Spring 2022 Transatlantik missing from RCI website

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, wonder why they would not sail with passengers?  Takes about 7-11 days to cross.  What would sailing empty accomplish as opposed to a 7 day Mediterranean cruise loaded up? 

22 minutes ago, ALD18 said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, wonder why they would not sail with passengers? 

In the COVID era it's obvious, but they had non-revenue TAs even before COVID. Repos are some of the lowest revenue generators and sometimes it's probably just easier to get it over with without passengers.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Actually no confirmation that these cruises are cancelled.  Just not on website.   I still am hopeful that we will sail.

Maybe you didn't understand what I quoted.  My response was to "Interested to see where any TA scheduled cancelled ships go. Continue with Caribbean routes?

"They will most likely transit with no passengers."  Meaning for those that do get cancelled, if any.

Edited by Another_Critic

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2022 at 4:55 PM, Biker19 said:

If scheduled in Europe, they'll still go, just without passengers.

Trying to find out which is the first spring 2022 TA that is going....

I know Wonder is on April 20th and it would be bad to do final and then find out that RC is cancelling for some reason on short notice!

So what's the first spring TA to go?

4 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

I know Wonder is on April 20th and it would be bad to do final and then find out that RC is cancelling for some reason on short notice!

The only TA currently on Royal's site is the 5/2 Anthem.   That being said we're booked on the Jewel scheduled for 4/29.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

The only TA currently on Royal's site is the 5/2 Anthem.   That being said we're booked on the Jewel scheduled for 4/29.

We're also booked on the Apr 29th sailing on Jewel and will be quite disappointed if it doesn't happen, but that's life. We're scheduled for a B2B, with leg 2 being a full charter. If that's still a go, we'll have to book a one-way flight which may be pricey at this date. (Can't use Air2Sea for charters.)

Anthem 5/2 is still on as of today - I had called to make some changes to our reservations & packages. If this gets cancelled, I'll be seriously upset. We were supposed to be on Harmony today, but husband tested positive earlier this week. Focusing on the TA has been the only thing getting me over missing out on the Harmony trip!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

I seem to remember Wonder being the first. Odyssey is next, scheduled for 23 April. Voyager should be doing the first European sailing of the season but is already over on this side of the pond.

Remember though, Anthem is the only ship that was due to be headed to the UK - where there are much less stringent COVID regulations and restrictions compared to the EU countries the other ships are headed to - could partly explain the difference 

2 hours ago, ukrccl_a said:

Remember though, Anthem is the only ship that was due to be headed to the UK - where there are much less stringent COVID regulations and restrictions compared to the EU countries the other ships are headed to - could partly explain the difference 

We are on the May 2 Anthem cruise and were relieved to see the relaxation of rules for England.  Apparently Spain and Netherlands/Denmark have relaxed rules as well.  However, the Anthem cruise is scheduled for France and the Azores.  France had/has some sort of mandate in place requiring vaccination paperwork to be converted into their format before entering.  Would be very time consuming to convert unless passengers were exempt from the change.  Seems like things are still a go to France however, as shore excursions still showing and being booked.  But, Azores has shown nothing in regards to shore excursions since we booked back before Xmas.  Apparently they are dependant on Portuguese regulations and little is known how that is affecting stop over there yet.  Monitoring that situation for changes, but time is ticking in regards if RCL goes in, goes someplace else, or adds a sea day to bypass.  Continuing to monitor........ 

• Like 1

I was told to keep checking back about the Azores because there's no information yet, code for "we have no freaking idea what'll happen". Luckily this wasn't intended to be a sightseeing trip for us, so I'm ok with it either way, but I feel bad for those who did want to specifically go there & are being held up by the indecision by either port or company or both.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, yvonnedb said:

I was told to keep checking back about the Azores because there's no information yet, code for "we have no freaking idea what'll happen". Luckily this wasn't intended to be a sightseeing trip for us, so I'm ok with it either way, but I feel bad for those who did want to specifically go there & are being held up by the indecision by either port or company or both.

The Covid requirements to enter the Azores are likely to change within the next couple of weeks. The current measures are due to expire on the 9th of February. It's possible it could happen sooner given the EU's recommendation that member states lift testing requirements for vaccinated travellers from the 1st of February. However, we had a general election here yesterday so it will likely take a few days for the new government to get itself sorted out and start actually doing anything.

My guess is that Royal is in "wait and see" mode as we're still three months away.

Edited by FionaMG
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, ALD18 said:

Gosh FionaMG must be nice to have a government that can sort itself out in a few days😀😀

Ordinarily they wouldn't but it was the incumbent who won this time around with an outright majority, so they have no excuse not to get all their ducks in a row in double-quick time!

My daughter is due to visit from the UK in a week's time; I would so like them to remove the testing requirement before then... 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, yvonnedb said:

Just fyi for the 5/2 TA - they released the Azores excursions tonight. 😊 Gonna see me some dolphins and whales, although I'll probably be hopped up on a million meds to do it!

Thank you for posting!  Booking one now!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

@yvonnedb, @Scottee25 and any others on the thread concerned about stops in Madeira or the Azores, just to let you know that the testing requirement for entry to Portugal for fully-vaccinated people is being dropped from midnight tonight, i.e. from 7 Feb it will no longer apply.

Good news , hope it stays for the summer. Our cruise in September stops in Lisbon and Madeira

39 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

@yvonnedb, @Scottee25 and any others on the thread concerned about stops in Madeira or the Azores, just to let you know that the testing requirement for entry to Portugal for fully-vaccinated people is being dropped from midnight tonight, i.e. from 7 Feb it will no longer apply.

Thank you for the information! Do you have anything official (preferably in English) that confirms this is being dropped at midnight tonight? I would love to share that with Roll Call and FB groups I am in. My Google searches have turned up articles about it set to expire on February 9th, but nothing official that is it indeed expiring, and will actually be expiring 2 days early. I do believe you but I would like something official to share 🙂