Enchanted 1/9-1/29-Updates/Questions

Jadn13

1 hour ago, diane.in.ny said:

On the 2/8 sailing, Caribe starboard is going to be closed. I know as we were moved

We were also going to be on the Caribe deck (starboard) & they wanted to move us to the back of the ship.

We settled for port side Caribe deck + we now don't have to relocate cabins during a B2B.

On 1/10/2022 at 5:19 PM, Jadn13 said:

When you enter the panorama and surrounding, elevators floor 9 isn’t even an option since it’s being used for quarantine.. We are moving to Dolphin deck on the next cruise and realized we’ll be using the aft elevators. 

A1C0D4BF-388F-4FD2-B4DC-58F3527FBC08.jpeg

During at least one of our sailings we will be on a quarantine deck. Guess we need to look at this positively if we have to use the aft elevators ... we are sailing and we are getting more exercise  🙂

4 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

We were also going to be on the Caribe deck (starboard) & they wanted to move us to the back of the ship.

We settled for port side Caribe deck + we now don't have to relocate cabins during a B2B.

We had the same cabin for b2b with one of the extended balconies. They wanted to move us to a regular balcony. Now we are port side with extended balcony, but will have to change cabins. No big deal. Only 2 cabins away.

9 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

We also have T Mobile for the first time cruising. 

I'm happy to hear that you could text at various ports. 

Did you happen to make any calls to home from the Caribbean?

We’ve had T-Mobile for years and love it when we are cruising. So far every port we’ve been to we’ve used our phones for text and data and the service is great. Love not having extra charges like we used to get with AT&T. We haven’t made calls back to the US as they do charge a per minute fee for calls. We just text.

On 1/10/2022 at 1:25 PM, Got Wine said:

I got off Enchanted yesterday and, based on some of the questions,  I thought I would share some of what I experienced...

OVERALL:  I'm feeling very grateful.  We had a wonderful trip! We stopped at every island as planned.  It was above and beyond our expectations.  I can't stress enough how everyone on the crew was nothing but kind, accommodating, and doing their best to make sure we had a great experience, despite the challenging circumstances.  And when I say 'challenging', in my opinion, it's not about me having to wear a mask or not knowing exactly how many positive cases are onboard (which I think is fundamentally impossible).  Challenging is what the crew goes thru, mostly behind the scenes,  to make sure the passengers are as safe as possible.  Without getting on a soap box, my hope is that if you decide to cruise, you can... be kind, be considerate, be respectful, be understanding.  We know very little about what others are going thru.

NEG TEST:  we took a PCR test 2 days prior and didn't get results before getting to the ship.  We were directed to a door, not far from the boarding area, for a free (we showed proof we hadn't gotten results) test.   Super easy and quick.   

CABIN UPGRADE:  I went to Guest Services as soon as I got onboard to get on the list for a paid upgrade.  I was told it would be at least 40 hours before (the main office) would release the cabins to process the upgrades.  Day 3, I checked again and my timing was fortunate..  I was able to go from an Aft Balcony to a Vista Suite, for $120/day ($60 per person) for a total of $840 for the remaining 7 days.  

EXPECTATIONS:  If you've been a cruiser, you might have certain expectations.  Keep an open mind and pack your patience.  It's likely you'll wait at the buffet for assistance.  It's possible you won't see your favorite activity on the schedule.  We packed books and games and REALLY enjoyed...no lines getting on and off the ship, being able to sit side-by-side at the dinner table as there was plenty of space,  being able to attend a Winemakers dinner, an open lounger by the pool at 10am on a sea day...and the list goes on.  I was told capacity was ~ 38%.

PORTS:  I feel incredibly lucky that we could stop at every island we were scheduled for.  Most places required a temperature check and/or hand sanitation. Taxi drivers asked us to hold out our hands for a squirt.  Some places gave us a wrist band to wear.  Masks were required and nearly every local we saw (adult, children) was wearing a mask.  The only place we took off our masks was at the beach.  Not a big deal and it made sense. 

EXCURSIONS:  I rarely book a ship excursion and was happy I could continue that plan and get off at each port.  Most islands offered plenty of opportunity for tours and taxis.

I know things are changing on a daily basis, so it's awesome that people are posting live updates.  I also feel like so much of what's in the news and social boards about cruising seems a bit dramatic and fear-based.   If you are debating, use common sense, try and stick with facts (if possible) and go with your gut.   The book I was reading on the cruise had a meaningful quote...."It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."  (Henry David Thoreau)

thank you for this

so glad  you were able to get off at each port

4 minutes ago, diane.in.ny said:

We had the same cabin for b2b with one of the extended balconies. They wanted to move us to a regular balcony. Now we are port side with extended balcony, but will have to change cabins. No big deal. Only 2 cabins away.

We're doing a B2B2B and had to move once but now they managed to relocate us so we won't move at all. It's tough to find book the same cabin for 3 cruises & not move. 

Not I mind, but it is inconvenient especially when my husband always goes back to the car during layovers. Once I get settled in I hate to disrupt things even if it's a mirror image change. 

2 hours ago, Sailaweigh said:

Just getting off the Enchanted Princess without the drink package, I crunched some numbers.

We are elite, so we get the bar set up which we switch to all beer (10 beers) and 10 waters. We can't drink a whole lot.

I brought 6 bottles of wine onto the ship, paying $60 corkage fee (2 bottles no charge). All six bottles were previously gifted to us.

Most days, I would have a glass of wine and my hubby would have a beer on the balcony for pre-Happy Hour. Then we would go to the Elite lounge for 1-2 beers or ciders. At dinner, we shared one of the bottles of wine that we brought aboard. We both only drink 1 glass of wine with dinner, so the 4 bottles lasted the 10 days.

As far as internet goes, we have the Tmobile senior rate and get free data and text at all the ports, so we were able to check our messages from home.

It came out that we averaged $9.00 pp/per day (including the corkage charge) for alcohol, 14.50 for crew and $0 for wifi. Or $50 per day for the 2 of us. We drank as much as we wanted and saved a total of $300 by going a la carte.

That being said, some of our friends had the Princess Plus package for that cruise and Princess definitely lost money on them. So Princess Plus may be better for you or it may not be. 

It helps that you are Elite, and they gave you a break on the corkage fees (which is now $20.00 per bottle).  We also have internet with or phone WHEN IN PORT, but not on the ship which is where we use it... especially if we have to wade our way through a properly proctored Covid test while on the ship before disembarkation.

Otherwise, the math typically works well for most for just the basics as in my math model.

23 minutes ago, diane.in.ny said:

I have heard that people really like the extended balconies. What did you think?

On 1/17/2022 at 6:41 AM, Jadn13 said:

-I brought two self tests with me to actually test the day prior(I don’t like surprises)

-We are packing up before we test, (we change cabins)

-If you test positive someone will pack for you.

-Asymptomatic people are currently quarantined.

-Positive asymptomatic people will not be able to continue and have to leave.

Good idea to bring self tests with you.

We are also changing cabins and were told you pack drawers and bathroom, take safe and med stuffs with you, and the rest in the closet will be moved, along with your suitcases.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nini said:

I have heard that people really like the extended balconies. What did you think?

Not Diane- but the extended balconies are great as long as you don't care about looking down to see people walking or eating on the deck below. Usually not that many people.

On 1/18/2022 at 1:42 PM, dwhogan27 said:

CVS has a disclaimer on the rapid test that it may not be acceptable for some travel. Does anyone know for sure that the CVS rapid test is acceptable for Princess?

Also as warning, we made appointments at CVS for antigens and they cancelled on us just hours before stating "our equipment is down", which I translated as we ran out of tests. We were left scrambling to find a place to test us on a very short notice. From then on, we have been using the proctored home tests because we don't have to worry anymore. 

On 1/19/2022 at 11:06 PM, Kmkub said:

We have been on three new Princess ships (shortly after put into service.) This is much nicer than bothThe Royal and Regal. The balcony size is a great improvement.

I've been on both the Regal and the Royal. The balconies on the Enchanted are larger???

On 1/20/2022 at 1:03 PM, MissP22 said:

Normally eating with others might be fine but I'm not taking any chances next cruise.

We'll be eating at a table for 2 only to minimize any contact with anyone. 

We will be doing the same.  Our daughter and SIL are joining us on the second leg so we will be switching to a table for 4.

6 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Are they ever going to lose money with us next trip with the Princess Plus package. 🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹 🤪

Oh yes - I almost hit the 15 drink limit upon my Oct cruise, was at Great Spirits & ordered a double for a nightcap, told me I only had 2 drinks left, I couldn't muster the fortitude (having my head in shame).

Then again, I remember reading somewhere on CC a post by a fellow that was ordering doubles straight up, he took them back to his room & was filling a bottle. He "proudly" said he left the ship with more Booz than he brought on, what a tool. LOL. Of course, I doubt he brought any on....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sailaweigh said:

Just getting off the Enchanted Princess without the drink package, I crunched some numbers.

We are elite, so we get the bar set up which we switch to all beer (10 beers) and 10 waters. We can't drink a whole lot.

We are also Elite and will swap out the bar setup.  I didn't know you could get beer and water. I thought it had to be all non-alcoholic.  So that opens a couple of questions for me maybe someone can answer. 

Can you specify which beer?

Can you specify how much water, how much beer, how much soda?

1 minute ago, diane.in.ny said:

We are also Elite and will swap out the bar setup.  I didn't know you could get beer and water. I thought it had to be all non-alcoholic.  So that opens a couple of questions for me maybe someone can answer. 

Can you specify which beer?

Can you specify how much water, how much beer, how much soda?

Swap out alcohol for alcohol (beer for beer, spirits for spirits and non-alcohol for non-alcohol)

I have been following this thread and reviewing the Patters.  I would appear that there have not been any production shows in Princess Theatre.  But when I reviewed the Patters from the Live From Enchanted Princess thread for the 11/10 sailing, they did show the Rock Opera production number.

Perhaps the cast has been depleted by quarantining since then?  Does anyone have any insight on this?