NCL Refused Meaningful Extension of CruiseNext Certificates

On 2/13/2022 at 1:40 PM, Richie from Atlanta said:

NCL should be ashamed for not extending the Cruise Next certificate program for at least two years due to COVID. I am embarrassed to say that as a travel agent we lost over $2,000 in certificates due to the two-year delay caused by COVID. Our certificates expired the end of November 2021 and NCL thinks it was generous in extending them one month - but we were required to sail before the end of 2022. Well as many cruises as I have been on, I still wasn't prepared to take six 7-night cruises in 2022. Certainly not at my age.

I would never recommend the purchase of NCL's Cruise Next certificates. Unlike Princess cruise - which refunds the money if not used - NCL just keeps the money. As bad a deal as that is they also took action to make the Cruise Next certificates useless by introducing the Next Cruise program which allowed you to take advantage of the same deal when you are ready to book - before you make your reservation.

NCL's handling of the Cruise Next and Next Cruise programs has really soured me on NCL. It will take years for me to get over that.

And one more thing, have you noticed how much the prices have jumped? All five for FREE! That is a joke. The people who took the 125% FCC are now  paying a $1,000 or more -  more than the original cruise even after getting the 125% FCC.

There were some cruise lines that handled the response to COVID in a manner designed to keep customers long-term. NCL was one of the cruise lines that didn't. Fortunately, they have a lot of great competition to choose from. It will be some time before I take another NCL cruise or recommend NCL - maybe never again.

Are you really a travel agent???

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, vadersprincess12 said:

We are booked in a club balcony and were told when booking that it's only one.  It's confirmed on our reservation paperwork.

It also depends on cruise length.  On 3-6 night cruises all cabins get only one specialty meal with the perk.  It's ALL laid out in the promo terms on the website.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, hallux said:

It also depends on cruise length.  On 3-6 night cruises all cabins get only one specialty meal with the perk.  It's ALL laid out in the promo terms on the website.

We are on a 7 night.  I'm not surprised that there is contradictory information with NCL.  I'm so over them!

2 hours ago, vadersprincess12 said:

We are on a 7 night.  I'm not surprised that there is contradictory information with NCL.  I'm so over them!

The only contradictory info I've seen is in posts here on the forum.  NCL T's&C's have been very clear to anybody who bothers to go read them.  Unfortunately, many for some reason don't want to do that.

3 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

The only contradictory info I've seen is in posts here on the forum.  NCL T's&C's have been very clear to anybody who bothers to go read them.  Unfortunately, many for some reason don't want to do that.

I've been told by NCL that if you reschedule a cruise you are entitled to the offers that are current at that time which for us would have been 2 dining opportunities and 250 wifi minutes so they are contradicting themselves.

28 minutes ago, vadersprincess12 said:

I've been told by NCL that if you reschedule a cruise you are entitled to the offers that are current at that time which for us would have been 2 dining opportunities and 250 wifi minutes so they are contradicting themselves.

Apparently you failed to check the offers that were current at that time. 

31 minutes ago, vadersprincess12 said:

You seem to have messed up, just own it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, vadersprincess12 said:

If you reschedule a cruise you are effectively cancelling and booking a new cruise, the offers available at the time of re-booking are what you are entitled to.  You are NOT entitled to the offers at the time of original booking.  I believe the same applies if you "re-price" a cruise.

Edited by hallux
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, LGW59 said:

You seem to have messed up, just own it.

23 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Apparently you failed to check the offers that were current at that time. 

First of all, no need to be rude.  Secondly, I knew what the offers were when I re-booked and I argued the point but was told "this is what you get."  I called again the next day asked to speak with a supervisor but was told that if the reservation notes only one dinner and 150 minutes of wifi, I would have to cancel and reschedule again (it was their error).  I chose not to reschedule again because I was afraid the cost would go up again as it had on numerous reschedules.  

NCL has taken no responsibility whatsoever and really lacks good customer service.  A simple change by someone is supervisory position to appease a customer would go a long way, especially when it was the fault of the person who took the booking.

27 minutes ago, vadersprincess12 said:

First of all, no need to be rude.  Secondly, I knew what the offers were when I re-booked and I argued the point but was told "this is what you get."  I called again the next day asked to speak with a supervisor but was told that if the reservation notes only one dinner and 150 minutes of wifi, I would have to cancel and reschedule again (it was their error).  I chose not to reschedule again because I was afraid the cost would go up again as it had on numerous reschedules.  

NCL has taken no responsibility whatsoever and really lacks good customer service.  A simple change by someone is supervisory position to appease a customer would go a long way, especially when it was the fault of the person who took the booking.

Sail on, that ship has passed