  Wondering if I can bring some onboard when we depart?  Someone mentioned that you may only be able to bring on cans of soda.  Any idea?  Thx

Coke. 

Limited offerings on the soda gun, which is included in the drink packages. 

Some additional offerings in cans, which are "pay extra".   What exactly is onboard each cruise depends on what they are able to restock.  

Restrictions are in your passage contract within your booking.  

General contract is on the website:   (emphasis added by me)

https://www.princess.com/legal/passage_contract/pcl.html

Guests agree not to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages on board for consumption or for any other use except as follows:

• For Guests of legal drinking age, an allowance of one (1) bottle of wine or champagne (750 mL in volume or less) per Guest per Voyage may be presented to security during embarkation. A US $20.00 corkage fee will be charged should Guests wish to consumer their wine or champagne in the ship’s public areas.
  • A US $20.00 corkage fee (which is subject to change without notice) will apply to each additional bottle (750 mL in volume or less) beyond the one-bottle per Guest per Voyage allowance. Limitations apply, and wine brought in quantities deemed to be excessive by the vessel or security will be refused.
  • Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding.

All checked and carry-on luggage will be scanned and any prohibited items, including alcoholic/nonalcoholic beverages will be removed, confiscated, and discarded. If Your luggage is locked, the lock may be removed by security or, alternatively, the luggage will be held by security until You can be present for an inspection and any items in question further identified and/or surrendered. Carrier shall not be responsible for any loss, cost, disappointment or damage of any kind as a result of any luggage lock removal, alcoholic/nonalcoholic items, or other prohibited items removed and discarded in violation of the policy. You agree to surrender alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the vessel’s gift shop, or at ports of call, to Carrier, which will be delivered to Your stateroom just prior to disembarking the voyage. Any wine or champagne supplied by the Carrier to You are not subject to a corkage fee. Purified or distilled water in factory-sealed containers (including plastic containers) for use in conjunction with medical device(s) are allowed in checked luggage and must be packed with the device(s). Distilled/purified water in a factory-sealed container(s) (including plastic containers) for the reconstitution of infant formula are allowed in checked luggage for staterooms with infant bookings. Limitations apply, and allowances are subject to change without notice and remain subject to situational assessments by both security and the vessel.

27 minutes ago, let's go cruising said:

My mom and aunt who are on the cruise right now had booked a Whale-watching tour in St. Lucia. It was supposed to be on a catamaran. When they got to the boat, it was an over-crowded fishing boat. They did not go on the excursion. 

Was this booked thru Princess or was it private?   If private, Do you know what company?  

Thanks.

4 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

For Elites- 

On the Enchanted if you want full tea service (scones) in your cabin they request that you order 24 hours in advance

Thank you for this info.  It use to be 6 or 8 hours ahead, can't remember which.  I have never done it but was thinking I might this cruise.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 10:35 AM, sunsetme said:

any independent vendors at Barbados cruise port?? Looking for Spenser Ambrose, he has started taking some cruisers (not necessarily Princess passengers).

Every time (including 2 weeks ago) I’m in Barbados I go with Silver Moon.  They are fantastic!  Well worth the price.  Go for the premium.  They do sell put.

In St Lucia I do Spencer, though this last time it got cancelled.  Not their fault.  They only has us and one other couple, and the other couple didn’t show.  If I had known ahead of time about the low numbers, I would have recruited on the ship.  I think the ‘approved’ local tours get screwed over as the ships make it sound like the only option is with their tours. Cruise Critic is a great way to learn about local options.

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

So, the sick crew was confined to a couple of asymptomatic cases with performers?  Then, it seems a pretty minor situation - hardly newsworthy.  Of course the crew is diligent in public, but we don't know what is going on behind closed doors.  Not trying to imply they aren't careful, but it seems some posters are assuming if a crew member catches Covid, it came from a guest.  Asymptomatic cases shouldn't be a surprise to anyone - pretty prevalent these days among the vaccinated and boosted who catch it.

My niece is an entertainer, and via contact tracing, if she encounters someone who tests positive, she is quarantined, just like the passengers. So, if just one of the ships entertainment cast test positive, pretty much all of them have to quarantine. They do not play fast and loose(at least the entertainers), because they live to perform, if they are not performing they get depressed, so they are adamant about following procedures.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, dwhogan27 said:

My niece is an entertainer, and via contact tracing, if she encounters someone who tests positive, she is quarantined, just like the passengers. So, if just one of the ships entertainment cast test positive, pretty much all of them have to quarantine. They do not play fast and loose(at least the entertainers), because they live to perform, if they are not performing they get depressed, so they are adamant about following procedures.

I think this is true of most of the crew we meet.......they are more worried about making a living in these tough times of Covid for them than ignoring stay safe and health on the ship.....most of the people who we saw who did not comply were basically just had bad attitudes probably about everything in life.......

1 hour ago, dwhogan27 said:

If I hear you correctly, even if one of the entertainers is near a crew member who tests positive all of the cast is subjected to quarantine even if they test negative themselves

4 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

If I hear you correctly, even if one of the entertainers is near a crew member who tests positive all of the cast is subjected to quarantine even if they test negative themselves

They could test negative up to about five days after exposure even if infected, so yes, should be quarantined until an appropriate amount of days have passed since the possible exposure..

7 hours ago, MrsFloody said:

Hello,

Is it possible to see a spa price list or details of any offers onboard by any chance?

Also, are there lockers in the changing room in The Enclave? I assume there are but thinking about my embarkation and planning, planning, planning....

So excited and a bit hyper already. 64 days to go. Waaaaaaaahhhh! 

😎

As was explained, you can see the spa services anytime. The locker room for enclave is very nice. You get a bracelet with a locker ID. Inside the locker is a nice robe and shower sandals. You can lock the locker. The bracelet is waterproof. We’ve really enjoyed the enclave.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kmkub said:

As was explained, you can see the spa services anytime. The locker room for enclave is very nice. You get a bracelet with a locker ID. Inside the locker is a nice robe and shower sandals. You can lock the locker. The bracelet is waterproof. We’ve really enjoyed the enclave.

Thank you so much, that's really helpful.  I had seen the prices online but wasn't sure if these differed from that offerred on board if there are any promotions.  I haven't got much gall to be honest, is it worth asking on day 1 if there any offers for the spa?????

Thanks again!

Lesley

10 hours ago, caribill said:

They could test negative up to about five days after exposure even if infected, so yes, should be quarantined until an appropriate amount of days have passed since the possible exposure..

Using that logic then it could also be applied to the passengers as well. Anyone coming in contact with a covid person could be subject to quarantine in the middle of the cruise regardless of their positive or negative test.

I'm just wondering how far Princess will carry this protocol.  

16 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Using that logic then it could also be applied to the passengers as well. Anyone coming in contact with a covid person could be subject to quarantine in the middle of the cruise regardless of their positive or negative test.

I'm just wondering how far Princess will carry this protocol.  

If it’s a close contact and you test negative you may just need to quarantine for 24 hours until you test negative again. (That’s how it’s handled on Royal) 

I wouldn’t put too much into it. Our waiter was quarantined after 8 days and we weren’t notified so obviously they don’t think that’s close enough, which works for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrsFloody said:

Thank you so much, that's really helpful.  I had seen the prices online but wasn't sure if these differed from that offerred on board if there are any promotions.  I haven't got much gall to be honest, is it worth asking on day 1 if there any offers for the spa?????

Thanks again!

Lesley

Anything on a port day will be discounted 15%.

Princess has had the same “specials,” since we started in 2008. The 10, 20, 30 sale is an increased discount (10%, 20%, 30%,) for up to three services. It’s always been a limited list, though. This cruise, we each got two massages and a pedi. It doesn’t qualify for that promotion, though, because a pedi isn’t on the list. A mani/pedi is, but we don’t want the mani.

discounts also cannot be combined. We always do port days, so we got the 15% for all of them. If you do the 10, 20, 30 deal, the port discount won’t apply.

we get a 10% platinum discount, but that doesn’t apply either, since we are using the port discount. For us, then, it’s really only a 5% discount.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jadn13 said:

If it’s a close contact and you test negative you may just need to quarantine for 24 hours until you test negative again. (That’s how it’s handled on Royal) 

I wouldn’t put too much into it. Our waiter was quarantined after 8 days and we weren’t notified so obviously they don’t think that’s close enough, which works for me.

I'm thinking the logic of quarantining people who have been in "close contact" with someone who was positive may only be applied to crew members only at this point.   

21 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Antigua Today

Restricted Port- Temperature checks being conducted in the pink tents

805918B7-BA06-4C00-B82B-D57A48AA3F53.jpeg

277A641F-9011-44B1-8FCB-D019FF44AA97.jpeg

Updated: I referred back to the list and today is a Non Restricted Port-You can do independent tours and exploration 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, let's go cruising said:

My mom and aunt who are on the cruise right now had booked a Whale-watching tour in St. Lucia. It was supposed to be on a catamaran. When they got to the boat, it was an over-crowded fishing boat. They did not go on the excursion. 

Did they get their $$ back? We have booked this for our 2/28/22 cruise...maybe based on this we may cancel..catamarans are fun, crowded fishing boats are not..thanks!

Big Al 

16 minutes ago, big al said:

Did they get their $$ back? We have booked this for our 2/28/22 cruise...maybe based on this we may cancel..catamarans are fun, crowded fishing boats are not..thanks!

Big Al 

They did get their money back.

They talked to someone who went anyway and was told there was more drinking than whale-watching. 

That's the information I got, so people can make informed choices.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, adpsmp said:

Greetings,

Coke products available onboard all Princess ships, no Pepsi. You can each bring on a 12 pack Diet dew cans (no bottles) with you when you board. DW is a Diet Dew addict also so we do this even with the élite mini bar. Welcome to Cruise Critic.

7 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Coke products available onboard all Princess ships, no Pepsi. You can each bring on a 12 pack Diet dew cans (no bottles) with you when you board. DW is a Diet Dew addict also so we do this even with the élite mini bar. Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Don't forget you can also purchase more when you go shopping at just about any port. 😊

51 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Don't forget you can also purchase more when you go shopping at just about any port. 😊

Some yes. but from experience I can say that Diet Dew can be quite rare in many ports. We have been on that difficult hunt but success is sweet.😁 Back to topic.

19 hours ago, CruisinFinsUp said:

Coke. 

Limited offerings on the soda gun, which is included in the drink packages. 

Some additional offerings in cans, which are "pay extra".   What exactly is onboard each cruise depends on what they are able to restock.  

Restrictions are in your passage contract within your booking.  

General contract is on the website:   (emphasis added by me)

https://www.princess.com/legal/passage_contract/pcl.html

Guests agree not to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages on board for consumption or for any other use except as follows:

• For Guests of legal drinking age, an allowance of one (1) bottle of wine or champagne (750 mL in volume or less) per Guest per Voyage may be presented to security during embarkation. A US $20.00 corkage fee will be charged should Guests wish to consumer their wine or champagne in the ship’s public areas.
  • A US $20.00 corkage fee (which is subject to change without notice) will apply to each additional bottle (750 mL in volume or less) beyond the one-bottle per Guest per Voyage allowance. Limitations apply, and wine brought in quantities deemed to be excessive by the vessel or security will be refused.
  • Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding.

All checked and carry-on luggage will be scanned and any prohibited items, including alcoholic/nonalcoholic beverages will be removed, confiscated, and discarded. If Your luggage is locked, the lock may be removed by security or, alternatively, the luggage will be held by security until You can be present for an inspection and any items in question further identified and/or surrendered. Carrier shall not be responsible for any loss, cost, disappointment or damage of any kind as a result of any luggage lock removal, alcoholic/nonalcoholic items, or other prohibited items removed and discarded in violation of the policy. You agree to surrender alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the vessel’s gift shop, or at ports of call, to Carrier, which will be delivered to Your stateroom just prior to disembarking the voyage. Any wine or champagne supplied by the Carrier to You are not subject to a corkage fee. Purified or distilled water in factory-sealed containers (including plastic containers) for use in conjunction with medical device(s) are allowed in checked luggage and must be packed with the device(s). Distilled/purified water in a factory-sealed container(s) (including plastic containers) for the reconstitution of infant formula are allowed in checked luggage for staterooms with infant bookings. Limitations apply, and allowances are subject to change without notice and remain subject to situational assessments by both security and the vessel.

fantastic!  Thanks for pointing out the fine print.  I'll be bringing 12-pack cans of my favorite beverage!  Thanks again!