Enchanted 1/9-1/29-Updates/Questions

Jadn13

8 minutes ago, QuilterGirl said:

We are on the Enchanted currently and are continuing on the next cruise.  We had our Covid tests this morning in the Amalfi dining room; ours were scheduled for 8:30 AM.  (All the info needed was provided in a letter to our cabin yesterday.)  We were each given a sticker that the checking-in persons associated with our name, and a (sequentially-numbered) "water shuttle" ticket that allowed us to be called out in groups of 10 to get in the line for testing.  We sat in the dining room until our group of 10 was called to form a line at the back of the room.  There were two testing stations; the tester asked us to pull our masks down off our noses but leave them covering our mouths.  The tester did the nose-swabbing - very quick and easy.  Then we pulled up our masks and sanitized our hands on the way out .... and waited for a call within the half-hour with bad news.  No call - no bad news!  We'll be going around again!

Was there an option to select an earlier time for testing?

@MissP22 No, no option for selecting a time.  Our letter actually said 8:30-9:00, but we didn't know if it meant we could arrive anytime within that half-hour window, or that we should allow a half-hour for the whole procedure (as in, perhaps they would keep us there until our results were known).  Don't know if everyone who needed testing got the same time frame, but I'm thinking not, as the area we were seated in, in the dining room, was never very full.  We were told there are "300+" being tested.

23 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Hi All!

I think everyone did a great job of answering questions, if you still have a question we only have 2 sea days left so ask away! 

Hi Jadn13 -  If you don't mind a few questions-

1. How crowded have the pools been on your ship?

2. How busy is the basketball court (I have two teen basketball players that can't wait to get at this court)?

3. Are there many families with teenagers on board?

4. Does Princess offer pre-made PB&J sandwiches, called "Uncrustables?"  

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, Clark W Grismond said:

2. How busy is the basketball court (I have two teen basketball players that can't wait to get at this court)?

Thanks!

To save her the trip if she doesn't head topside aft much, anytime we have gone up for a walk, etc, the courts are not used all that much.  Shouldn't be an issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Clark W Grismond said:

Thanks!

1.The deck chairs seem to have been full but not over crowded.

2. The “sport court”  is multi purpose so it’s used for various activities throughout the day but anytime I went for a walk it was empty

3. Not many teens or kids currently on board, I have only seen a handful of kids.

4. PBJ is on the kids menu (room service) but not in a crustable form 

Edited by Jadn13
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Clark W Grismond said:

Thanks!

The main Lido deck pools have had very limited use. I’ve seen a max of three people at one time. The aft pool has been busier, but that’s adults only, I believe.

We have not seen the basketball court full. Remember the ship is only sailing at about 50% capacity.

We haven’t seen many under 21 at all. We figure it’s a 10 day right after Christmas school break, so we were anticipating a low number of kids.

PB&J is on the room service menu, but I have no idea what you mean by crushable.

I hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, prissy said:

Hi all….will someone from this thread continue to give daily reports?  I really appreciate the updates about the ports. We are sailing on the 18th and worried about not making all our stops. It does seem that the ship has Covid under control and I hope they continue to do so!🤞🤞🤞

Agree, that would be great for updates for the 1/29 cruise tomorrow! Also, it looks like there were NO production shows/ musicals on this current cruise, right? Maybe this 1/29 cruise will be better & have some shows besides the usual comedians & magic shows..thanks! Can't wait for our 2/28 cruise!! 😎

Big Al

@big al Concerning production shows/musicals, you are correct that there have been none (and no announcements concerning the reason why).  I will say that after having boarded in FLL on the 19th, early in the afternoon before we departed, I saw a "water shuttle" depart the ship and head out towards the Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam, which was just outside the breakwater area.  The shuttle's top deck was wall-to-wall full of mask-wearers.  I have to think it was our Enchanted crew members - likely including production cast members - being sent off to quarantine on a Carnival Corporation sister ship.  We later found the HAL ship departing with a destination of Miami.  Hoping that they will have completed quarantine and will be shuttle-ing back to us tomorrow!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, QuilterGirl said:

@big al Concerning production shows/musicals, you are correct that there have been none (and no announcements concerning the reason why).  I will say that after having boarded in FLL on the 19th, early in the afternoon before we departed, I saw a "water shuttle" depart the ship and head out towards the Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam, which was just outside the breakwater area.  The shuttle's top deck was wall-to-wall full of mask-wearers.  I have to think it was our Enchanted crew members - likely including production cast members - being sent off to quarantine on a Carnival Corporation sister ship.  We later found the HAL ship departing with a destination of Miami.  Hoping that they will have completed quarantine and will be shuttle-ing back to us tomorrow!

Did they say why there were no production shows? 

4 minutes ago, QuilterGirl said:

They did address it on The Wake Show. Yes, COVID related.  Due to a variety of delays for various reasons,  it took way too long to find replacement entertainment. 

• Thanks 2

We extra tipped our wait team tonight and while chatting we learned 2 things

1. Princess restructured and did away with the Asst Waiter position so they have just Junior Waiters now, which was a demotion for some.

2. Your Wait Team splits all tips evenly even if you tip one person more. We lost our initial waiter after 8 days and so tipped the Jr waiter more since he was with us longer but it’s all split evenly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Shared this on another thread but since it’s for the Enchanted, thought I would share here as well.

TV Inputs 

EEBE5770-8C00-45BE-89A0-92F916B8B03A.jpeg

90F4221A-2965-46CD-9324-244E8311BA1F.jpeg

09AF992C-0158-4457-AABF-3C4E49EB975B.jpeg

7EB89DBF-C9A6-42C1-8039-579CA513C709.jpeg

So, can you hook up a DVD player?  We will be on Enchanted next year for 40 days?  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Jadn13 said:

We extra tipped our wait team tonight and while chatting we learned 2 things

1. Princess restructured and did away with the Asst Waiter position so they have just Junior Waiters now, which was a demotion for some.

2. Your Wait Team splits all tips evenly even if you tip one person more. We lost our initial waiter after 8 days and so tipped the Jr waiter more since he was with us longer but it’s all split evenly. 

That makes sense with Princess doing away with the regular traditional dining (hopefully that’s only temporary), you can’t be guaranteed the same waiters so it seems only fair.  Thank you for posting, it’s been great to follow along. We’re boarding on Feb 8th. 😀

On 1/22/2022 at 4:12 PM, big al said:

Hi guys & gals..great post here..thanks for all the info..DW & I will be on the Enchantment 2/28..2 questions: 1 ) Is there any Latino music on board that you saw/ read?  and 2) Remind of me of when the 2 formal nights are- the 1st sea day ( Tuesday 3/2 for us..) and the 2nd to last night ( Tues. 3/8..) ??.. I think I may have read that somewhere..just want to verify..thanks!!

Big Al

Hi

Latino music is important to me, too.

We sailed on the Enchanted from 20 Dec to 9 Jan.  Unfortunately, there was nothing specifically Latino.  Nevertheless, the Zinger Trio often played Latino music - e.g. cha-cha, rumba, salsa.  The resident band 'Static' also played an occasional Latino hit.  Whilst I do love Latino music, I found the variety of entertainment was generally very good.

My tip to Princess would be that they should have a Latino band - there were some spare time slots in the Take 5 bar which could be used for this and it would be a nice venue for salsa, cha-cha, etc.

I think you are right regarding the formal nights, although they did change slightly when we were on board, due to it being the festive season.

Have a great cruise - I think you'll enjoy it!

• Thanks 1

On 1/18/2022 at 11:55 PM, dwhogan27 said:

Is there a trick to getting the security photo uploaded? It keeps saying 'something went wrong, try again later"

We had the same problem.  It won't accept any edited photos, so try again with a different original photo.  Hopefully, that will work.

2 hours ago, Casa_Nostra said:

We had the same problem.  It won't accept any edited photos, so try again with a different original photo.  Hopefully, that will work.

The app loaded our security photos from our last sailing. Our daughter had to upload the photos to Google photo then enter them into the app from there.

I will add my vote to giving this app minus one star.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Clark W Grismond said:

We will not discuss how I know what an Uncrustable is, nor how I, a childless adult, would know precisely what is on the Kids menu section of Ocean Now.  

That said:  someone who likes Uncrustables will very much like the PB&J on Princess.  By default, all room service sandwiches come with the crusts cut off.  While this doesn’t solve for the delicious tidiness of the PB&J Raviolo that is the genuine Uncrustable, it’s still pretty darn nice to have someone make you a fresh PB&J on demand.   

note that if one phones, there are more jam options.  I’m an apricot fan m’self. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, FawnRiver said:

That makes sense with Princess doing away with the regular traditional dining (hopefully that’s only temporary), you can’t be guaranteed the same waiters so it seems only fair.  Thank you for posting, it’s been great to follow along. We’re boarding on Feb 8th. 😀

They have not done away with TD - you just have to work harder to get it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Is the split only among the waitstaff for your table the night you tip, or is it split will everyone in that dining room?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Casa_Nostra said:

Nothing worked, but got a call from Princess asking what they could do to expedite the checkin. We told them the issues with the app, and they found a way around the problems. We're back in the green lane!!

3 hours ago, caribill said:

Is the split only among the waitstaff for your table the night you tip, or is it split will everyone in that dining room?

The waitstaff for your table. 
We had the same table/time/staff each night 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Casa_Nostra said:

Hi

Latino music is important to me, too.

We sailed on the Enchanted from 20 Dec to 9 Jan.  Unfortunately, there was nothing specifically Latino.  Nevertheless, the Zinger Trio often played Latino music - e.g. cha-cha, rumba, salsa.  The resident band 'Static' also played an occasional Latino hit.  Whilst I do love Latino music, I found the variety of entertainment was generally very good.

My tip to Princess would be that they should have a Latino band - there were some spare time slots in the Take 5 bar which could be used for this and it would be a nice venue for salsa, cha-cha, etc.

I think you are right regarding the formal nights, although they did change slightly when we were on board, due to it being the festive season.

Have a great cruise - I think you'll enjoy it!

My wife is from Peru , and loves latino music..on Royal Caribbean, they have a lounge called "Boleros" dedicated to latin music..live bands & a DJ play into the late night..on the Oasis ships, it's amazing..on the NCL Getaway, they have a show called "Burn The Floor", which was and still is, IMO, the best dance show I've ever seen on a cruise ship, maybe anywhere..simply phenomenal...thanks for the info!

Big Al