Specialty Dining Reservations - Kind of Confusing

raz455

I have 2 promo specialty dining promos for our upcoming cruise on the Discovery Princess. When making a reservation (pre-cruise) on the app does the app use the dining promo credit or does it charge my credit card on file?  The way it looks on the app is confusing (at least to me).  

25 minutes ago, raz455 said:

I have 2 promo specialty dining promos for our upcoming cruise on the Discovery Princess. When making a reservation (pre-cruise) on the app does the app use the dining promo credit or does it charge my credit card on file?  The way it looks on the app is confusing (at least to me).  

It SHOULD recognize your credits and apply them, reducing the balance owing.  That has been flaky of late and I wouldn't know why.  You can wait until on-board, or just ask for an account adjustment on board if you pre-book and have to pay.

• Like 1

The answer is “it depends”.  If your app shows the dining credit then you can use it when you make your reservation in the app.  If it doesn’t show the credit then you will be asked to pay for the reservation if you make it prior to boarding.  For some reason it has been hit or miss in whether the dining credit shows.
811C603D-D076-49BF-B7CE-0F6A0D5C1305.thumb.jpeg.6802d8a98cbb0c2466f5726bf61ee1fa.jpeg

• Like 1

My DW and I each have a credit that shows on both of our phones.

However, when I try booking on my phone, it applies only 1 credit.

Booking on DW's phone, it applies both credits for $0 owing...…very strange.

Otherwise the DMW works fine.

I have a cruise booked for May 2023 and they're already bombarding me with emails to book my dining.  I dont know what time i'm dining at home tomorrow let alone on a cruise ship in 14 months time lol!!!!! 

Not even thinking of venturing anything on that cruise until at least six moths out!

Edited by 2BACRUISER
typo

On 2/20/2022 at 12:34 AM, Shelly97060 said:

The answer is “it depends”.  If your app shows the dining credit then you can use it when you make your reservation in the app.  If it doesn’t show the credit then you will be asked to pay for the reservation if you make it prior to boarding.  For some reason it has been hit or miss in whether the dining credit shows.
811C603D-D076-49BF-B7CE-0F6A0D5C1305.thumb.jpeg.6802d8a98cbb0c2466f5726bf61ee1fa.jpeg

This has been my experience.  We have an upcoming credit, but I can't book on the app yet.

We are on Enchanted Princess. Travel agent gifted us unspecified specialty dining cover charge. This notification was delivered to our cabin on first night while we were at dinner. Attached was a  notice from the Director Restaurant Operations that we had(??) a 5:30 pm reservation the next night (Feb19) at a restaurant we dislike.

Called to request this imposed reservation be replaced by one at Crown Grill at 6:30 pm on feb 26. Was assured this was done.

On advise of another passenger who had already been on ship for 10+ days - don’t assume phone requests will be accurately auctioned - I checked one of their Medallion wall screens. No indication of any reservation. Had Princess staff member check herself . Nothing.

Went to Guests Services Desk. Their computer showed a reservation but for Feb 22 not Fed 26 as assured on phone.

Bottom line - don’t put 100% trust in what you are informed by Princess staff or their Problematic Medallion Technology - best to verify and get in writing.