Watching the Oscars while on a cruise?

lschrage

Hi there-

We will be sailing the Mariner on 3/5. That night, the Oscars will be on. Is there any place that you can watch it on the ship? Would it be on TV in the rooms? It's sort of a corny tradition that we watch, and would love to catch it while we're on the cruise. If not, no big deal. But if we can, then that would be great.

You will probably be having a great time on the ship and won't even be thinking about them.

Besides why would anyone want to watch a bunch of pretentious Hollywood types patting themselves on the back and the usual boring speeches. lol:)

Have fun on your cruise and forget about tv for awhile

I don't know the answer to your question, but instead of criticizing your desire to watch the Oscars I'll offer some hope: on my Celebrity Summit cruise (Caribbean) in 2003 they showed the Oscars in the disco - the dj even had trivia contests during the commercials. A fairly small group attended, but it was great that they offered the telecast. As a big movie and cruising fan, I was quite pleased!

I was wondering the same thing. We're also leaving March 5th on the Explored and was very dissapointed when I heard the date for the adwards was 3-5. I never miss them and love the show. MY DH & I saw most of the movies this year as we always do and I just love to watch the awards. I never thought for a minute I'd get to see the show but now I have hope.

As far a taping it and watching it when we get home, I'd have no interest. If I can't see it live then I'll just have to call home from our first port and find out who won.

For all who answered thanks, I now have hope We'll get to se it. Thanks :)

I wonder if people would've told you you didn't need to watch TV if it had been the StupidBowl - I mean SUPERBOWL - instead of the Academy Awards! Since the Academy Awards are a once-a-year thing - like the SuperBowl - I would think the ship would accommodate people who want to see it.

I wonder if people would've told you you didn't need to watch TV if it had been the StupidBowl - I mean SUPERBOWL - instead of the Academy Awards! Since the Academy Awards are a once-a-year thing - like the SuperBowl - I would think the ship would accommodate people who want to see it.

Actually I refer to it as the Stupor Bowl, it's "usually" sooo boring.

My husband and I are crusing the week of April 1 and he wanted to know if the cruiseline would have the NCAA Championship Basketball Game available to watch and he called today (800-529-6918) and the gentleman he spoke to was very knowledgeable and able to answer his question... which was a yes. (It's on CBS, if this helps?) ;)

Angela

2 things - you can quite often get mini-newspapers onboard with short summaries of top news stories; this may provide some valuable info if they show isnt available.

I'd be happy to email a news story summarizing the winners to anyone who may be at sea. That will save you from having to search on the internet. Just let me know.

Archived