Drink Packages in Specialty Restaurants

ready2cruzagain

Yes, I did a search and it was all over the place.  I just watched a video of Jan. 2022 of the Seashore and a person was upset because they were in a specialty restaurant and charged for their drinks even though they had the Easy Plus Package.  They were told that the packages are excluded from the specialty restaurants.  I know I have seen that in the past but when reading on MSC website under for the Drink packages it reads as follows and states that the drink packages can be used in the specialty restaurants.  Which is it? Could it be he was in Holas and that is considered a signature venue?  I am curious which specialty restaurants on the Seashore you can get a drink with your drink package.

Easy Plus Package:

ALL BEVERAGES PRICED UP TO S9! CHEERS TO BOTTOMLESS BEVERAGES ALL DAY LONG! THE EASY PLUS PACKAGE INCLUDES YOUR FAVOURITE FROZEN AND CLASSIC COCKTAILS, WELL SPIRITS, LIQUORS AND CORDIALS. THEN THERES YOUR CHOICE OF A SELECTION OF WINE BY THE GLASS, A 10% DISCOUNT ON BOTTLED WINES PURCHASED ONBOARD AND A WIDE VARIETY OF DRAFT AND BOTTLED BEERS, NON-ALCOHOLIC COCKTAILS, SOFT DRINKS, MINERAL WATER, COFFEE DRINKS (LATTE, ESPRESSO, CAPPUCCINO, ETC.), HOT CHOCOLATE AND HOT TEAS. THE EASY PLUS PACKAGE COVERS ALL THE ABOVE SERVED AT OUR BARS, BUFFET, MAIN RESTAURANT AND SPECIALTY RESTAURANTS. WHATS MORE, IT ALSO INCLUDES OCEAN CAY AND OTHER EXCLUSIVE DESTINATIONS, BUT DOES NOT COVER THE SIGNATURE VENUES, INCLUDING VENCHI 1878 ESTABLISHMENTS, LAVAZZA COFFEE SHOP, JEAN-PHILIPPE CHOCOLATE, COFFEE, CREPES & GELATO. 

2 minutes ago, Davevics25 said:

Ok was just trying to give an option

And a good one but evidently not the problem.  I have read on other ships that people have used the drink package in Holas.  Just wondering if once again it is part of MSC's right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.

6 minutes ago, mcoler181 said:

Odd policy.

It is not in the cruise line's economic best interest to only have you pay the difference.  Their best outcome is that you 1) upgrade your drink package or 2) pay the whole amount. 

1 hour ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Yes, I did a search and it was all over the place.  I just watched a video of Jan. 2022 of the Seashore and a person was upset because they were in a specialty restaurant and charged for their drinks even though they had the Easy Plus Package.  They were told that the packages are excluded from the specialty restaurants.  I know I have seen that in the past but when reading on MSC website under for the Drink packages it reads as follows and states that the drink packages can be used in the specialty restaurants.  

Yes, Easy Plus can be used in specialty restaurants.  If you have the Easy Plus package in Butcher's Cut just ask the server for a glass of wine that will fit your package (likely a Mondavi Reserve).  They want to make you happy.  Otherwise as noted you can bring in a glass from a nearby bar.  Easy peasy.

34 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

It is not in the cruise line's economic best interest to only have you pay the difference.  Their best outcome is that you 1) upgrade your drink package or 2) pay the whole amount.

Well no obviously not, but the more likely outcome is that you just stick to drinks in your drink package.

I drink mainly beer during the day, odd cocktail,  few glasses of wine on an evening, preference would be Malbec ($10) but not going to upgrade my package just to have a few $1 extra wines a day.

1 hour ago, Morgsmom said:

Why not just charge the difference? They would still make the profit off of the difference and sold a drink. 

Other cruise lines do that!

When we were on the Sinfonia in the Med they said I could not use my pkg in the MDR. I got that changed immediately. When I posted that on here some people said they don't honor the pkgs in the MDR and who drinks during a dinner meal. LOL

So, it is not only MSC who doesn't know what the rules are. People try to make up rules to satisfy their needs.

MSC changes their pkgs monthly to confuse even their staff! LOL

• Like 1

MSC policy is like the Bible, you can go to one page on the site and it will tell you one thing.  Go to another page and it will tell you the opposite.  This screen shot ways you can't use Easy Plus in specialty restaurants.  To my mind, it all comes down to how much flexibility is offered by the service staff at the time.

image.thumb.png.42b05e1040b25b6c40255f5d07fb526f.png

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JAGR said:

Closer view:

image.png.28880db91a7a6d5b2b83b0d080772db8.png

Yeah I seen that one too but was on a site overseas. Maybe theirs is different?  I don't know. All I know is what is on my USA site so, I will print that out and take it with me like I always do with MSC with EVERYTHING!  This is what is on my purchase extras page

EASY PLUS PACKAGE

456.jpg

ALL BEVERAGES PRICED UP TO S9! CHEERS TO BOTTOMLESS BEVERAGES ALL DAY LONG! THE EASY PLUS PACKAGE INCLUDES YOUR FAVOURITE FROZEN AND CLASSIC COCKTAILS, WELL SPIRITS, LIQUORS AND CORDIALS. THEN THERES YOUR CHOICE OF A SELECTION OF WINE BY THE GLASS, A 10% DISCOUNT ON BOTTLED WINES PURCHASED ONBOARD AND A WIDE VARIETY OF DRAFT AND BOTTLED BEERS, NON-ALCOHOLIC COCKTAILS, SOFT DRINKS, MINERAL WATER, COFFEE DRINKS (LATTE, ESPRESSO, CAPPUCCINO, ETC.), HOT CHOCOLATE AND HOT TEAS. THE EASY PLUS PACKAGE COVERS ALL THE ABOVE SERVED AT OUR BARS, BUFFET, MAIN RESTAURANT AND SPECIALTY RESTAURANTS. WHATS MORE, IT ALSO INCLUDES OCEAN CAY AND OTHER EXCLUSIVE DESTINATIONS, BUT DOES NOT COVER THE SIGNATURE VENUES, INCLUDING VENCHI 1878 ESTABLISHMENTS, LAVAZZA COFFEE SHOP, JEAN-PHILIPPE CHOCOLATE, COFFEE, CREPES & GELATO. TERMS & CONDITIONS: BEVERAGE PACKAGES ARE NOT TRANSFERRABLE AND MAY NOT BE SHARED WITH OTHER GUESTS, BEING VALID FOR ONE BEVERAGE ONLY PER EACH ORDER. VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS MAY RESULT IN CANCELLATION OF A GUEST'S PACKAGE WITHOUT ELIGIBILITY FOR A REFUND OR CREDIT OF ANY KIND. PACKAGES ARE SOLD ON A PER CRUISE BASIS AND NOT A PER DAY OR ANY OTHER BASIS. PRICING APPLIES TO EACH DAY OF THE CRUISE, EXCEPT FOR DISEMBARKATION DAY. ONCE ACTIVATED ON BOARD, PACKAGES CANNOT BE TERMINATED OR REFUNDED. PACKAGES MUST BE BOOKED BY ALL GUESTS OCCUPYING THE SAME STATEROOM, TRAVELLING TOGETHER AND WISHING TO DINE AT THE SAME TABLE. THIS INCLUDES MINORS, FOR WHOM THE MINORS PACKAGE MUST BE BOOKED. PACKAGES ARE NOT OBLIGATORY FOR INFANTS UNDER THREE YEARS OF AGE. THE FOLLOWING EXCLUSIONS APPLY: TOBACCO, SOUVENIR GLASSES, ICE CREAM MENU, RETAIL ITEMS, MINIBAR AND SIGNATURE VENUES, INCLUDING VENCHI 1878 ESTABLISHMENTS, LAVAZZA COFFEE SHOPS, JEAN PHILIPPE CHOCOLATE, COFFEE, CREPES & GELATO, REGARDLESS OF BEVERAGE PRICE, ROOM SERVICE AND PROMOTIONS. MUST BE OF LEGAL AGE TO CONSUME ALCOHOL - SEE OUR TERMS OF OUR GUEST ALCOHOL POLICY. OTHER CONDITIONS & TERMS MAY APPLY. BEVERAGES AND LIQUORS MAY BE SUBSTITUTED BASED ON AVAILABILITY AND ITINERARY.

• Price:$ 686 per Adult

28 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Yeah I seen that one too but was on a site overseas. Maybe theirs is different?  I don't know. All I know is what is on my USA site so, I will print that out and take it with me like I always do with MSC with EVERYTHING!  This is what is on my purchase extras page

EASY PLUS PACKAGE

456.jpg

ALL BEVERAGES PRICED UP TO S9! CHEERS TO BOTTOMLESS BEVERAGES ALL DAY LONG! THE EASY PLUS PACKAGE INCLUDES YOUR FAVOURITE FROZEN AND CLASSIC COCKTAILS, WELL SPIRITS, LIQUORS AND CORDIALS. THEN THERES YOUR CHOICE OF A SELECTION OF WINE BY THE GLASS, A 10% DISCOUNT ON BOTTLED WINES PURCHASED ONBOARD AND A WIDE VARIETY OF DRAFT AND BOTTLED BEERS, NON-ALCOHOLIC COCKTAILS, SOFT DRINKS, MINERAL WATER, COFFEE DRINKS (LATTE, ESPRESSO, CAPPUCCINO, ETC.), HOT CHOCOLATE AND HOT TEAS. THE EASY PLUS PACKAGE COVERS ALL THE ABOVE SERVED AT OUR BARS, BUFFET, MAIN RESTAURANT AND SPECIALTY RESTAURANTS. WHATS MORE, IT ALSO INCLUDES OCEAN CAY AND OTHER EXCLUSIVE DESTINATIONS, BUT DOES NOT COVER THE SIGNATURE VENUES, INCLUDING VENCHI 1878 ESTABLISHMENTS, LAVAZZA COFFEE SHOP, JEAN-PHILIPPE CHOCOLATE, COFFEE, CREPES & GELATO. TERMS & CONDITIONS: BEVERAGE PACKAGES ARE NOT TRANSFERRABLE AND MAY NOT BE SHARED WITH OTHER GUESTS, BEING VALID FOR ONE BEVERAGE ONLY PER EACH ORDER. VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS MAY RESULT IN CANCELLATION OF A GUEST'S PACKAGE WITHOUT ELIGIBILITY FOR A REFUND OR CREDIT OF ANY KIND. PACKAGES ARE SOLD ON A PER CRUISE BASIS AND NOT A PER DAY OR ANY OTHER BASIS. PRICING APPLIES TO EACH DAY OF THE CRUISE, EXCEPT FOR DISEMBARKATION DAY. ONCE ACTIVATED ON BOARD, PACKAGES CANNOT BE TERMINATED OR REFUNDED. PACKAGES MUST BE BOOKED BY ALL GUESTS OCCUPYING THE SAME STATEROOM, TRAVELLING TOGETHER AND WISHING TO DINE AT THE SAME TABLE. THIS INCLUDES MINORS, FOR WHOM THE MINORS PACKAGE MUST BE BOOKED. PACKAGES ARE NOT OBLIGATORY FOR INFANTS UNDER THREE YEARS OF AGE. THE FOLLOWING EXCLUSIONS APPLY: TOBACCO, SOUVENIR GLASSES, ICE CREAM MENU, RETAIL ITEMS, MINIBAR AND SIGNATURE VENUES, INCLUDING VENCHI 1878 ESTABLISHMENTS, LAVAZZA COFFEE SHOPS, JEAN PHILIPPE CHOCOLATE, COFFEE, CREPES & GELATO, REGARDLESS OF BEVERAGE PRICE, ROOM SERVICE AND PROMOTIONS. MUST BE OF LEGAL AGE TO CONSUME ALCOHOL - SEE OUR TERMS OF OUR GUEST ALCOHOL POLICY. OTHER CONDITIONS & TERMS MAY APPLY. BEVERAGES AND LIQUORS MAY BE SUBSTITUTED BASED ON AVAILABILITY AND ITINERARY.

• Price:$ 686 per Adult

The odd thing is I was on the US site as well!  MSC = Mysterious Site Changes!

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/on-board/dining-drinks/drinks-packages

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JAGR said:

The odd thing is I was on the US site as well!  MSC = Mysterious Site Changes!

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/on-board/dining-drinks/drinks-packages

Well, the only thing we have proven so far is that....(drum roll)...it is MSC! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by ready2cruzagain
  • Haha 1