REMINDER - ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK YOUR HOTEL RATES!

Froufie

I know we sometimes feel we got a great deal - or maybe paid too much?  LOL.

Just a reminder to check your hotel room rates.  I booked a post-cruise room last month and last night was just fooling around, checking the lastest reviews on tripadvisor and noticed that the $$ seemed lower (when I put in my dates)..hmmm??

I did book directly with the hotel on their website (loyalty member) so off I went to check and yes the price for same night/same room was about $30 US less!  So cancelled original booking and rebooked at new/lower rate....$30 in my pocket now!  (good for the taxi ride over? maybe towards our dinner?  who knows!).

So even if you got a 'bargain' doesn't hurt to keep checking right up until your cruise date! 🙂

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Definitely check rates periodically on anything you have booked — cruises, hotels, etc.  I calendar these things so I won’t forget. I just saved about $130 on a hotel reservation we have in London in the fall. 

If you have plane reservations, also check the flight details periodically.  Not only is the type of plane sometimes switched out, but your carefully chosen seats may be switched too, and some airlines will never notify you of this. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Definitely check rates periodically on anything you have booked — cruises, hotels, etc.  I calendar these things so I won’t forget. I just saved about $130 on a hotel reservation we have in London in the fall. 

If you have plane reservations, also check the flight details periodically.  Not only is the type of plane sometimes switched out, but your carefully chosen seats may be switched too, and some airlines will never notify you of this. 

I had rented a room for 7 nights on high floor at the Renaissance in late Nov. for about 1550.00, a week later I checked rates and rebooked  for 575.60 including taxes, it pays to keep checking!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/7/2022 at 12:22 AM, Turtles06 said:

I agree about the airlines. I check my arrangements with Delta and they have changed twice. Nothing major but it took 2 days to get an email telling about the changes.

8 minutes ago, kenb said:

I agree about the airlines. I check my arrangements with Delta and they have changed twice. Nothing major but it took 2 days to get an email telling about the changes.

United doesn’t even send out emails on stuff like this.  ☹️

• 2 weeks later...

I recommend making the new booking before canceling the old booking, just in case something goes wrong and you can't really get the lower rate. 

When you cancel be careful you cancel the correct booking number since you'll have two bookings. 

I have done this several times with rental cars. Be careful here, if you have a prepaid rental there is a fee to cancel the reservation so make sure your savings are greater than that fee. Or don't use prepaid bookings. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good tip - and yes- I always book NEW rate before cancelling old one...and am very careful at which one I am cancelling LOL.  And I always book a refundable hotel rate (at least 48 hrs prior at the latest) so no 'fees' unless we don't cancel in time or show up!!!

• Like 2