VeriFLY - Bring your printed documents

sd63

If you’re using the VeriFLY app make sure you bring your hard copy of vaccination card and negative Covid test. We just checked in and I showed the VeriFLY app that I had completed and approved. They said they are just testing the app and still need to see your documents or you will be denied boarding. That was not my understanding but luckily I did have my hard copies. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, sd63 said:

..... They said they are just testing the app and still need to see your documents or you will be denied boarding.....

That sounds like another case of very bad communications from Carnival.  I too had the impression that VeriFLY would totally eliminate the need to have all documents in hand.

• Like 4

Verifly worked for us boarding Mardi Gras on Jan 29.  I had both our vax cards and negative test results in my bag ready to pull out and the check-in guy said he didn't need to see them since he could see them on the app.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sd63 said:

If you’re using the VeriFLY app make sure you bring your hard copy of vaccination card and negative Covid test. We just checked in and I showed the VeriFLY app that I had completed and approved. They said they are just testing the app and still need to see your documents or you will be denied boarding. That was not my understanding but luckily I did have my hard copies. 

I had a feeling this was the case ,as with airlines ,i travel alot and always keep 2 hard copies of everything. As sometimes,  some keep 1 copy. 

• Like 1

Just to clarify, you do not need to take hard copies of anything with you. The digital version of your vaccine certificate (if your state has this) as well as a digital version of your test is all you need. No need to print anything or carry around papers. 

2 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

Just to clarify, you do not need to take hard copies of anything with you. The digital version of your vaccine certificate (if your state has this) as well as a digital version of your test is all you need. No need to print anything or carry around papers. 

While that is true I can guarantee it's much, much easier to have printed copies of everything. I've done four cruises since the restart, and while all the cruises I could have used just my mobile phone, I printed everything, stapled it all together, and it was a breeze. First page printed Boarding Pass, second Page, Printed Covid Test results. Vaccine card is in with my passport. The four needed documents all handy. So easy, no fumbling around with the screen, or anything. And FYI, I normally do EVERYTHING on the phone, so it's not that I'm a technophobe, actually far from it. But the issue is multiple people have to visually check all your documents, so it's actually easier if you have paper than just the phone. You have to show your actual passport anyway.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1