Ft. Lauderdale Antigen Test QR Code

Reenie75

We will be returning to Ft Lauderdale on the March 12th. Flying out March 13th. Any suggestions where to get the Antigen test to get us back home to Canada other than the airport.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Reenie75

We are getting it done at FLL airport. Ā You can book ahead at a time that is convenient to you but the cost is $59. Per person. We are doingĀ this on Mar 3 & flying back Mar 4

Edited by If only

2 hours ago, If only said:

We are getting it done at FLL airport. Ā You can book ahead at a time that is convenient to you but the cost is $59. Per person. We are doingĀ this on Mar 3 & flying back Mar 4

You are going to the airport day prior of flying home?Ā 

1 hour ago, ChickonRules said:

You can actually order the test kits from Switch Health and do it a day before flying back to Canada. It's done through a Telehealth service. I just ordered my kits.

How much are they charging?Ā 

8 hours ago, Reenie75 said:

You are going to the airport day prior of flying home?Ā 

Yes we are staying out by the airport the day before so have booked our test for that day. Ā We didnā€™t have enough time to get Switch health before we left.

Edited by If only

I have read (but trying to verify) that you can get free Antigen tests at Walgreens and CVS pharmacies. Ā Strange as it may seem they will accept a hotel address. Ā Will call one and confirm. Ā 
Ā 

Iā€™m sailing on Celebrity and they offer testing upon leaving the ship but so far I havenā€™t been able to get a firm price from them. Ā 

My husband and I used Beeper MD.Ā  They go to your hotel/condo and conduct the test there.Ā  They do not charge anything except for parking if a parking fee applies where you are staying.Ā  They submit the fee to the State of Florida.Ā  This was when a PCR was still needed and the results were back in less than 25 hours.Ā  The Antigen results are given to you within 15 minutes.Ā  Highly recommend them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keata said:

My husband and I used Beeper MD.Ā  They go to your hotel/condo and conduct the test there.Ā  They do not charge anything except for parking if a parking fee applies where you are staying.Ā  They submit the fee to the State of Florida.Ā  This was when a PCR was still needed and the results were back in less than 25 hours.Ā  The Antigen results are given to you within 15 minutes.Ā  Highly recommend them.

While I've read a lot of similarly positive posts on other boards, I've also read a number of posts reporting that the Beeper MD employee simply failed to show up. As with most testing, be sure to have a Plan B.

My understanding was that was very much New York centered at the peak of Omicron. Like everything else -Ā  every positive review likely has a negative.Ā  I was basing my recommendation on actual usage in southern Florida.

20 hours ago, Reenie75 said:

We will be returning to Ft Lauderdale on the March 12th. Flying out March 13th. Any suggestions where to get the Antigen test to get us back home to Canada other than the airport.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

What cruiseline?Ā  Ā Some are offering testing after you disembark the ship at the port.Ā Ā 

Check your cruiseline's website.Ā 

Ā 

The Switch tests are explained on their website:

https://switchhealth.ca/en/

48 minutes ago, Keata said:

My understanding was that was very much New York centered at the peak of Omicron. Like everything else -Ā  every positive review likely has a negative.Ā  I was basing my recommendation on actual usage in southern Florida.

The no shows reported on CC were also in Florida, both Miami and Fort Lauderdale, not New York. As I said, you need a Plan B, no matter where you need testing.

9 hours ago, RickT said:

I have read (but trying to verify) that you can get free Antigen tests at Walgreens and CVS pharmacies. Ā Strange as it may seem they will accept a hotel address. Ā Will call one and confirm. Ā 
Ā 

Iā€™m sailing on Celebrity and they offer testing upon leaving the ship but so far I havenā€™t been able to get a firm price from them. Ā 

Yes. Weā€™ve seen that as well. Itā€™s around 100-125US on the ships. So weā€™re going to use other means while on shore and out of the port. There, it is 105US.Ā 

12 minutes ago, Luv2Cruze4 said:

I thought Canadians no longer needed covid test to get back into the country if you are fully vaccinated??

Nope, you need an antigen test within 24 hours wall clock time for entry.Ā  They dropped the cursed PCR test last week.

From what I am reading, as of Feb 28th, fully vaccinated Canadians no longer need a test of any kind to re-enter Canada, but COULD be subject to random testing. Am I reading this wrong?

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2022/02/government-of-canada-lightens-border-measures-as-part-of-transition-of-the-pandemic-response.html

The "on-arrival" testing is done at the airport in Canada and was always random.Ā  Hearing they are still doing frequent random selection and it is a PCR test.Ā  The second point in regards to rapid antigen taken within 72 hours of departure/arrival from outside the country is the one that needs to be adhered too.Ā  Before you head home from outside the country.Ā 

18 minutes ago, Luv2Cruze4 said:

From what I am reading, as of Feb 28th, fully vaccinated Canadians no longer need a test of any kind to re-enter Canada, but COULD be subject to random testing. Am I reading this wrong?

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2022/02/government-of-canada-lightens-border-measures-as-part-of-transition-of-the-pandemic-response.html

You read it wrong Ā šŸ˜€