Robert Burns is correct again!

Nearing the semiquincentennial (250 years) for USA and Burns poem which included the famous lines.......

The best laid plans of mice and men oft go awry.

Today it was DW and my turn for awry. 

Originally booked a February 4, 9 night cruise on a Forgotten Name of the Seas.  That was cancelled last year as the ship is not returning to service until April.  Since we already had flights booked, we tried to use them on another Ship.  We succeeded with Allure of the Seas, Feb 5, 8 night sailing, which just meant we flew in 2 days early instead of one.

This nasty winter storm creeps up this week, so I say to DW, let’s book a hotel at Cincinnati airport, take our Covid test using Binax when we wake up, and scoot over for morning flight.

I couldn’t sleep (normal for me before travel) so took my Covid test at about 5 this morning, negative.  DW gets up, takes her test,  POSITIVE......

We we’re both shocked, because no symptoms.  Thinking it a false positive, she took another, again positive.

I would like to commend RCL, Hilton, and Delta Air customer service reps for making the cancellation process go smoothly.  

I guess this cruise was just not to be.  This was to be our inaugural Diamond cruise, finally out of the Emerald Lounge.  Well we will get ‘em next time.

Eddie

Edited by Eddie Wilson
  • Like 5

42 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Just curious after reading my post, if DWs second Covid test was negative, would that have qualified?

Part of me says yes, and part says no.

Eddie

That’s the only one I’d show them. 
But I guess to be proper, 2 out of three would be preferable. 

Edited by HicksRA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Nearing the semiquincentennial (250 years) for USA and Burns poem which included the famous lines.......

The best laid plans of mice and men oft go awry.

Today it was DW and my turn for awry. 

Originally booked a February 4, 9 night cruise on a Forgotten Name of the Seas.  That was cancelled last year as the ship is not returning to service until April.  Since we already had flights booked, we tried to use them on another Ship.  We succeeded with Allure of the Seas, Feb 5, 8 night sailing, which just meant we flew in 2 days early instead of one.

This nasty winter storm creeps up this week, so I say to DW, let’s book a hotel at Cincinnati airport, take our Covid test using Binax when we wake up, and scoot over for morning flight.

I couldn’t sleep (normal for me before travel) so took my Covid test at about 5 this morning, negative.  DW gets up, takes her test,  POSITIVE......

We we’re both shocked, because no symptoms.  Thinking it a false positive, she took another, again positive.

I would like to commend RCL, Hilton, and Delta Air customer service reps for making the cancellation process go smoothly.  

I guess this cruise was just not to be.  This was to be our inaugural Diamond cruise, finally out of the Emerald Lounge.  Well we will get ‘em next time.

Eddie

I am so sorry for both of you. What a bummer. Hopefully she will stay feeing okay and will have a boost to her immune system without feeling bad. 

1 hour ago, ChC said:

You really need to do a PCR conformation test. Maybe too late for the cruise since you already cancelled. But for a piece of mind and have a plan for whatever happens next, a PCR confirmation test should be your first step.

Good idea, but with weather here in Cincy we are iced in until Sunday or Monday 

1 hour ago, sandebeach said:

I am so sorry for both of you. What a bummer. Hopefully she will stay feeing okay and will have a boost to her immune system without feeling bad. 

Thank you, we have not gotten overly hyped for post Covid cruises, because we know the rules and the possibilities for a “no go”

Weird thing is we had 2 unused tests which expired late December, so for kicks and giggles we took those (without the Procter) yesterday and they were negative.  Plus she had a doctors appt Tuesday, 2 days ago and they did one before she went back, again negative.  She doesn’t have symptoms other than a runny nose which we both have from Dec till warmer weather.

She just said to me, I felt worse the day of testing for our last cruise, but that test a few months ago was also negative. 

Like I said we were shocked

thanks for your consolingly support.

Eddie

Edited by Eddie Wilson
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Thank you, we have not gotten overly hyped for post Covid cruises, because we know the rules and the possibilities for a “no go”

Weird thing is we had 2 unused tests which expired late December, so for kicks and giggles we took those (without the Procter) yesterday and they were negative.  Plus she had a doctors appt Tuesday, 2 days ago and they did one before she went back, again negative.  She doesn’t have symptoms other than a runny nose which we both have from Dec till warmer weather.

She just said to me, I felt worse the day of testing for our last cruise, but that test a few months ago was also negative. 

Like I said we were shocked

thanks for your consolingly support.

Eddie

What a shame. I had the same trepidations taking the C test before my Allure January 22 sail. Wait so long with anticipation and then your balloon is bursted. 😞

• Like 2