Seashore Yacht Club Extra Beds for teens

shellyd1

Has anyone stayed in the yacht club deluxe balcony room on Seashore with teens?  Our cabin has the diamond which indicates a double sofa bed.  Does this turn into bunk beds?  We had an Aurea balcony which had bunk beds.  We have a son and daughter who will refuse to sleep in the same bed.  I don't see bunk beds indicated on any of the yacht club cabins (although they are an option for Fantastica). Thanks!

9 hours ago, shellyd1 said:

Has anyone stayed in the yacht club deluxe balcony room on Seashore with teens?  Our cabin has the diamond which indicates a double sofa bed.  Does this turn into bunk beds?  We had an Aurea balcony which had bunk beds.  We have a son and daughter who will refuse to sleep in the same bed.  I don't see bunk beds indicated on any of the yacht club cabins (although they are an option for Fantastica). Thanks!

I have bolded the sentence which answers your question. It's precisely what it says on the tin....a double sofa bed!

I have not been on Seashore.  Have been on Seaside twice.  The sofa on Seaside is dinky size like a double but smaller.  Saw picture of Seashore sofa and it does look bigger but I'm skeptical.

We've run into this issue before.  MSC has some rooms for five but they covet thy cabins and won't let a family of four book a room for five which have a pull down plus sofa.  Our older teens not going to make it on the tiny sofa.

We've done work around for their issue.

11 hours ago, shellyd1 said:

Question - are the teens sailing "free?"  If not, why not book them their own room?  

We are in one on 16 (16022). It is a small couch. No way would two adults be comfortable. I’m surprised they book it for 4. 

Try a mock booking for 5 to see if any bunks are available. You can even phantom book a to-be-no-show cousin or such if adding a fifth person is a modest couple hundred dollars. 

3 hours ago, TrinaLC said:

We are in one on 16 (16022). It is a small couch. No way would two adults be comfortable. I’m surprised they book it for 4. 

Try a mock booking for 5 to see if any bunks are available. You can even phantom book a to-be-no-show cousin or such if adding a fifth person is a modest couple hundred dollars. 

I was on Seashore b2b in December and our cabin also showed a diamond.

There was no bunk, just a couch.

As you can see, the ceiling does not have a bunk.

PXL_20211205_150553398.jpg

8 hours ago, TrinaLC said:

You can even phantom book a to-be-no-show cousin or such if adding a fifth person is a modest couple hundred dollars. 

I suggest you very carefully read MSC's Terms and Conditions section on cancellations.

They have caught on to the no show ploy.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

I suggest you very carefully read MSC's Terms and Conditions section on cancellations.

They have caught on to the no show ploy.

Really?  Can you point to where?  I’m not doubting you, just curious how they have addressed this. 

14 hours ago, hamrag said:

I have bolded the sentence which answers your question. It's precisely what it says on the tin....a double sofa bed!

When we were on the Divina, it showed sofa bed but when we showed up it was bunks in a Fantastica balcony which is why I was hoping to have personal experience.

6 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I was on Seashore b2b in December and our cabin also showed a diamond.

There was no bunk, just a couch.

As you can see, the ceiling does not have a bunk.

PXL_20211205_150553398.jpg

We have 16034.  I think it is supposed to be a larger sofa.

image.png.a74670b9c69895efd9330e12714e94df.png

9 hours ago, shellyd1 said:

When we were on the Divina, it showed sofa bed but when we showed up it was bunks in a Fantastica balcony which is why I was hoping to have personal experience.

Ok, fair enough, but definitely sofa bed only in Yacht Club. Another solution may be to have the teens sleep alternate nights in the sofa bed, and purchase a blow up 'sunbed' type cushioned mattress of some sort. Alternatively ask your Butler if they can snag one of the pooldeck lounger covers. It's far from ideal, but if the teens are resolute at least it's a sub-optimal solution.

Or, tell the Butler you would like a sunbed placed on your balcony rather than the chairs and table. Then you can move it into your cabin for sleeping overnight.

12 hours ago, shellyd1 said:

We have 16034.  I think it is supposed to be a larger sofa.

image.png.a74670b9c69895efd9330e12714e94df.png

I had a YC Grand suite for one sailing and. YC Deluxe for the 2nd cruise of my b2b and the side was the same in both.

We were in 1849 which is also the last cabin on deck 18.

Did not care for it as there is an entry/exit door right there on both sides and on both decks.

14 hours ago, TrinaLC said:

Really?  Can you point to where?  I’m not doubting you, just curious how they have addressed this. 

Yes, how would the cruiseline address this?  Oh, you have only 4 people checking in at the port, let's change your cabin in case a mystery group of 5 appears?  As long as you pay for the 5th I don't see an issue.  People cancel last minute all of the time and are penalized for it.