2024 Asia cruise release date.

Busy Mum

Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you O cruisers could advise me when to I could expect the release date of the Asian 2024 cruises? I’m particularly interested in March/April 2024 in & around Japan, in fact anywhere in the Asia region. Thanks for any input you can give me.

Stay safe & well.

Vicki. 😀

23 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Due out in April is my understanding. Hopefully you will get some awesome itineraries to choose from. 
Mauibabes 

Thank you so very much mauibabes, I’ll keep an eye out in April. I very much appreciate your reply. 😀

I know 24 is a couple of years from now, BUT, is any cruise line currently sailing into this area? 

18 months or so ago most of us thought things would be back to normal by now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORV said:

I know 24 is a couple of years from now, BUT, is any cruise line currently sailing into this area? 

As far as I’m aware there are no ships currently sailing in Asia. 😩😩

I am hearing Asia in 2022 is in jeopardy if Covid continues as is. Picking a sailing in 2024 is a good safe bet, especially if you can do it with an On Board Booking swap where you have a very small deposit.  If not an On Board Booking available to swap, the standard deposit is not onerous. 

Good Luck,

Mauibabes

• Like 2

On 1/21/2022 at 7:38 PM, ORV said:

Orv...... there is a lot of geo-political tension in the region from Burma, Thailand , China and Korea  sanctions and  unrest stuff       I'd be very surprised to see  a lot of China ports....    The virus may be winding down  but other tensions are winding up........    I think I will stick with Europe  for the future

• Like 2

The cruise lines are all hemorrhaging cash. Come April, when late 2023 to mid 2024 itineraries are released, a lot of cruisers are going to be watching to see how much the NCLH fleet is actually sailing before they put anymore monies down and at risk. This is not peculiar to NCLH but also with the other lines. 

I would add that if most all of the fleets aren’t sailing by June, look for massive cruise cancellations by the cruisers. The party will be over.

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

The cruise lines are all hemorrhaging cash. Come April, when late 2023 to mid 2024 itineraries are released, a lot of cruisers are going to be watching to see how much the NCLH fleet is actually sailing before they put anymore monies down and at risk. This is not peculiar to NCLH but also with the other lines. 

I would add that if most all of the fleets aren’t sailing by June, look for massive cruise cancellations by the cruisers. The party will be over.

Well.....I  think we are all suffering from what would be Post Trematic flu panic.   England and Netherlands are opening up...   I have put down serious money on  late august and late September.22    Once people realize this is an endemic part of life  like taxes and  elections, people will get back to their routines... Cruising foremost.   I will...

People, I think are "gun shy" from the past.    I feel spring 22 will bear fruit for all of us..   One asks how long  can you hide in the basement before you decide its worse in the basement than living life outside.  Fear now becomes our great adversary... and the only way to deal with fear is meet it head on.    You and I have faced greater dangers in our lives and we are still here....   The sun will rise .... it is  time to saddle up and move out ..

Edited by Hawaiidan
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, mauibabes said:

I am hearing Asia in 2022 is in jeopardy if Covid continues as is. Picking a sailing in 2024 is a good safe bet, especially if you can do it with an On Board Booking swap where you have a very small deposit.  If not an On Board Booking available to swap, the standard deposit is not onerous. 

Good Luck,

Mauibabes

You got that right..... lots of  TENSION in the region.

Nice expression of bravery from some who have ventured forth. But a cruise, like all vacations, is supposed to be a carefree thing. Not one fraught with all kinds of gopher holes and sand traps for the person just seeking excellent food, good company, pleasant circumstances, relaxation, and a safe environment. The daunting fears of airline contamination on the flight over, testing, masks, skipped ports, contamination from ever changing crew, quarantining, illness and even death do not make for a relaxing experience most cruisers crave. I beg to differ, but this is not at all like taxes and elections Hawaiidan— whatever that letter term has to do with stressful and dangerous conditions in a confined environment  that can seriously  affect one's health. Dodging the bullet or even just coming down with a mild case makes one very lucky indeed, but is gambling with one's own health, and putting up with less than perfect  shipboard circumstances. The rest of  the world has many third world nations where cruise ships go, and crew comes from, that have far less stringent public health conditions generally, testing and hospitals. And as long as many people worldwide stay unvaccinated, even absent a new variant(s), danger lurks over the next wave.  Cruising under these conditions in the future is a flawed experience. It's not the carefree experience we all once had and cruise lines still advertise. Social distancing, continual testing, and masking just to have a fighting chance to stay safe are far from ideal. It's like having an obstructed view cabin. Cruise lines selling a flawed  travel product would normally charge less to get enough people interested to put down their guard and jump into the mosh pit. That is if the cruise industry stays afloat until then. But many are desperate for a bit of their old lives and willing to compromise.  Cruising is addictive. I get it— its just not for me right now. Maybe tomorrow, but not now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, brittany12 said:

Nice expression of bravery from some who have ventured forth. But a cruise, like all vacations, is supposed to be a carefree thing. Not one fraught with all kinds of gopher holes and sand traps for the person just seeking excellent food, good company, pleasant circumstances, relaxation, and a safe environment. The daunting fears of airline contamination on the flight over, testing, masks, skipped ports, contamination from ever changing crew, quarantining, illness and even death do not make for a relaxing experience most cruisers crave. I beg to differ, but this is not at all like taxes and elections Hawaiidan— whatever that letter term has to do with stressful and dangerous conditions in a confined environment  that can seriously  affect one's health. Dodging the bullet or even just coming down with a mild case makes one very lucky indeed, but is gambling with one's own health, and putting up with less than perfect  shipboard circumstances. The rest of  the world has many third world nations where cruise ships go, and crew comes from, that have far less stringent public health conditions generally, testing and hospitals. And as long as many people worldwide stay unvaccinated, even absent a new variant(s), danger lurks over the next wave.  Cruising under these conditions in the future is a flawed experience. It's not the carefree experience we all once had and cruise lines still advertise. Social distancing, continual testing, and masking just to have a fighting chance to stay safe are far from ideal. It's like having an obstructed view cabin. Cruise lines selling a flawed  travel product would normally charge less to get enough people interested to put down their guard and jump into the mosh pit. That is if the cruise industry stays afloat until then. But many are desperate for a bit of their old lives and willing to compromise.  Cruising is addictive. I get it— its just not for me right now. Maybe tomorrow, but not now.

Very well said, & who would know when we, here in Australia, can expect to see ANY cruise line down under! Would love to cruise but I cannot see that happening this year, for us at least. Stay safe & well everyone, and thanks for your input & thoughts. Vicki. 🙂

1 hour ago, brittany12 said:

Hey I have taken 8 flights... been to New Orleans, Santa Fe,   Salt lake, Houston.. Denver. Phoenix,   Meet with friends  go out to dinner... mingle... for the past 2 years.   Its not bravery kiddo it is just reality. based on my experience .. ................. 

However, I can not argue about your reality...because your  reality is , well your reality. and only you control that...    It is not mine to judge......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brittany12 said:

Nice expression of bravery from some who have ventured forth. But a cruise, like all vacations, is supposed to be a carefree thing. Not one fraught with all kinds of gopher holes and sand traps for the person just seeking excellent food, good company, pleasant circumstances, relaxation, and a safe environment.

If that's your deal-breaker, I don't know when cruising – or land vacations outside the US – will be possible for you.  Those of us who set our travel expectations based on the late 20th Century have to realize that that was a carefree bubble.  Travel in most of history has been fraught with gopher hoes and sand traps.  We have never gone back to pre-9/11 carefree air travel, and I doubt we will ever go back to pre-Covid travel in general.  It is what it is.

I have am now on my 4th cruise since September 2021.  All were fraught with Covid tests, various forms to fill out, and the risk of quarantine.  None of that happened, and I now have 4 more wonderful trips to add to my memories.  If I had stayed home until it was completely safe and sure, I would have ... bupkis.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

If that's your deal-breaker, I don't know when cruising – or land vacations outside the US – will be possible for you.  Those of us who set our travel expectations based on the late 20th Century have to realize that that was a carefree bubble.  Travel in most of history has been fraught with gopher hoes and sand traps.  We have never gone back to pre-9/11 carefree air travel, and I doubt we will ever go back to pre-Covid travel in general.  It is what it is.

I have am now on my 4th cruise since September 2021.  All were fraught with Covid tests, various forms to fill out, and the risk of quarantine.  None of that happened, and I now have 4 more wonderful trips to add to my memories.  If I had stayed home until it was completely safe and sure, I would have ... bupkis.

Not my issue at all. I cruised in Europe last summer and was supposed to have flown out today for Santiago, Chile for a now cancelled cruise. I currently have four (4) Oceania cruises booked over the next 18 months plus a river cruise.

My point is the cruise lines can’t survive with most of their ships sitting at dock or anchored in storage, with the ones sailing doing so at ~ 50% occupancy. They have to get their ships sailing quickly at or near full capacity so to meet their new debt burdens. If people aren’t willing to sail, that’s a problem. We’re all streaming upon a decision point in April on (1) how much more we want to put in the pot; and (2) do we need to pull out what we now have as deposits while we maybe can? 

A lot of people are watching Crystal to see what happens there. 

Rolling the dice is ok for some but not for a great many others. CFAR insurance is just part of the solution for those who feel uncomfortable getting on that ship at the last moment. Many up to now have not made that investment but wish they did.  But let's all recognize and call cruising today for what it is now and going forward unless the world is rid of Covid—cruising is a  flawed product. Some accept compromises and find that okay. On 45 former cruises—half after 9/11— I never felt that way before. They were all care-free vacations. Flawed products, if they survive, cannot continue to demand normal pricing. Cruise lines cannot survive with ships sailing half full, with half the fleet in the equivalent of mothballs and more coming-out of the shipyards.

• Like 1

Onboard the Marina in November, 2021 we found excellent food, good company, pleasant circumstances, relaxation, and a very safe environment. We were so pleased, we booked 7 new Oceania cruises for 2022 & 2023. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, brittany12 said:

Rolling the dice is ok for some but not for a great many others. CFAR insurance is just part of the solution for those who feel uncomfortable getting on that ship at the last moment. Many up to now have not made that investment but wish they did.  But let's all recognize and call cruising today for what it is now and going forward unless the world is rid of Covid—cruising is a  flawed product. Some accept compromises and find that okay. On 45 former cruises—half after 9/11— I never felt that way before. They were all care-free vacations. Flawed products, if they survive, cannot continue to demand normal pricing. Cruise lines cannot survive with ships sailing half full, with half the fleet in the equivalent of mothballs and more coming-out of the shipyards.

I disagree with your premise that cruising is a flawed product. I agree with host jazzbeau’s perspective.

I think we can agree to disagree, and I hope you can find a more productive way to spend your leisure hours.
Best wishes to you

If any naysayer's idea of a perfect vacation in the future is walking around with a face mask while onboard a ship all the time except when putting food and drink in one's mouth, not being able to share tables or an adjacent bar stool with other guests, always being in fear of catching Covid from another passenger or crew member, and on the flight over, or from a person on the street at my next port, of being worried from someone coughing at the next table or pool chair,  being restricted to what ports and destinations one can visit, and how to make  those visits,— sudden entire changes of itineraries— fear of being thrown off a ship or not being allowed to board once at dockside before initial embarking if tested positive, after flying thousands of miles, of being separated from a spouse onboard for five or ten days, of being pushed into a small cabin with no balcony and having food passed  through a slightly opened door by people wearing PPE, of constant testing to see if I can continue to enjoy the many thousands of dollars product I have paid for to enjoy myself in an unencumbered manner, or just unluckily catching a severe strain of Covid and dying after exposure, then good luck to you. That's the whole idea—to spend my leisure time in the most enjoyable, safest  way possible now and forevermore. Some find this true too life scenario about a damaged product acceptable. Those who wish to accept these product compromises can do so if they wish. If enough do, cruise lines will survive if they can escape bankruptcy. I wish from the bottom of my heart this was not true because I loved cruising, but facts are facts. I, too, have four future bookings, but I also took out CFAR. In my judgment, well worth the price and only way to go now with all the uncertainties. If my speaking truth offends you, I am sorry for you.

20 hours ago, Norseh2o said:

Onboard the Marina in November, 2021 we found excellent food, good company, pleasant circumstances, relaxation, and a very safe environment. We were so pleased, we booked 7 new Oceania cruises for 2022 & 2023. 

We were with you on Marina and agree with everything you said!!!

• Like 1