Spring 2022 Transatlantik missing from RCI website

5 minutes ago, Scottee25 said:

Thank you for the information! Do you have anything official (preferably in English) that confirms this is being dropped at midnight tonight? I would love to share that with Roll Call and FB groups I am in. My Google searches have turned up articles about it set to expire on February 9th, but nothing official that is it indeed expiring, and will actually be expiring 2 days early. I do believe you but I would like something official to share 🙂 

I wish I did because it would save my daughter, who is travelling home tomorrow for a visit, from having to get one. I've told her she's better to do it anyway because there's no guarantee the airline will have the updated information and I don't want to risk her being denied boarding. :classic_sad:

The change is being published in the Official Gazette today, which is why it takes effect from midnight tonight but, with it being Sunday today, it won't make it on to the websites of the official bodies until tomorrow at the earliest. I'll watch for it and post it as soon as it shows up.

Note that along with this, the window for testing for the unvaccinated has been reduced from 48 to 24 hours. These measures are in line with the recent EU recommendations.

56 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Good news , hope it stays for the summer. Our cruise in September stops in Lisbon and Madeira

Yes, fingers crossed. What cruise are you on in  September? We're on Anthem out of Southampton on the 23rd of September and that has stops in Lisbon and Madeira.

@Scottee25, I doubt it will be of much use to your FB group and roll calls since it's all in Portuguese, but anyway this is the link to the online edition of the Official Gazette:

https://dre.tretas.org/dre/4801632/resolucao-do-conselho-de-ministros-17-2022-de-6-de-fevereiro

The relevant parts are the 6th paragraph in the 2nd grey box, the sentence beginning with the word "Deixa..."

And right down at the very bottom of that same box, the sentence beginning with "3 - Determinar..."

48 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

@Scottee25, I doubt it will be of much use to your FB group and roll calls since it's all in Portuguese, but anyway this is the link to the online edition of the Official Gazette:

https://dre.tretas.org/dre/4801632/resolucao-do-conselho-de-ministros-17-2022-de-6-de-fevereiro

The relevant parts are the 6th paragraph in the 2nd grey box, the sentence beginning with the word "Deixa..."

And right down at the very bottom of that same box, the sentence beginning with "3 - Determinar..."

Thank you for sharing! Thankfully Google Translate can get the jest of the piece. Hoping that this is the sign that other countries will begin removing restrictions as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Yes, fingers crossed. What cruise are you on in  September? We're on Anthem out of Southampton on the 23rd of September and that has stops in Lisbon and Madeira.

We're getting off as you're getting on. You live in a lovely part of Portugal.  We've been to Lisbon before but Madeira will be a first 

14 minutes ago, sgmn said:

We're getting off as you're getting on. You live in a lovely part of Portugal.  We've been to Lisbon before but Madeira will be a first 

Right, that one was a bit too early for us as DH works in tourism.

Madeira is absolutely gorgeous. One of my top favourites. 

On 2/6/2022 at 10:23 AM, FionaMG said:

@yvonnedb, @Scottee25 and any others on the thread concerned about stops in Madeira or the Azores, just to let you know that the testing requirement for entry to Portugal for fully-vaccinated people is being dropped from midnight tonight, i.e. from 7 Feb it will no longer apply.

That's awesome! Maybe we'll start seeing progress with everything else. I'd love to have it easier to travel by May for sure.