Manfredi’s and Chef’s Table Already full?

The-Inside-Cabin

32 minutes ago, jtwind said:

Was that during covid times?

Yes, Nov/Dec 2021. The Restaurant tables for 2 were used where there were 3 couples sitting super close. However, on our recent Northern Lights cruise with 470 passengers, the middle 2 seats were left open. 

Edited by Australia08

36 minutes ago, Australia08 said:

Yes, Nov/Dec 2021. The Restaurant tables for 2 were used where there were 3 couples sitting super close. However, on our recent Northern Lights cruise with 470 passengers, the middle 2 seats were left open. 

Thank You.  That's what we figured.  They would have to relax their distancing as the ship filled.

2 hours ago, Australia08 said:

Yes, that is my fear.  As capacity increases those 2-2-2 configurations for seating in the restaurant will be brought back instead of the 2-0-2 in a row that we saw before.  Sort of like airplane seating now filling up all the time.  If so, we won't be going much to the restaurant.  Our upcoming cruise will be quite full Viking says. Thankfully the World Cafe is one of our favorite places!  And after the first several days, usually Manfredi's and Chef's Table reservations open up as people start cancelling.  We've always been able to get reservations at those when we get on board, so not too worried about not having anything available ahead of time.  Last cruise, Viking told us they were only allotting a certain percent (50?) for pre-cruise reservation. 

On 2/7/2022 at 10:21 AM, takemewithyou said:

Many were only for 9 pm

There are, at least for my sailing, glitches on MVJ relative to the listed restaurant times. I was only seeing 8:30 and 9:00 for both specialty restaurants and only 8:30 for the regular restaurant. The agent I chatted with tonight verified on her end that there are problems with MVJ and so was able to book a few Manfredi's times for me. Hopefully the glitches will be corrected. 

• Like 1