The NCL Haven Luxury VIP Experience "Secrets" REVISED for 2022

Sthrngary

On 6/27/2022 at 8:35 AM, raitch said:

We are sailing on Breakaway in the Haven in August.  We have previously been in the Gem Haven with our kids so I have a couple of questions specifically about the Breakaway.

Abd before it comes up- our children are closely supervised, polite, and respectful. 

If your children are well behaved and polite, I'm sure your children will be welcomed no matter where you go - hot tub, sundeck, pool.  God bless you for being a good parent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jetswdo said:

I am still trying to understand the included specialty restaurants with the Free at Sea-  Is it 2 free meals per person or for the two of us, so one free meal?

You're right! It's confusing. I had to research all over Cruise Critic to find the answer when I started cruising earlier this year. It depends on the length of your cruise and what category stateroom you've selected. Here's the Terms and Conditions which will explain all the Free at Sea perks. 

Here's the pertinent information that answers your question regarding the specialty dining:

image.png.00f28073d6585be4af2518910ec92487.png 

11 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

I recently sent an email to the Haven concierge team to ask if it was possible to pre-register for any lattitudes perks happening on the ship for our sailing (wines around the world, behind the scenes tour, etc). 

They didn't email me back, which is odd as they're usually quite good, but I received 2 phone calls from them when I was at work. One voicemail was over 5 mins long, just rambling about various things Haven related as if it was my first trip with them ever. I just found the whole thing to be a bit odd because with both voicemails (2 different people), neither person answered my question about which things would be happening and if there was a way to sign up for them now ahead of time.

Sometimes, an email gets it done.  Sometimes it take a phone call.  When you have a moment, give them a call.  Not sure if they can answer your questions however they can at lest give you an approach to get the information.  That was my experience anyway.  Good luck.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

10 hours ago, Jetswdo said:

I am still trying to understand the included specialty restaurants with the Free at Sea-  Is it 2 free meals per person or for the two of us, so one free meal?

My wife and I go on a NCL Cruise for 7 days.  We get the Free at Sea perk plan.  I get two specialty meals and she gets two specialty meals.  I get the Premium Drink package, she gets the Premium Drink package.  The cabin based on the first person in the room, gets a $50.00 off excursions.  So always book from the first person in the cabin when you do an excursion.  Remember, $50,00 for the cabin on this one.  The Free WiFi minutes is for one device at a time.  

Everything that comes with Free At Sea can be upgraded.  You can upgrade any part of it or all of it with the addition of the Free At Sea PLUS program.  I hope this answer your questions.

49 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

My wife and I go on a NCL Cruise for 7 days.  We get the Free at Sea perk plan.  I get two specialty meals and she gets two specialty meals.  I get the Premium Drink package, she gets the Premium Drink package.  The cabin based on the first person in the room, gets a $50.00 off excursions.  So always book from the first person in the cabin when you do an excursion.  Remember, $50,00 for the cabin on this one.  The Free WiFi minutes is for one device at a time.  

Everything that comes with Free At Sea can be upgraded.  You can upgrade any part of it or all of it with the addition of the Free At Sea PLUS program.  I hope this answer your questions.

I just called the concierge desk to update my dinning reservations.  I asked about the meal package.  The concierge said they get a lot of calls about  your question.  I suggested they might want to change the wording to "Dinner for Two - One night" or "Dinner for Two - Two nights".  She agreed that would clarify the issue and submitted that as a suggestion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Also the concierge told me that in addition to M&Ms, one could ask for: gummy bears, bar mix, mixed nuts and more.  Didn't know about potato chips but I believe they're on the Haven snack menu.

Is there a standard Haven snack menu, or does it vary by ship/season/itinerary/something else?

30 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Will be on the Getaway in a Haven Spa Balcony. Are their any (backdoor) stairs you can take to go to the Spa or Haven Courtyard?

The Spa should be on the floor your cabin is on.  Look at the deck plan.  I was on the Getaway in a Haven Spa Suite in 2019. The elevators and stairs should be very close and the Haven entry is two floors up if my memory serves.  No special entries that I could find. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

The Spa should be on the floor your cabin is on.  Look at the deck plan.  I was on the Getaway in a Haven Spa Suite in 2019. The elevators and stairs should be very close and the Haven entry is two floors up if my memory serves.  No special entries that I could find. 

Thanks, the reason I ask is we had Spa Balconies on the BA and Escape and I seem to remember a door to stairs right down the hall the went to the Spa. No big deal, its an easy walk either way

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Sometimes, an email gets it done.  Sometimes it take a phone call.  When you have a moment, give them a call. 

I sent an email Monday and received an email stating ... "We have received your email inquiry, please allow up to 48 business hours for a response. Our hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9AM - 6PM EST."

In my opinion "48 business hours" is awkwardly written and we are in EDT not EST.   Does that mean 6 business days if they work 8 hour days?  I guess I will call on Monday (we leave the following Sunday) as I don't have high hopes the email will get it done.

1 hour ago, lisa928 said:

I sent an email Monday and received an email stating ... "We have received your email inquiry, please allow up to 48 business hours for a response. Our hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9AM - 6PM EST."

In my opinion "48 business hours" is awkwardly written and we are in EDT not EST.   Does that mean 6 business days if they work 8 hour days?  I guess I will call on Monday (we leave the following Sunday) as I don't have high hopes the email will get it done.

Just call now.  Don't wait.  If you wait, you will be uncomfortable.  The way I look at these types of things, I want the answer NOW.  Or I can't relax.  You do what is most comfortable for you.

2 hours ago, Laszlo said:

Will be on the Getaway in a Haven Spa Balcony. Are their any (backdoor) stairs you can take to go to the Spa or Haven Courtyard?

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

Gary, you're half right! The Haven Spa Suites are on deck 14. The thermal suite and entrance to the spa is on deck 15th. The spa treatment rooms are on deck 14, but there is no way to access them from deck 14 (at least that I have seen on two trips on the Getaway, including staying in 14130). 

The Haven entrance is on deck 16, so you do have two sets of stairs or the elevator, and yes both are close to where your room will be. I think there is an entrance to the Haven from deck 15. I'm pretty sure my husband used it, but I always used the deck 16 entrance. 

Enjoy the Getaway and the Haven! If you have the same staff I did, you're in for the best trip ever! 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Jetswdo said:

For a 7-night cruise in the Haven, it’s two specialty meals (each) for the first two adults in the cabin. So for the two of you, you would pick two different restaurants for the week. If you had a third person in your cabin, they would have to pay out of pocket.  If you only had one person sailing solo, they would just get the two meals for themself. Enjoy!!

Edited by psac
  • Like 1

First thanks to all who responded to my question regarding specialty package for basic Free at Sea deal.  Ok, so the regular package means both my husband and I get 2 days of eating at a specialty restaurant included with this.  If we do upgrade to the plus Free at Sea, we would then get 3 days of eating at a specialty restaurant included with the price.

Another question I had, which I think I posted someplace else--- If I pay for any upgrades now and end up having to cancel the cruise  (has never happened to me yet) would I be refunded the extras as well ?- I'm talking by the final due date of payment for cruise.

8 minutes ago, Jetswdo said:

If we do upgrade to the plus Free at Sea, we would then get 3 days of eating at a specialty restaurant included with the price.

If you upgrade to the Free At Sea PLUS you will each get another two (2) nights of specialty restaurant giving you a total of four (4).  Four for you, four for you guest. 

You can cancel the extra's up to a day or so before the cruise.  They credit you back to the card used.  Now to be clear, once you pay your final payment for your actual fare, there are penalties for that fare.  Not for the extra's.  Hope that makes sense. 

• Like 1

Breakaway Haven question that I felt silly creating a separate thread about...

I know the Haven Courtyard on the Breakaway has a retractable roof.  Do they normally have the roof open during the day (maybe only when at port) and closed for the evening or when there is bad weather?   

21 hours ago, Jetswdo said:

Thanks for taking the time to write all this.  I just put down a deposit for a Haven spa suite for our next cruise.  I have a couple of questions which hopefully you know the answers.  First one:  If I want the butler to put in a few cans of soda in the fridge, each day-- Does the suite get charged for that?  Do you happen to know how much per can?  So far I have the basic Free at Sea plan which includes fountain drinks-   Just trying to understand "the system"---

Also regarding specialty restaurants:  Is the included Free at Sea restaurants- two meals per person, or two meals per cabin?  I'm trying to decide if I should upgrade to the plus plan.  We drink a lot of coffee and plain water, but just drink a margarita, tequilla sunrise, whisky sour type of stuff very occasionally--- We both like to drink diet soda at lunch and dinner--- and a couple of sodas here and there in our cabin. If the canned soda is really over the top with pricing, then we will just stick to water and juice in the cabin.   Thanks in advance for any info you can share with this.  Anita

We mentioned in our butler letter that we liked certain juices, certain milks, and the sodas we liked.  Our refrigerator was stocked with sodas and replenished throughout our trip.  We were not charged for them.  From what I'm reading, it sounds like that may not be standard practice, but, we got 'em - and lots of 'em - for free.  We asked for the can at a bar, and received it with no charges ... and in the American Diner.  

40 minutes ago, lisa928 said:

Breakaway Haven question that I felt silly creating a separate thread about...

I know the Haven Courtyard on the Breakaway has a retractable roof.  Do they normally have the roof open during the day (maybe only when at port) and closed for the evening or when there is bad weather?   

It was closed all seven days of our last cruise on Breakaway.  That was early March Western Caribbean.

4 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Great, I'll get some potato chips from the butler.

From what I understand, you can ask for items from anywhere.   The pretzel bites and chicken wings from the local will be on my list. 🙂  

Encore-the-local-late-night-menu-1.png?r

• Like 1