Free WI Fi at Nassau, or GSC ?

Beer Belly

Inside PC's cruise terminals, your devices will pickup a good & solid, free, WiFi signal but not onboard from the ship, not even on the balconies or outside/outdoor area, as it's too far away - cellular signal coverage is good, of course - especially facing the terminals (regardless whether it's docked starboard or port side while it's there).  Cellular signals (4G/LTE) being strongest for VZW, followed by AT&T and closely behind, T-Mobile ...

Nassau & GSC, we pickup either a reliable 3G or 4G/LTE signals from BTC (GSM carrier) and roaming not expensive for us - being on Google Fi (T-Mobile MNVO).  We also managed, on previous tender stops at GSC, pickup ship's WiFi signals ashore, on the beach area - which is a surprise & unexpected, YMMV - as the only explanation is that they directionally focused and beamed and/or relayed the satellite signals onto the island - if you have unlimited WiFi coverage onboard, you might be lucky should they maintained the setup & didn't change anything since our last visit in 2018. 

Why not download the content/music/video (pre-load ahead) and store it on your iPad/tablet/smartphone, etc. - then just play it back offline.  

P.S.  We should be at Nassau/GSC first, before you in a couple of weeks & should give your GA Roll Call a heads up ... stay tuned. 

Edited by mking8288

1 hour ago, Beer Belly said:

Just wondering if we should bring our little Bluetooth Speaker for some tunes. Is there free Wi Fi at the port in Port Canaveral also ?

No free wifi at GSC. And no one wants to enjoy your tunes with you, so ear buds vs. speakers are always preferable.

Always remember, there is no such thing as "free wifi" when in foreign ports. Identity thieves activity monitor the "free wifi" looking for  personal information, passwords, accounts, etc. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

Why not download the content/music/video (pre-load ahead) and store it on your iPad/tablet/smartphone, etc. - then just play it back offline.  

This is what I do...

38 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

ear buds

Also something I do.  IF I use a speaker I keep it as quiet as it can be while still hearing it

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

And no one wants to enjoy your tunes with you

Thank you for your opinion. If we do listen to tunes, it will not be blasting, just enough for the two of us to hear, as it is a small speaker and will be placed beteween our loungers, or inside our Villa on GSC, and we do ask those near us if they can hear it, or mind the music, I've had people in the recent past actually ask to turn it up a bit, if they do express a dislike, we have no problem turning it off, or down to an acceptable level to not cause an issue for others.