Live Blog: Marina, Sun Splashed Soiree. February 23-March 5

calicakes

I knew it was yellow on CDC cruise ship site that I accidentally found yesterday. Hope the performers are fine soon. There are few verandah cabins in Marinas next trip, can’t believe most all filled as yours is so sparsely filled. Thanks for info on checking with them but another past cruiser said don’t think they have the Pfizer antiviral as only approved in US. I hate masks but understand all viewpoints, but if just cloth they’re hardly helping, must be KN95 at least. No need to have in open air, that’s best place to be. Keep us informed if hear of any more cases & how all do. Thanks 

6 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Today wasn't a  good food day. I barely ate. Samosa and mashed potato for dinner. J had steak. The dessert was not successful.  Napoleon was soggy.  J enjoy the cheesecake.

20220225_180030.jpg

20220225_181200.jpg

20220225_182145.jpg

20220225_182250.jpg

Feeling better today.  Went for a buffet breakfast, I had half an eggs benny with the whites only( they made it special for me) and some fruit.   I took a bite of my wife's sticky bun, but I didn't love it.  I tried a blueberry muffin, that was good.  We're meeting my friends today in St. Maarten.  They are picking us up at the port.  I can't wait to touch down on land. 

Just now, dancingcgal said:

Docking? Which side of ship is usually by docks in ports? Where are engines located?

They dock port to port or starboard to port  depending on the dock

you never know until you dock 😉

JMO

19 minutes ago, dancingcgal said:

Docking? Which side of ship is usually by docks in ports? Where are engines located? 

Port is on the "left" and starboard is on the "right" as you look forward towards the bow of the ship. The stern is aft, which is where the propellers and shafts are connecting to the engines which are amidship aft.

Sometimes she'll dock to the port side and sometimes to the starboard side. And sometimes she tenders, a small ship pulls up and passengers go from the ship to the tender and vis-versa on the return.

Music 🎵 please! 🎶 what types does band play? how often play? Or are they the quarantined performers? How are shows? 
I know now “O” has “FOOD , Glorious Food!” Wish I could find out how many guests on next sailing, March 5?!? Wonder if officers onboard now know? 

8 hours ago, dancingcgal said:

Music 🎵 please! 🎶 what types does band play? how often play? Or are they the quarantined performers? How are shows? 
I know now “O” has “FOOD , Glorious Food!” Wish I could find out how many guests on next sailing, March 5?!? Wonder if officers onboard now know? 

I was told that the band is in quarantine. There have been single performances there’s a piano player named Martin K. We haven’t been to any of the shows sorry were usually back in the room by 9 PM

I was told the ship will be 1/3 full next week. The shows seem to be rotating between a piano player, guitarist and comedian.  We went to Horizons last night to hear music before dinner. There were no passengers in the room! We went down to hear the string quartet. The audience consisted of 4 people!

The Marina lounge shows seem to be well attended.

Thought the Horizons band was in quarantine still? Maybe just out & all thought still were not. My TA was told this morning March 5 cruise60% filled! Was hoping for less. Thanks. So Lounge shows are in theater & just single  just a comedian  & instrument  player? No dancers? They quarantined? We had dancers/ singers & fabulous band on Sirena 9/2019. 

There was a band playing at the pool during sail away. My info about next weeks capacity level came from a crew member who may or may not be correct. He also said transatlantic had about 1000 passengers booked. I don’t think there are any productions shows for this cruise.

I know there is a comedian tonight, we've not been to any shows.  We hit the 8:30 trivia and then go back to the room to watch something streaming on HBO Max or Netflix.  

Lunch buffet today was Italian.  The food was very good.  

If you're interested in a beach break while in st. John's.  The ships excursion was 85.00( we had to chose something with Olife).  It included transportation, a chair and one rum punch cocktail.   I spoke to other cruise passengers on the same beach.  They paid 4.00 taxi fare and a 10.00 fee to rent the chair.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, calicakes said:

I know there is a comedian tonight, we've not been to any shows.  We hit the 8:30 trivia and then go back to the room to watch something streaming on HBO Max or Netflix.  

Lunch buffet today was Italian.  The food was very good.  

If you're interested in a beach break while in st. John's.  The ships excursion was 85.00( we had to chose something with Olife).  It included transportation, a chair and one rum punch cocktail.   I spoke to other cruise passengers on the same beach.  They paid 4.00 taxi fare and a 10.00 fee to rent the chair.  

Thank you so much for your "live from"......really enjoying your commentary!

Just now, calicakes said:

@basor you're welcome.  I know we're quite boring, since we're not reporting on any entertainment.  For us, this is a relaxing trip, doing a lot of nothing( except snorkeling excursions).  

Our kind of trip so definitely not boring....give us a nice glass of wine and amazing food while relaxing outside on Terrace and we are happy campers

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing; excited to go to all the dining venues especially Jacques after seeing the food! Only been on 1 Oceania cruise & just booked last minute on Marina so can’t made dinner reservations until board😲. How were things in Barbados & where did you go snorkeling?