First night specialty dining question?....

monakayk

36 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

No discounts I'm aware of, but if you have the coupon book, you can present coupon for free bottle of wine on first night.

And it will be a cheap bottle. Forget about an old vine zin to go with that steak 

22 hours ago, monakayk said:

How do you get a coupon book?

These are a limited offering of coupon books available for your travel agent to "gift" you on your booking.   They used to have decent coupons in them.  Unfortunately the 2022 ones are more "buy something and we'll throw you a bone" type.   In prior years, there was a buy one get one free coupon for embarkation day only at the specialty restaurants.    This year's coupon is "goto specialty restaurant on embarkation day only and get a free bottle of todays wine of the day".   

I know all this because we booked a cruise for Jan 2022 and our TA gifted us the coupon book, and Princess emailed it to us so I read the whole book (it was pretty short!).   Then we cancelled the cruise due to covid.    

If you don't have the coupon book marked on your cruise booking, you can't use the coupons.  

This is a completely different set of coupons than what used to be in every stateroom on embarkation day, back quite a few years ago.   

Edited by CruisinFinsUp

On 2/14/2022 at 2:36 PM, CruisinFinsUp said:

These are a limited offering of coupon books available for your travel agent to "gift" you on your booking.   They used to have decent coupons in them.  Unfortunately the 2022 ones are more "buy something and we'll throw you a bone" type.   In prior years, there was a buy one get one free coupon for embarkation day only at the specialty restaurants.    This year's coupon is "goto specialty restaurant on embarkation day only and get a free bottle of todays wine of the day".   

I know all this because we booked a cruise for Jan 2022 and our TA gifted us the coupon book, and Princess emailed it to us so I read the whole book (it was pretty short!).   Then we cancelled the cruise due to covid.    

If you don't have the coupon book marked on your cruise booking, you can't use the coupons.  

This is a completely different set of coupons than what used to be in every stateroom on embarkation day, back quite a few years ago.   

Thank you for this additional information.