Dining reservations

purplecow15

As a platinum members we are supposed to be able to make dining reservations at 125 days out. Website on my 90 days out tells me booking not available. I used the chat feature to ask why. Was told that reservations have been discontinued indefinitely on ships leaving from non-US ports. Was told I could make reservations when I get on board. So I guess we're supposed to spend our first day trying to get reservations for that evening as well as other nights. Not real happy. 

That may be the case but we were planning a celebration at Le Bistro the first evening and who knows if a suitable time will be available. Who knows what the ship capacity will be in May.  I also feel like what's the point of having loyalty perks if you can't use them. 

Was just on an NCL cruise...No problem getting any reservations.

Even May is not going to be so busy that you can't get the time you want.

NCL is very accommodating. Its not going to take all day...just go to restaurant reservations desk once on the ship and will be done within minutes.

8 hours ago, purplecow15 said:

That may be the case but we were planning a celebration at Le Bistro the first evening and who knows if a suitable time will be available. Who knows what the ship capacity will be in May.  I also feel like what's the point of having loyalty perks if you can't use them. 

perhaps you can contact the loyalty desk via phone and setup something.

I do wish all ships would go back to on line reservations again.  So much easier.

Relax, even suite pax with Platinum status on our upcoming Getaway sailing reported having "issues" being unable to book their specialty dining reservations at 125 or 130 days out.  The option to pre-book online became available around the 75 or 80 days mark, if I recall.  With the newly created Sapphire tier (formerly known as P+) - we will have priority seating onboard, even without making advance reservations - not going to make a fuzz over it.  

Only a fraction of the overall availability were ever set aside and released for advance online reservations only, more were released & available usually within a week of embarkation (based on pre-pandemic) - ships are still sailing at reduced (actual) occupancy level as being reported this month, I wouldn't sweat over it.  Use the free NCL App to book once you are onboard/at the pier & connected to ship's free WiFi inTRAnet or on the ship, head over to the reservation desk or book it from the stateroom's interactive TV (although, that's always sluggish & slow) 

6 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

With the newly created Sapphire tier (formerly known as P+) - we will have priority seating onboard, even without making advance reservations

I would set your expectations very low for that benefit. There has never been much evidence of it actually existing in practice.

• Like 1