Enchanted 1/9-1/29-Updates/Questions

Jadn13

14 hours ago, curlybelle2 said:

I have a question about the coffee on the Enchanted. Is the coffee in the dining rooms and buffet syrup or brew? I am trying to decide if I want to pay the extra money for a coffee package. We are on a 10 cruise and I only drink one cup a day. Any thoughts? thanks

If you only drink one cup of regular coffee a day I would just pay for them individually. they're about $2 per cup.

2 hours ago, socaljo said:

I am so excited to hear this!  I love my hubby but I eat with him the other 330 days a year!!  I love meeting new friends in the MDR!  We'll be on the Enchanted in 79 days!!  

Normally eating with others might be fine but I'm not taking any chances next cruise.

We'll be eating at a table for 2 only to minimize any contact with anyone. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, curlybelle2 said:

I have a question about the coffee on the Enchanted. Is the coffee in the dining rooms and buffet syrup or brew? I am trying to decide if I want to pay the extra money for a coffee package. We are on a 10 cruise and I only drink one cup a day. Any thoughts? thanks

Have you considered getting the "Princess Plus" package? When you break down the math, it is worth it. It costs $40.00 per day per person.

Below is what these things would cost if you pay for them separately WITHOUT Princess Plus.

I think $40.00 per day per person is a good deal.

14.50   Crew Incentive (gratuities)

9.99    WiFi

26.00  2 glasses of wine with gratuity

5.00  Fabulous caramel latte'

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nini said:

Have you considered getting the "Princess Plus" package? When you break down the math, it is worth it. It costs $40.00 per day per person.

Below is what these things would cost if you pay for them separately WITHOUT Princess Plus.

9.99    WiFi

Yes I did think of this option. It would be a good option for some people but not for us since we don't drink wine (alcohol). We also don't really use the internet while we cruise either. 

Since we are now retired, we are watching our pennies more, so we try to cruise as inexpensive as we can. 

Thanks for your thoughts!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, big al said:

Question: does anybody know if there is SPLENDA on the Enchanted? It comes in a yellow packet next to all the other sugar substitutes that are pink & blue? It's the only one I like in my coffee & sometimes I just bring my own 'cause some cruise lines don't carry it because it's a bit more $$ than the others...thanks!!

Big Al 

@BigAl I take a small squeeze bottle of liquid Splenda with me when traveling.  I like that there's no paper wrappers to deal with and no matter where I am traveling I can count on having my favorite sweetener.  I thought I would mention it in case you haven't already considered it.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, curlybelle2 said:

Yes I did think of this option. It would be a good option for some people but not for us since we don't drink wine (alcohol). We also don't really use the internet while we cruise either. 

Since we are now retired, we are watching our pennies more, so we try to cruise as inexpensive as we can. 

Thanks for your thoughts!

As has been mentioned, you can probably get a good Americano at the International Cafe. Otherwise, it is just the syrup stuff. My sister and I actually liked the decaf in the buffet area when we were on the Regal Princess. You can always  give a try to what is offered, and if it is not to your liking, purchase a Coffee Card or buy as you go.

On 1/19/2022 at 10:32 AM, jwattle said:

We do at least $5 per bag; it's our luggage, and we're not having to heft it around; they do provide a great service 🥂

On that, others may say differently

Most of that work is not done by the porters you tip.

They just put it on a cart and wheel it to a place where other people put it in cages for the ship. Then others use forklifts to move the cages onto the ship.

Once on the ship all of the work is done by Princess staff who in no way, shape or form get any of the tip you gave on shore. I doubt the forklift operators share the tip either.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CruisinFinsUp said:

Coffee:

Grand class ships have syrup diluted coffee dispensed at the buffet.   Coffee syrup is a common way of making coffee in many restaurants/ large service venues.    

Coffee syrup, just like ground coffee, comes in a variety of quality levels.

Many fine restaurants on shore use syrup, but use a high quality and more costly one.

It is suspected that Princess is not purchasing the highest quality syrup available.

• Like 1

A question about the 2 dining rooms, Capri & Amalfi.. what is the difference between the 2? I see Amalfi is aft & must have a better view of the sea..Capri is mid ship.. I can only guess Capri must be easier to get to because of their weird elevator & location on the decks situation..I saw a guy on YouTube do a review & mentioned that the Amalfi was more difficult to get to..advise? Thanks..we sail Feb. 28...hopefully some of the production shows will be back by then..both shows were cancelled on the NCL Encore, which we just got off of Jan. 16th...BUT The Beatles's show & Frankie Valli tribute were great...

Big Al 

9 minutes ago, big al said:

A question about the 2 dining rooms, Capri & Amalfi.. what is the difference between the 2? I see Amalfi is aft & must have a better view of the sea..Capri is mid ship.. I can only guess Capri must be easier to get to because of their weird elevator & location on the decks situation..I saw a guy on YouTube do a review & mentioned that the Amalfi was more difficult to get to..advise? Thanks..we sail Feb. 28...hopefully some of the production shows will be back by then..both shows were cancelled on the NCL Encore, which we just got off of Jan. 16th...BUT The Beatles's show & Frankie Valli tribute were great...

Big Al 

Amalfi for me is out of the way, it does have back windows but not enough to make it worth it. 
We have only had variety type shows, no production shows..yet this voyage  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Amalfi for me is out of the way, it does have back windows but not enough to make it worth it. 
We have only had variety type shows, no production shows..yet this voyage  

In general the entertainment & activities seems to be curtailed from what it used to be. Even the movies shown on MUTS are dated & we've seen them all.

Hopefully the movies presented on the cabin TV will be more up to date. If not, we'll be spending many hours drinking in one of the bars. 🤪

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MissP22 said:

In general the entertainment & activities seems to be curtailed from what it used to be. Even the movies shown on MUTS are dated & we've seen them all.

Hopefully the movies presented on the cabin TV will be more up to date. If not, we'll be spending many hours drinking in one of the bars. 🤪

Ha! Not a bad alternative.

If you travel during Football season many of the MUTS are taken up by NFL games @least on this ship especially during the Playoffs  (I’m not a fan)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Ha! Not a bad alternative.

If you travel during Football season many of the MUTS are taken up by NFL games @least on this ship especially during the Playoffs  (I’m not a fan)

Are they ever going to lose money with us next trip with the Princess Plus package. 🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹 🤪

• Like 2

IF possible, can you post the name of the officers on the Enchantment? Whatever ways..from the Princess Patter, or a list from Guest Services..I am in charge of our Roll Call for 2/28 and even though officers are routinely invited to the CC Princess & M & G, I would like to invite them personally..if you can't find it, no problem, I will get it when I board Feb. 28..thanks!! 👌 😎

Big Al 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, big al said:

Big Al 

We just got off the ship. Since we had 10 people in our group, we were in the Almafi. The Capri couldn't accommodate 10 people together. We had a long table off to the side in a separated area. We loved it.   

We thought that being harder to get to, the Almafi would be less crowded. It did seem to have a lot of larger tables. We went to the Capri for breakfast, and noticed many more smaller tables.

Have fun

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, nini said:

9.99    WiFi

Just getting off the Enchanted Princess without the drink package, I crunched some numbers.

We are elite, so we get the bar set up which we switch to all beer (10 beers) and 10 waters. We can't drink a whole lot.

I brought 6 bottles of wine onto the ship, paying $60 corkage fee (2 bottles no charge). All six bottles were previously gifted to us.

Most days, I would have a glass of wine and my hubby would have a beer on the balcony for pre-Happy Hour. Then we would go to the Elite lounge for 1-2 beers or ciders. At dinner, we shared one of the bottles of wine that we brought aboard. We both only drink 1 glass of wine with dinner, so the 4 bottles lasted the 10 days.

As far as internet goes, we have the Tmobile senior rate and get free data and text at all the ports, so we were able to check our messages from home.

It came out that we averaged $9.00 pp/per day (including the corkage charge) for alcohol, 14.50 for crew and $0 for wifi. Or $50 per day for the 2 of us. We drank as much as we wanted and saved a total of $300 by going a la carte.

That being said, some of our friends had the Princess Plus package for that cruise and Princess definitely lost money on them. So Princess Plus may be better for you or it may not be. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sailaweigh said:

Just getting off the Enchanted Princess without the drink package, I crunched some numbers.

We are elite, so we get the bar set up which we switch to all beer (10 beers) and 10 waters. We can't drink a whole lot.

I brought 6 bottles of wine onto the ship, paying $60 corkage fee (2 bottles no charge). All six bottles were previously gifted to us.

Most days, I would have a glass of wine and my hubby would have a beer on the balcony for pre-Happy Hour. Then we would go to the Elite lounge for 1-2 beers or ciders. At dinner, we shared one of the bottles of wine that we brought aboard. We both only drink 1 glass of wine with dinner, so the 4 bottles lasted the 10 days.

As far as internet goes, we have the Tmobile senior rate and get free data and text at all the ports, so we were able to check our messages from home.

It came out that we averaged $9.00 pp/per day (including the corkage charge) for alcohol, 14.50 for crew and $0 for wifi. Or $50 per day for the 2 of us. We drank as much as we wanted and saved a total of $300 by going a la carte.

That being said, some of our friends had the Princess Plus package for that cruise and Princess definitely lost money on them. So Princess Plus may be better for you or it may not be. 

Does anyone know what is the smoking deck.

On 1/9/2022 at 7:28 PM, BillK400 said:

Nice to know they are providing upgraded masks. Makes everyone a little safer onboard. We have already secured enough KN95 for our 20 day cruise starting 1/19, but for those that haven't gotten them yet they are not easy to find and the cost has sky rocketed!.

Be interesting to know the passenger count when available and any cancelled ports.

Thanks for your "reporting"!!

We are using the regular disposable but are double masking. Bringing lots of extras 🙂

On 1/9/2022 at 9:57 PM, hllwdcruiser said:

@Jadn13If you have the time, would you mind checking what cabins on Dolphin are being used for quarantine?

As illogical as it may seem, different reports indicate that they may not be using the same block of cabins for each journey. 

I think they may be blocked off mid ship on Port side - easy to tell by the closed fire doors and restricted access.

If you don't have the time nor inclination, no worries - but if you find yourself with a few moments looking for something to do, this info will be greatly appreciated!

On the 2/8 sailing, Caribe starboard is going to be closed. I know as we were moved

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sailaweigh said:

We also have T Mobile for the first time cruising. 

I'm happy to hear that you could text at various ports. 

Did you happen to make any calls to home from the Caribbean?

• Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 12:49 PM, cyndyga said:

On the deck plans it looks like there are 4 exits to rooms at the mid stairs and elevators if I'm looking correctly...are all the doors shut? Just trying to decide if I should just move to a different deck entirely. My cabin is D410 right now which I chose for big balcony and mid ship elevators... i don't sail until March so things could be different so might just roll the dice and if mid is unavailable and covid rooms are too close move once onboard?

Don't change your cabin because the quarantine deck seems to change between sailings.  We lost our cabin on the Caribe deck. 

• Like 1