Enchanted 1/9-1/29-Updates/Questions

Jadn13

On 1/10/2022 at 1:25 PM, rnelson678 said:

I got off Enchanted yesterday and, based on some of the questions,  I thought I would share some of what I experienced...

OVERALL:  I'm feeling very grateful.  We had a wonderful trip! We stopped at every island as planned.  It was above and beyond our expectations.  I can't stress enough how everyone on the crew was nothing but kind, accommodating, and doing their best to make sure we had a great experience, despite the challenging circumstances.  And when I say 'challenging', in my opinion, it's not about me having to wear a mask or not knowing exactly how many positive cases are onboard (which I think is fundamentally impossible).  Challenging is what the crew goes thru, mostly behind the scenes,  to make sure the passengers are as safe as possible.  Without getting on a soap box, my hope is that if you decide to cruise, you can... be kind, be considerate, be respectful, be understanding.  We know very little about what others are going thru.

NEG TEST:  we took a PCR test 2 days prior and didn't get results before getting to the ship.  We were directed to a door, not far from the boarding area, for a free (we showed proof we hadn't gotten results) test.   Super easy and quick.   

CABIN UPGRADE:  I went to Guest Services as soon as I got onboard to get on the list for a paid upgrade.  I was told it would be at least 40 hours before (the main office) would release the cabins to process the upgrades.  Day 3, I checked again and my timing was fortunate..  I was able to go from an Aft Balcony to a Vista Suite, for $120/day ($60 per person) for a total of $840 for the remaining 7 days.  

EXPECTATIONS:  If you've been a cruiser, you might have certain expectations.  Keep an open mind and pack your patience.  It's likely you'll wait at the buffet for assistance.  It's possible you won't see your favorite activity on the schedule.  We packed books and games and REALLY enjoyed...no lines getting on and off the ship, being able to sit side-by-side at the dinner table as there was plenty of space,  being able to attend a Winemakers dinner, an open lounger by the pool at 10am on a sea day...and the list goes on.  I was told capacity was ~ 38%.

PORTS:  I feel incredibly lucky that we could stop at every island we were scheduled for.  Most places required a temperature check and/or hand sanitation. Taxi drivers asked us to hold out our hands for a squirt.  Some places gave us a wrist band to wear.  Masks were required and nearly every local we saw (adult, children) was wearing a mask.  The only place we took off our masks was at the beach.  Not a big deal and it made sense. 

EXCURSIONS:  I rarely book a ship excursion and was happy I could continue that plan and get off at each port.  Most islands offered plenty of opportunity for tours and taxis.

I know things are changing on a daily basis, so it's awesome that people are posting live updates.  I also feel like so much of what's in the news and social boards about cruising seems a bit dramatic and fear-based.   If you are debating, use common sense, try and stick with facts (if possible) and go with your gut.   The book I was reading on the cruise had a meaningful quote...."It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."  (Henry David Thoreau)

Hi, could you post the vista suite number and take photos of the room and balcony.  Wondering if the balcony is covered or if people can see you from up above or down below.  Thanks!

5 hours ago, mellon1 said:

Hi, could you post the vista suite number and take photos of the room and balcony.  Wondering if the balcony is covered or if people can see you from up above or down below.  Thanks!

Room was S112.  There is an overhang from the deck above (deck #18) which is the upper deck of The Retreat.  There are glass walls surrounding that deck area, so even if the deck wasn’t overhanging, no one can look over.   I was actually surprised how few public areas there were (on the whole ship) to look over a deck railing.  BA3E4A3E-9F9A-4916-81B1-D02907A0060F.thumb.jpeg.b9017b3a83d9e31e6445da51aaa70b10.jpeg

On 1/10/2022 at 8:25 AM, Jadn13 said:

-This morning Inquired  at the desk about the upgraded stateroom amenities for elite and was told that per CDC rules the aren’t allowed to provide them 

I find that hard to believe.

I would like to know what CDC rule says that.

If they can put drinking glasses in the bathroom, can put toilet paper in the bathroom and put soap (of any kind) in the bathroom, I do not see why other bathroom items cannot also be provided.

These upgraded amenities are supposed to be what full suite passengers always get. Are the full suites still getting them? To be consistent with what Princess says are CDC rules, full suites should not get them either.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, caribill said:

If they can put drinking glasses in the bathroom, can put toilet paper in the bathroom and put soap (of any kind) in the bathroom, I do not see why other bathroom items cannot also be provided.

These upgraded amenities are supposed to be what full suite passengers always get. Are the full suites still getting them? To be consistent with what Princess says are CDC rules, full suites should not get them either.

On the Nov 28 Caribbean Princess, we received an emery board and a round loofah in a folded wash cloth and ended up with 5 round bars of soap.  On the December Enchanted Princess b2b, we only had liquid hand soap by the sink and received the gold mesh bag filled with goodies on both cruises.   We preferred having the liquid hand soap vs the little round bars.

• Like 2

Thank you for being willing to report!  I am booked on the 29 January sailing, and have two questions, if you would be willing to answer:

Do they allow the breakfast room service that we can usually order on the door card?

Are there any restrictions to the Sanctuary and gym, including the stone beds and saunas?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lagorsuch said:

Thank you for being willing to report!  I am booked on the 29 January sailing, and have two questions, if you would be willing to answer:

Do they allow the breakfast room service that we can usually order on the door card?

Are there any restrictions to the Sanctuary and gym, including the stone beds and saunas?

Yes, breakfast delivery still through the card you put on the door at night.

I was in the gym on the second day, some people worked out with masks and some didn’t. As for equipment every other treadmill is blocked off to keep space. Extra sanitation in the gym as well.
I’ll try to look into the saunas and stone beds 

23 minutes ago, algriff said:

We are on the Feb 18 sailing on the Enchanted.  What happens if the ship gets to a port and we cannot go ashore because of Covid.  What does the ship do just stay there tied up for a day or what??

Unsure, some reports of docking and some reports of leaving early to travel to the next destination. 

54 minutes ago, Crystal_ said:

Where do you find a list of port authorized tours?

I asked on crew chat here is the response. Seems you need to explore that option through each port and their office. (Tourism Bureau  for each could help you out) 

BA2489D4-BDD8-420F-A394-3BDD40816274.jpeg

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, caribill said:

Update: 2 Loofahs, 2 Emory Boards and 2  Shower Caps have shown up in our stateroom (They Tried 😃)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rnelson678 said:

Room was S112.  There is an overhang from the deck above (deck #18) which is the upper deck of The Retreat.  There are glass walls surrounding that deck area, so even if the deck wasn’t overhanging, no one can look over.   I was actually surprised how few public areas there were (on the whole ship) to look over a deck railing.  BA3E4A3E-9F9A-4916-81B1-D02907A0060F.thumb.jpeg.b9017b3a83d9e31e6445da51aaa70b10.jpeg

Thank you.  It looks like it is fully covered and no one below either!  About how big do you think the balcony is? 5 x 9??

15 hours ago, rnelson678 said:

I just looked and saw that it at the front of the ship.  Is it windy up there on sea days?  My BIL said they stayed in a suite at the front and it was not usable when the ship was at sea as it is too windy.    Any pictures of the inside of the room?  Wondering if there is a separate bedroom with balcony doors too?  Thanks.  Sorry for all the questions.  Loved the picture.

3 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

All cleared to visit Aruba today, other than the Freewinds (IYKYK) we are the only ship in port.

54805B10-8A60-4F2F-B0A9-9A1C765BDE4B.jpeg

this with my beautiful bride and a drink, makes my heart rate go down.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mellon1 said:

I just looked and saw that it at the front of the ship.  Is it windy up there on sea days?  My BIL said they stayed in a suite at the front and it was not usable when the ship was at sea as it is too windy.    Any pictures of the inside of the room?  Wondering if there is a separate bedroom with balcony doors too?  Thanks.  Sorry for all the questions.  Loved the picture.

No worries.  The cabin is nearly all the way forward, but it's still on the Port side of the ship so not directly facing forward.   I was surprised how little wind there was.  In fact, at night, we kept the door open and I would have liked a stronger breeze for sleeping.  A guess at the size is 5x12.  

Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos of the interior. (I'll ask DH)  But no, there wasn't a separate room.....just a square-sized room for the couch, coffee table, bed and desk.  Tons of closet space.  If I could afford the regular price, I would get this room again in a heartbeat.  Location was perfect.  

Here are a couple more photos from the balcony....

rainbow.jpg

sunset.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rnelson678 said:

No worries.  The cabin is nearly all the way forward, but it's still on the Port side of the ship so not directly facing forward.   I was surprised how little wind there was.  In fact, at night, we kept the door open and I would have liked a stronger breeze for sleeping.  A guess at the size is 5x12.  

Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos of the interior. (I'll ask DH)  But no, there wasn't a separate room.....just a square-sized room for the couch, coffee table, bed and desk.  Tons of closet space.  If I could afford the regular price, I would get this room again in a heartbeat.  Location was perfect.  

Here are a couple more photos from the balcony....

rainbow.jpg

sunset.jpg

Thank you so much for the info.  I will now have to check pricing!!  LOL  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, lagorsuch said:

We found on our October Majestic Princess cruise that ordering breakfast (or anything) from the App worked great! Every time we ordered something that way while in our cabin arrived in under 10 minutes.  Special coffee in the AM - in our cabin in under 10 minutes!!!!

• Like 2