Coco Cay Boat Rental

Are there boats to rent (kayak, catamarans etc..) on Coco Cay?  Our cruise is in about 70 days and the website shows kayak and jetski tours for prebooking (almost sold out), but not the boats alone.  If they are available, will we be able to reserve them in advance?  I would like a catamaran or small sail boat if they have them.

Thanks

Have not rented a kayak on Coco Cay in years, but on Labadee they were available for rental outside of the tours. IIRC it was for half hour increments and was in the range of $15-$20 to rent. I would imagine the approach is similar on Coco Cay.

We've never seen cats or sail boats for rent on either private island.

Edited by orville99

28 minutes ago, Mooreland1999 said:

Are there boats to rent (kayak, catamarans etc..) on Coco Cay?  Our cruise is in about 70 days and the website shows kayak and jetski tours for prebooking (almost sold out), but not the boats alone.  If they are available, will we be able to reserve them in advance?  I would like a catamaran or small sail boat if they have them.

Thanks

I believe they are all tours....just cant go out on your own. I know defiantly you can't just take a wave runner on your own.

Thanks for the responses.  I've been getting mixed information.  I have seen pictures of small Catamarans on Coco Cay, and some posts here about them, but I think it was all before the renovation.  Most people, like SRF, say they haven't seen them.  I have also had seen mixed responses on these forums about the rental question.  Some say "yes" they do individual, hourly rentals, and some say no.  I'll see if I can a response directly from RCCL and see what they say.  

Edited by Mooreland1999

FYI, for those interested in why I am a bit confused, the RCCL website page for Coco Cay actually shows paddle boats and catamarans on south beach.  Unfortunately, this seems to be only marketing and the "real" information I get indicates they don't exist.  At the below link, you can scroll down to "explore other neighborhoods" and see the south beach photo with personal watercraft.

South Beach, Perfect Day at CocoCay | Royal Caribbean Cruises

• Haha 1

We've rented Kayaks and Paddle Boards in the past- pretty much every time we have been there.

Years ago, there were catamarans, but we've not seen them for some time.

Both can be rented by the hour or half hour.  The area you can go is somewhat limited between the two islands, but the area is large enough to take as long as you want.

4 hours ago, Mooreland1999 said:

Alfaeric- did you pre-book the kayak rental, or was it just walk-up, first come first-served?  

Walk up- so that we could do it when we felt like it.  I never remember a time where all of the kayaks were being used at the same time.

I have done the wave runners several times.

While it is follow the leader, it is NOT puttering along.  The leader will run full throttle.  And they stop every so often for the slower riders to catch up.  And will resort the order to move faster riders towards the front and slower towards the rear.

The stated reason for not allowing you to just ride on your own is due to many very shallow areas where even a wave runner could run aground.

We only did the kayaks once.  And it was a group thing.  But you could go at your own pace.  The leader would stop every so often to point out sea life.

Thanks again for all the answers.  Coco Cay is a bit of a conundrum for our group.  We are on a Caribbean cruise where 3/4 of the group doesn't like the beach and noone drinks.  Options are slightly limited.  We may try this thing people keep telling us about where you just lay around in the sun and relax.  Sounds difficult.