RAPID TEST booked for flight to US BUT no test kits avail.

abby1257

3 hours ago, ALD18 said:

Thanks Miss G, good to know.  We are doing the drive thru so should be good to go.  Parking at the testing facility lot was more expensive that other lots so we will be "just passing thru".

Yeah, even with their bonus booking discount it was still more expensive than valet at park ‘n fly. Plus you have to get on a train to get to the terminal which doesn’t work so well for my parents. 

1 hour ago, schiff1997 said:

Not for us as we fly on a Friday but dont board till Monday

Check whether Celebrity will be changing their rules come March 1st.  (Unless, of course, you’re leaving this month.) It sounds like Princess & HAL will be moving to 3-day antigen test so you may not need to do two.  I have appointments booked at SDM the day before we fly out, just in case the rules change.  Would take a lot of stress off with the timing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, broberts said:

Are test results to fly not also acceptable the next day for boarding?

Celebrity requires tests to be done within 2 days of sailing.  I’m getting mine on a Saturday and sail Monday.  Depends on what your cruise line requires. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

Check whether Celebrity will be changing their rules come March 1st.  (Unless, of course, you’re leaving this month.) It sounds like Princess & HAL will be moving to 3-day antigen test so you may not need to do two.  I have appointments booked at SDM the day before we fly out, just in case the rules change.  Would take a lot of stress off with the timing.

Fingers crossed that would be great !  We don't fly out till a Friday evening so we could test Friday morning 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 8:55 AM, abby1257 said:

If I book test at pearson....(my flight leaves at 8:30 am)...so book test for 5 am....to be at the airport by 5 am (park car and shuttle to where the test is)...hmmm I guess I should to the night before and park myself at the airport....My daughter just went to Florida and she said they were at the airport 3 hours before flight and BARELY made the plane...the lineups at customs etc....CRAZY...she said for me to be there earlier than that...but to have a cover test also in that timeframe....ya...NOT

I'm hoping that security might not be as crazy busy on a Thursday am when I fly out ( in comparison  to a weekend, but maybe wishful thinking).  My test is booked for 5am and flight is schefuled or 8:15am. Yikes. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 9:37 AM, cruiseamm said:

Does anyone have experience with this provider?

I'm formulating a plan A, B, C scenario.

https://www.medionerx.com/virtualcare/?fbclid=IwAR24Pu6p1B-eR2tAJIkmdwIPlt4MndtGgEZ7Az6ScUfH6YSPgH-uA1GO8KA

Their Rapid Antigen test at locations range from $21.99 - $40.

Their prices in person and virtual seem reasonable.

I have used MediOneRx (Lawrence and Caledonia location) for PCR tests multiple times, they've turned them around in under 24 hours every time. 

I also bought a box of 20 rapid tests from them before the government started to offer them for free. No issues at all. 

No experience with their virtual proctoring service but I wouldn't hesitate to try it. 

Edited by cmich068