Final Payment by TA 23,4 % higher

I booked our cruise with a TA. Now I got the invoice for the final payment and this was 23.4 % or $ 660 higher than the last invoice I got in November. I received the following answer to my complaint:

"After review of your reservation, I have been advised that your reservation was adjusted in November however the pricing was not reflected in the invoice sent at that time. Your pricing has been fixed and adjusted which reflects in the most recent invoice." 

I wrote to the TA that I cannot accept this as otherwise every final invoice could contain any amount to my disadvantage and insisted on the invoice. Despite several emails asking for an answer, no more reaction. Today I found out that the disputed amount was booked from my credit card without permission.

What should I do?

6 minutes ago, musikus1704 said:

I booked our cruise with a TA. Now I got the invoice for the final payment and this was 23.4 % or $ 660 higher than the last invoice I got in November. I received the following answer to my complaint:

"After review of your reservation, I have been advised that your reservation was adjusted in November however the pricing was not reflected in the invoice sent at that time. Your pricing has been fixed and adjusted which reflects in the most recent invoice." 

I wrote to the TA that I cannot accept this as otherwise every final invoice could contain any amount to my disadvantage and insisted on the invoice. Despite several emails asking for an answer, no more reaction. Today I found out that the disputed amount was booked from my credit card without permission.

What should I do?

Well, first you can challenge the charge on your CC but that would cancel your cruise if it's final payment time.  But, what they did is commit fraud and is illegal to charge your card without your permission.  Second, who was the card charged to, Royal or the TA?  Your original invoice should be the one they honor as it wasn't your mistake, but unfortunately you can't go directly to Royal since you have a TA.  If your invoice was "adjusted" they should have contacted you and given you a new invoice and the opportunity to figure it out.   Have you used this TA before?  Do you think this is their mistake or Royals?  Or maybe even the TA isn't entirely honest?

Edited by BND

I would think you could fight this.  If nothing else, you contact your CC and tell them it's an invalid charge.

However...

1) Bringing your CC into it I'm guessing would result on the TA cancelling your cruise.  You should get your money back, but that would be a small consolation IMO.

2) You could tell the TA it's unacceptable and fight them in small claims court or something, but the fight would probably take too long and you'd miss the cruise.

3) You can reach out to a 3rd party (lawyer, media, elliott.org) and see if they'll take up your case.  

Based on what you've posted, this is totally on the TA and they should honor the quote.  Make sure you go through ALL paperwork you have from them to make sure they don't have an "out".  

Did something happened in November?  Did you request a change the reservation (change cabin category or add a passenger or add prepaid gratuities, etc)?  If so, did the invoice pricing reflect the requested upon changes or was the November invoice price incorrect?  

My TA had to deal with a similar issue just before Christmas with our cruise. It was fully "resolved" as per Royal Caribbean. When my TA called back a few days later we found out that instead of the issue being resolved the reservation was instead completely cancelled. It took my TA over three hours and multiple phone calls to Royal Caribbean in order to resolve this mishap by Royal Caribbean and to reinstate our reservation. We did lose our original preferred cabin reservation.

After all that extra unpaid time and dedication by my TA over her holidays Royal Cancelled the Symphony sailings while offering no compensation for their actions (writing was on the wall weeks in advance). I now have to await many weeks before my FCC will show up and I'd be able to use it again.

My TA is unable to do anything without going through Royal Caribbean call centre, and after spending over two hours today on the phone with her being fed misleading statements and promises (all documented), she didn't get any further ahead.

My TA also informed me that my other fully-paid (documented) scheduled cruise in May now also shows an outstanding payment. This is an additional unpleasant situations that would require more time to be wasted on our end in order to make Royal Caribbean honour their part of their contract.

4 minutes ago, PatMunits said:

My TA also informed me that my other fully-paid (documented) scheduled cruise in May now also shows an outstanding payment. This is an additional unpleasant situations that would require more time to be wasted on our end in order to make Royal Caribbean honour their part of their contract.

this happened to quite a few of us over the last several months. We had to resolve it with RCI.

After final payment, we all of a sudden showed a balance due on our 1/22/22 sailing. Our TA called Royal Caribbean and after an hour or so, Royal said that our cruise was inadvertently repriced when some Bank of America (Royal Caribbean) Visa $$ was applied to the account.  They fixed it, but it was a goofy thing to say the least!