Key benefits Oasis of the Sea 3/6/2022

Just received my email re my 3/6/22 cruise. Posting this here for anyone who didn’t get their email.

This is for the Oasis of the seas 3/6/22.

I will live post the boarding and lunch experience for anyone interested.

EFE3E716-CBE2-41CB-A86E-89F016AE5B2A.png

85EBB9AC-C4C2-41FC-A7C0-F778B24FE52A.png

Edited by Maitaivegas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2022 at 3:56 PM, twins_to_alaska said:

Did you take advantage of the choice departure?

Yes, key members got luggage tags that’s said key. I was told that I could leave anytime up until  925am and we could sit in the pub if we like.

I left earlier because I wanted wheelchair assistance leaving.

Personally speaking I found the key to be a waste of money,

The key luncheon took almost 2 hours and we were set too close to each other. My filet was so dry, I kind of chocked when eating it.

My server at the key lunch was wonderful and they really tried to make you feel like a vip.

The goodbye breakfast was from 630 to 830am but I was unable to walk down to it.

19 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

Personally speaking I found the key to be a waste of money,

The key luncheon took almost 2 hours and we were set too close to each other. My filet was so dry, I kind of chocked when eating it.

My server at the key lunch was wonderful and they really tried to make you feel like a vip.

The goodbye breakfast was from 630 to 830am but I was unable to walk down to it.

Sorry to hear you did not have a good experience.  I'll be on the Oasis next month and purchased The Key since it was only two dollars more than the Voom Surf and Stream when it went on sale.  I see it's double the price now in my Cruise Planner.  I wouldn't buy it at $42 but at $22 it's a good price since it includes Surf n Stream.

2 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Yes but $22 for The Key which includes Stream is, IMO. 

You said it was only $2 above Stream and that would be somewhat of a deal if the Stream itself was a deal. $20 Stream and $22 Key is not a good deal. 

Edited by Biker19

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

You said it was only $2 above Stream. $20 Stream and $22 Key is not a good deal. 

The Key is $42 now on my Cruise Planner so I would think $22 is better than $42. I don't think it will go any lower this close to sailing but I could be wrong. It's a PITA to have to constantly check prices. 

2 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

The Key is $42 now on my Cruise Planner so I would think $22 is better than $42.

And some people pay $10K over the MSRP for a car - that doesn’t mean that MSRP is a good deal. 

Edited by Biker19

19 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

And some people pay $10K over the MSRP for a car - that doesn’t mean that MSRP is a good deal. 

Of course not, but comparing RCI Cruise Planner pricing where you can't go elsewhere past final payment to buying cars where there are a million other options is a bit of a stretch, IMO. 

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

Of course not, but comparing RCI Cruise Planner pricing where you can't go elsewhere past final payment to buying cars where there are a million other options is a bit of a stretch, IMO. 

It may have been a bad analogy, but the fact is $20/day Stream is not a good deal (it's only $23/day on the ship and they may have sales off that - also, you could skip the first day onboard (which you can't do buying in the planner) and you are already better off buying on board on the typical week cruise). Now, it may never go lower in the planner for your sailing, but that doesn't make it a good deal. Of course, like food, the definition of a good deal could be very subjective.

Just now, Biker19 said:

It may have been a bad analogy, but the fact is $20/day Stream is not a good deal (it's only $23/day on the ship and they may have sales off that - also, you could skip the first day onboard (which you can't do buying in the planner) and you are already better off buying on board on the typical week cruise). Now, it may never go lower in the planner for your sailing, but that doesn't make it a good deal. Of course, like food, the definition of a good deal could be very subjective.

Those are all valid points. I didn't buy Stream I bought The Key at $22 instead of $42 a day which not only includes Stream but has other perks as well. It's a good deal for me, YMMV. 

3 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Those are all valid points. I didn't buy Stream I bought The Key at $22 instead of $42 a day which not only includes Stream but has other perks as well. It's a good deal for me, YMMV. 

Key is only worth it for solo traveler. To have to pay $22 per day pp is a joke. You only need one internet package and all can share. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, renza said:

Key is only worth it for solo traveler. To have to pay $22 per day pp is a joke. You only need one internet package and all can share. 

True -- and I am a solo traveler so it works for me, but you're right, doesn't work if you have to pay double. Now there's one clear advantage of being a solo cruiser!

• Like 3

Can any one confirm what actual benefits there are to the Key at this time on the Oasis?  I have heard there is no priority seatinf in the theater.  What are the times for the flow rider and walk climbing wall?  We are on the Oasis 4 night beginning april.  We are D+ but with two parties that bought it and I am super hesitant as I dont use the internet and have never felt it was a very good value for what we do on a ship.  Its currently 42/day on our sailing or 700+ for 4 nights for a family of four which I find outrageous, but everyone we are going with bought it and now there is pressure for us to buy it.

Edited by rimmit

7 hours ago, twins_to_alaska said:

Stand up to the pressure! Wow... $700.. that's crazy. I think you could find a much better use for that money. I'm only paying $53.97 total for my 3 night cruise... and I definitely will use the high speed internet.

I agree.  I think its outrageous.  I am hoping to convince them its a waste if I can confirm some of the perks have been taken away during Covid.  Does the OP have any updates from the most recent cruise?

Edited by rimmit

On 3/19/2022 at 4:46 PM, livingonthebeach said:

Sorry to hear you did not have a good experience.  I'll be on the Oasis next month and purchased The Key since it was only two dollars more than the Voom Surf and Stream when it went on sale.  I see it's double the price now in my Cruise Planner.  I wouldn't buy it at $42 but at $22 it's a good price since it includes Surf n Stream.

$2 is awesome deal. Have fun.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just read the description for The Key perks on Symphony of the Seas coming up. Looks like they changed the shows to having seats in the VIP section (like a few years ago). It no longer says early access (45min prior to show). Sure hope thats true, I don't want to spend 45min sitting and waiting for a show! I don't even do that at home! Anyone been on board recently and experienced the special VIP section again?

I have the Key on the Allure next month. Was an easy upsell since the cost was a few dollars more than the voom streaming package. The extra few dollars gets us:

An hour every day on the Flow Riders with other Key members. I want that extra hour of FUN every single day because the flow rider is a blast! A few $$ for an hour of fun with less people in line....money well spent. An hour for rock climbing is also included and we will try that out also without so many guests.

The assigned seating section for all the shows is very welcome to us. I'm not one to wait 45 minutes before show time to get a certain seat. There's 45 minutes of more fun to be had in my view. So being able to get to a venue 15 min before showtime AND have seats waiting for us is awesome.

$20 for the Voom streaming package was the cheapest it's been since I've booked. So yes, getting the Key for $23 is a nice deal with added perks that we wanted to take advantage of.

Side note: Since I've been back on this site recently, there sure is that one guy who chimes in on nearly every single thread with a snarky comment. Hey buddy, most of us don't live on this Cruisecritic site. We check in with questions and comments when we need or want to.

This is a forum, not a FAQ. It's for discussion. Chill. You're being *THAT* guy.

Edited by Pomc99

1 hour ago, Pomc99 said:

This is a forum, not a FAQ. I

Some think it is an FAQ  BTW, not only are you unlikely to get an hour on the Flowrider every day, but when it is offered it might not be a very convenient time.